GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is a beautiful woman but mentally unbalanced and has been for quite some time. Her writings suggest she may be schizophrenic and I believe she left of her own distorted will. Her actions that night also seem quite 'off'. Into the ER, out before the child was seen, looks like she forgot her groceries and the clerk is handing them to her as she laughs, writing in her journal some really bizarre things, zodiacs and God messages, elevators of temptation, unable to cope with the mess of a couch cover, clean freak trying to control her environment, incoherent messages to people who may or may not read her blog, returning to to the B&B, driving on an empty tank of gas, chicken left out despite being home at 10:00pm, thinking the woman who was just released from jail is the perfect bride for her brother - all very, very weird. Sorry, it is.

She may have parked her car in front of another home and in her confusion, became lost and started to wander. It happens. She may have some knowledge of her psychosis and the beginning of its descent into absurdity and knowing her child would not be safe with her, left her at with the ex before her full blown cray-cray set in.

I am sure she has lucid moments of clarity, she managed to become some sort of nurse - a hospice nurse in particular. But, perhaps she felt her grasp on reality slipping and simply ran.

Every schizoprenic person I know runs away when their paranoid ideology takes over and nothing they do can be rationalized. I see a lot of similarities here. I think she is truly delusional and likely hiding from everything and everyone - except God.

I hope so as it means she is still alive and can be rescued. Poor tortured soul.

Thanks to those who posted those blog links. Felt quite ill after reading about the murdered pets.

Most likely TT was killed. Despite her personality disorder, she was too fixated on being a good mother, being a good religious person to forsake her child & run off.

3 suspects:

SW - suspicious he rents a house for several days for the visit then only stays a day and flies off.

Ms X - Female let out of jail - clearly a dangerous person, possibly lesbian lover, Scorpio.

Mr Scorpio - is there a male romantic interest who is a Scorpio or is it the female ex convict?

TT's secret - the secret she couldn't tell her blog friend yet... is it connected to the line about the man sleeping with daughter and mother...? Could it be S murdered her, afraid she was about to tell people about pedophilia?

The daughter's 1am "illness" - could it be fear of discovery that made them leave the hospital?

She would have needed a passport when she went to Haiti, right? Is it known if her passport is missing?

Thanks to those who posted those blog links. Felt quite ill after reading about the murdered pets.

Most likely TT was killed. Despite her personality disorder, she was too fixated on being a good mother, being a good religious person to forsake her child & run off.

3 suspects:

SW - suspicious he rents a house for several days for the visit then only stays a day and flies off.

Ms X - Female let out of jail - clearly a dangerous person, possibly lesbian lover, Scorpio.

Mr Scorpio - is there a male romantic interest who is a Scorpio or is it the female ex convict?

TT's secret - the secret she couldn't tell her blog friend yet... is it connected to the line about the man sleeping with daughter and mother...? Could it be S murdered her, afraid she was about to tell people about pedophilia?

The daughter's 1am "illness" - could it be fear of discovery that made them leave the hospital?

In regards to the Scorpio, we concluded it may be a LJ friend of hers. In the beginning of that entry she begins talking about zodiac photography. Her most active LJ friend, when we dug around enough, has an album online of zodiac photography and she is a Scorpio. The thing that is confusing is that she then begins to talk about a painful love affair with a Scorpio. This would lead me to believe one of two things: 1) She had a romantic relationship with this female LJ friend Scorpio. This may explain posts in the past about battling with an unstated internal sin (homosexuality??). OR 2) There is more than one Scorpio. She does change topics a few times throughout the post so it's hard to tell.

SW is a Gemini - she's not referring to him in the last post. In my mind, however, SW is most suspicious. In this article TT's stepfather describes SW as "meticulous".
http://cbs12.com/news/local/news-conference-set-for-430-pm-in-search-for-tricia-todd

Given that TT's stepfather described him this way.....I wouldn't be surprised if this was a well thought out, methodical crime. Based on TT's LJ, assuming part of it are true, he is not a very nice person. In fact, he himself may have a mental illness. If the bits about the animal abuse ARE true then he was able to harm MANY animals undetected for quite some time. If he wasn't methodical, he wouldn't have been able to go undetected for that. If all of that is true, these aren't emotional crimes. He thinks things out, plans, waits. SW hadn't seen TT or F in "months" and he comes to see F for one day and TT disappears with him being the last person to see her? It's a little more than ironic. I honestly wonder if he had an accomplice. Perhaps they traveled separately and lodged separately to keep the accomplice out of association with SW and off surveillance video. The last LJ post does refer to a threat which "terrified" her. The presence of an accomplice may explain why TT's phone turned off within 10 minutes of SW getting gas. Based on timeline, was he even able to make it back to his B&B by then? Even if the locations were close it takes at least a few minutes to obtain and pay for gas. (Did SW drive TT's car to the gas station, or his own?). If he had an accomplice he/she would be able to drive TT's car back to her "address", wipe the car clean, and be picked up by SW. The accomplice could then drive...wherever...under no suspicion, to dispose of her body. SW then went out several places the next day (despite F being sick), hoping to be caught on camera with F for the sole purpose of building an alibi. Perhaps they both used burn phones to keep their phone records clean. This is all speculation, of course. The thought of it being so thought out makes me feel sick, but I can't shake the feeling that this may also be a possibility based on TT's blog posts and descriptions of SW by people who knew him.

On a completely opposite and separate note, the Ed Sheeran lyrics in the song she posted repeat the phrase "wait for me to come home" multiple times. This would lead me to believe she left voluntarily. BUT If she was on the brink of a psychotic break, would she be capable of knowing this in advance and warning everyone at the last minute through her LJ to "wait for her"? My assumption would be no, but I don't have much experience with mental illness. I do find the lyrics pretty ironic. I do find her LJ posts to be all over the place, particularly the first/second paragraph in the last post, but I also find them as being somewhat poetic and intentionally cryptic (placing *'s instead of peoples names...it is a public journal). After the first/second paragraph the post begins to sound more "normal", just poetic.

My questions are did sw really kill the animals or did tt in a psycotic break and has no memory of it a friend of mine killed her dog during her psychotic break and had no memory of it she thought the dog ran away

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

It's hard to know for sure. The post about the animals seemed...off...to me. If SHE killed all of those animals during pyschotic breaks, would she be allowed to have full custody of F, particularly if it was known she wasn't medicated? If HE killed them, why did TT and SW get back together after she knew what he was capable of? Maybe she receonnected with him in the name of forgiveness. It still doesn't make any sense to me either way.

My questions are did sw really kill the animals or did tt in a psycotic break and has no memory of it a friend of mine killed her dog during her psychotic break and had no memory of it she thought the dog ran away

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I do believe that there was spousal abuse on both of their parts, but I don't feel as certain when it comes to the animals. TT used mouse traps to keep her animals off of the furniture. She also almost *instantly* forgave SW for the animal killings, and never reported it. She said it was because she didn't know about it until after the fact (so he killed around ten animals secretly, and then one day just told her about it?), but that isn't a good reason, imho, to NOT report the instances. The animal issues just have a ring of oddness about them to me that I can't completely believe TT.

In regards to the Scorpio, we concluded it may be a LJ friend of hers. In the beginning of that entry she begins talking about zodiac photography. Her most active LJ friend, when we dug around enough, has an album online of zodiac photography and she is a Scorpio. The thing that is confusing is that she then begins to talk about a painful love affair with a Scorpio. This would lead me to believe one of two things: 1) She had a romantic relationship with this female LJ friend Scorpio. This may explain posts in the past about battling with an unstated internal sin (homosexuality??). OR 2) There is more than one Scorpio. She does change topics a few times throughout the post so it's hard to tell.

SW is a Gemini - she's not referring to him in the last post. In my mind, however, SW is most suspicious. In this article TT's stepfather describes SW as "meticulous".
http://cbs12.com/news/local/news-conference-set-for-430-pm-in-search-for-tricia-todd

Given that TT's stepfather described him this way.....I wouldn't be surprised if this was a well thought out, methodical crime. Based on TT's LJ, assuming part of it are true, he is not a very nice person. In fact, he himself may have a mental illness. If the bits about the animal abuse ARE true then he was able to harm MANY animals undetected for quite some time. If he wasn't methodical, he wouldn't have been able to go undetected for that. If all of that is true, these aren't emotional crimes. He thinks things out, plans, waits. SW hadn't seen TT or F in "months" and he comes to see F for one day and TT disappears with him being the last person to see her? It's a little more than ironic. I honestly wonder if he had an accomplice. Perhaps they traveled separately and lodged separately to keep the accomplice out of association with SW and off surveillance video. The last LJ post does refer to a threat which "terrified" her. The presence of an accomplice may explain why TT's phone turned off within 10 minutes of SW getting gas. Based on timeline, was he even able to make it back to his B&B by then? Even if the locations were close it takes at least a few minutes to obtain and pay for gas. (Did SW drive TT's car to the gas station, or his own?). If he had an accomplice he/she would be able to drive TT's car back to her "address", wipe the car clean, and be picked up by SW. The accomplice could then drive...wherever...under no suspicion, to dispose of her body. SW then went out several places the next day (despite F being sick), hoping to be caught on camera with F for the sole purpose of building an alibi. Perhaps they both used burn phones to keep their phone records clean. This is all speculation, of course. The thought of it being so thought out makes me feel sick, but I can't shake the feeling that this may also be a possibility based on TT's blog posts and descriptions of SW by people who knew him.

Hi SmacD96

Astrology's a longstanding interest so the signs of each player never escaped me :)

Here's some insight into the main traits of each, bearing in mind very broad generalisations are applied with focus on this context, but the main truths never change.

TT - Pisces = Very "fey", ethereal mentally/poetic, more likely to use stream of conscious writing than any other sign, Escapist tendencies, dreamers, creative, one of 3 most emotional signs in the Zodiac, think with their hearts, the women epitomise feminity but can be the toughest of all women despite appearances, ALWAYS fall for Scorpios and vice versa (great passion & romance, naturally harmonious)

Mr / Ms X - Scorpios (there are 2 in her life I believe from her reference to "always" when talking about Pisces Scorp relationships, she has had more than one)
Extremely emotional but hides it, Passionate/ flip side obsessive, like to control, more likely to perpetrate "Fatal Attraction" than any other sign, vindictive/vengeful (2 types of Scorpios evolved/spiritual and unevolved. the former won't be the Fatal Attraction type but they are rare), secretive - the most secretive of any sign, loyal, stubborn, love deeply, seductive, highest libido, craves power/control

SW - Gemini - 2 personalities by nature. Likelier chance of Jekyll & Hyde but passions don't run as deep as other signs. Geminis like to stay on the surface, don't enjoy getting all emotional, find it hard to keep secrets - these are chatterboxes by nature. This would be a more clinical type of killer if any, detached from emotion, all logic. Very clever. Very powerful physical attraction with Pisces but incompatible - water vs air/emotion vs logic.

The differing innocence.guilt of TT's posts re the pets confuses us all because she is flipping into some kind of psychosis - whether she is just personality disordered or bipolar we can't tell but even personality disorders can verge on psychotic for brief times.

It appears they were both guilty of animal abuse at different times.

In her healthier state of mind she looks back and tattles on SW. When she's in a sick state she cannot see her own cruelty.

Nothing has given me the creeps more than this case. I regret reading TT's blog posts at all. To get over it I have to watch Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton's new duet to put a smile on my face.

It's hard to know for sure. The post about the animals seemed...off...to me. If SHE killed all of those animals during pyschotic breaks, would she be allowed to have full custody of F, particularly if it was known she wasn't medicated? If HE killed them, why did TT and SW get back together after she knew what he was capable of? Maybe she receonnected with him in the name of forgiveness. It still doesn't make any sense to me either way.

In regard to "why did TT and SW get back together..." it's called Stockholm Syndrome. It's real & scientists have discovered that chemicals are exchanged between abusers and their victims which binds them physically not just pyschologically (nature can be sick). Google it. Where abuse is involved we must NEVER be surprised that victims return or stay. They need a bulldozer to force them apart.

I really think people are taking TT's journal too seriously given her obvious (and confirmed by family) mental health issues. This really is like the TP case all over again, where people were trying to "make sense" of her tweets/accusations at various points; unsurprisingly, it turned out she was a delusional schizophrenic and the target of her tweets was a completely innocent/uninvolved bystander. Yes, it's completely possible that there is some kernel of lucid truth in her journal and, yes, this case is a bit different because she and SW at least had some kind of real relationship, but I don't think the first assumption should be "yes, SW obviously killed animals randomly" because TT (kind of) says he did. Remember that the cops say SW is not a POI. (Also, keep in mind that TT's family doesn't even seem to think that he's involved.)

In regard to "why did TT and SW get back together..." it's called Stockholm Syndrome. It's real & scientists have discovered that chemicals are exchanged between abusers and their victims which binds them physically not just pyschologically (nature can be sick). Google it. Where abuse is involved we must NEVER be surprised that victims return or stay. They need a bulldozer to force them apart.

Especially considering that fact that TT was raised in an abusive household, and referred to an abusive fiance (other than SW). She has spent her whole life in relationships of abuse. She also thinks that god frowns on divorce, and she thought that god was telling her to get back together with SW, when they had separated. She had double working against her.

I was thinking about all the similarities I see between Tricia and Teleka Patrick:

-bizarre, disjointed (in my opinion ... sorry) online ramblings (in which they both occasionally reference -directly, as well as indirectly- personal history with mental illness but conclude that they are not in need of help from a professional, despite both of them being healthcare professionals -in Teleka's case, a psychiatry resident-);

-somewhat extreme religious beliefs;

-age at the time of disappearance (30 -"The onset (of schizophrenia) in women is usually slightly later, between ages 25 - 34"; while we don't know for certain if Tricia or Teleka suffered from schizophrenia or any mental illness for that matter, they both appear to have suffered from delusions);

-no mention of history of mental illness on the part of victim by friends and family (with one exception: In Teleka's case, her ex-husband, about a month after she went missing, gave an interview in which he gave an account of an episode he personally experienced while they were still married, in which Teleka acted much like she was described to have been prior to her disappearance, e.g., erratic driving);

-exiting a car in the middle of the night immediately prior to disappearing;

And then a thought came to my mind: Is it possible that Tricia was obsessed with her ex-husband in much the way Teleka was with the pastor in Michigan, who ended up taking out a restraining order against her after she showed up at his house, uninvited, when his children were home alone?

Is it possible that F really wasn't sick after all, but Tricia (or rather, her disturbed brain :() told her ex something along the lines of "F has been sick. We ("But I have her insurance card, so I must be there, as well as you!") need to get her to the ER!" so that she could be with her ex, rather than to simply drop F off with him and leave? This would explain why they took F to the ER but left without F being seen by a doctor (faced with reality -perhaps after being told by a triage nurse that F was fine-, maybe Tricia relented at the last minute). This would also explain why the ex took F shopping, to the wilderness center, etc. the following morning: She was never ill.

Is it possible that Tricia went back to the Airbnb where her ex was staying uninvited, as opposed to the ex asking her to bring more medicine over? It seems to me that the MSM have been rather inconsistent in reporting the circumstances under which Tricia went over to the house; perhaps LE is of the opinion that this is really what happened but not releasing the information out of respect for her privacy.

Is it possible that Tricia intentionally let her car run out of gas, so that she would have an "excuse" to stay with her ex overnight ("I ran out of gas .... Can I just stay the night here and get gas in the morning?")? This would explain why the ex -and not Tricia- got gas on her behalf: He did not want her spending the night with him.

Did Tricia ever mention being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder? Perhaps that is what she was struggling with, rather than schizophrenia: "In moderate to severe cases (of borderline personality disorder), stress-induced breaks with reality or psychotic episodes (may be present)."

I'm sorry if all of this sounds so crazy ... it's just a thought ... :blushing:.

I was thinking about all the similarities I see between Tricia and Teleka Patrick:

-bizarre, disjointed (in my opinion ... sorry) online ramblings (in which they both occasionally reference -directly, as well as indirectly- personal history with mental illness but conclude that they are not in need of help from a professional, despite both of them being healthcare professionals -in Teleka's case, a psychiatry resident-);

-somewhat extreme religious beliefs;

-age at the time of disappearance (30 -"The onset (of schizophrenia) in women is usually slightly later, between ages 25 - 34"; while we don't know for certain if Tricia or Teleka suffered from schizophrenia or any mental illness for that matter, they both appear to have suffered from delusions);

-no mention of history of mental illness on the part of victim by friends and family (with one exception: In Teleka's case, her ex-husband, about a month after she went missing, gave an interview in which he gave an account of an episode he personally experienced while they were still married, in which Teleka acted much like she was described to have been prior to her disappearance, e.g., erratic driving);

-exiting a car in the middle of the night immediately prior to disappearing;

And then a thought came to my mind: Is it possible that Tricia was obsessed with her ex-husband in much the way Teleka was with the pastor in Michigan, who ended up taking out a restraining order against her after she showed up at his house, uninvited, when his children were home alone?

Is it possible that F really wasn't sick after all, but Tricia (or rather, her disturbed brain :() told her ex something along the lines of "F has been sick. We ("But I have her insurance card, so I must be there, as well as you!") need to get her to the ER!" so that she could be with her ex, rather than to simply drop F off with him and leave? This would explain why they took F to the ER but left without F being seen by a doctor (faced with reality -perhaps after being told by a triage nurse that F was fine-, maybe Tricia relented at the last minute). This would also explain why the ex took F shopping, to the wilderness center, etc. the following morning: She was never ill.

Is it possible that Tricia went back to the Airbnb where her ex was staying uninvited, as opposed to the ex asking her to bring more medicine over? It seems to me that the MSM have been rather inconsistent in reporting the circumstances under which Tricia went over to the house; perhaps LE is of the opinion that this is really what happened but not releasing the information out of respect for her privacy.

Is it possible that Tricia intentionally let her car run out of gas, so that she would have an "excuse" to stay with her ex overnight ("I ran out of gas .... Can I just stay the night here and get gas in the morning?")? This would explain why the ex -and not Tricia- got gas on her behalf: He did not want her spending the night with him.

Did Tricia ever mention being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder? Perhaps that is what she was struggling with, rather than schizophrenia: "In moderate to severe cases (of borderline personality disorder), stress-induced breaks with reality or psychotic episodes (may be present)."

I'm sorry if all of this sounds so crazy ... it's just a thought ... :blushing:.

I believe the sheriffs office was the one who said SW asked to bring more meds. I'll see if I can find that again

SBM...
I've actually wondered the same thing about the gas.

I believe the sheriffs office was the one who said SW asked to bring more meds. I'll see if I can find that again

I'm sorry I wasn't clear: What I meant is that the Sheriff is of the opinion (or somehow verified, perhaps via cell records) that Tricia showed up at the house uninvited, but in order to protect Tricia's privacy (particularly, in regards to her medical history, including her mental health), they have basically fabricated a story about her ex asking Tricia to bring medicine.

I'm also wondering (as completely outlandish as it sounds) if Tricia actually turned her cell off herself and hid it somewhere -to be retrieved later-, so that she could tell her ex she didn't have her phone with her, or she couldn't find it, without her cell phone she wouldn't feel safe driving home alone, therefore she should stay with him overnight ....

Especially considering that fact that TT was raised in an abusive household, and referred to an abusive fiance (other than SW). She has spent her whole life in relationships of abuse. She also thinks that god frowns on divorce, and she thought that god was telling her to get back together with SW, when they had separated. She had double working against her.

You are so right! Btw. I'm still very bothered about that post about a man sleeping with daughter and mother, calling them both baby so he never had to fuss about the name. It looks like she was using a biblical reference to something similar, in order to seek relief from agonising over that real life situation. What kind of mental hell she must have been in.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear: What I meant is that the Sheriff is of the opinion (or somehow verified, perhaps via cell records) that Tricia showed up at the house uninvited, but in order to protect Tricia's privacy (particularly, in regards to her medical history, including her mental health), they have basically fabricated a story about her ex asking Tricia to bring medicine.

I'm also wondering (as completely outlandish as it sounds) if Tricia actually turned her cell off herself and hid it somewhere -to be retrieved later-, so that she could tell her ex she didn't have her phone with her, or she couldn't find it, without her cell phone she wouldn't feel safe driving home alone, therefore she should stay with him overnight ....

Interesting theory about her showing up uninvited. Do you have a source for that? I hadn't thought of that or read that anywhere.

[QUOTE

I'm sorry if all of this sounds so crazy ... it's just a thought ... :blushing:.[/QUOTE]

Hi.

If TT has/had Borderline personality 1 of the biggest symptoms is confused sexual identity, which would incline her to seek "love" via hetero or lesbian affairs. BPD afficted people are prone to promiscuity too. I knew someone with it and they overtly clung to religion to try to walk the straight and narrow path.... They would also say and say that they'd seen (in their mind/dreams) the weirdest creepiest things. I used to think they did drugs or something because at other times of the SAME day they were completely normal!!! (American journalist with a big fan club. Definitely high functioning but out there outside of work)

BPD sufferers are also prone to sudden out of the blue raging, usually linked to fear of abandonment. The reason they are promiscuous is because they fear abandonment so they stock up on admirers in case the relationship they're in falls apart.

Reading her blog it's most likely she has BPD.

Thanks Justice 2016 for the breakdown of Zodiac signs. SW and TT seem to fit them to a T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran