GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempting to access the time spent when they're at a mutual friend's home until she ends up alone in the woods.

We know an argument ensued. Tristyn was forcibly pushed by the accused. Did she fall and hit her head on a hard surface?

When we first learned of her head injury, I opined her assailant bashed her head against a tree in or near the woods. It appears the initial head injury occurred prior to the pair walking along the parkway together.

Did the accused convince Tristyn the purpose of the walk was in order to give him an opportunity to apologize to her for being abrasive?

Someone suggested she may have been held at knife point during the walk seen on CCTV. Did their friends see them walk away together?

Reconciling the push and subsequent fall to a point where Tristyn is seen walking alongside the same guy who'd pushed her is puzzling. Yet she apparently was
not upset enough or badly injured to make her go home.

How did he manage to control her in or near the woods so that Tristyn suffered 49-50 defense wounds yet she was unable to flee from him?

I’m wondering if he was a kid that often lied (I don’t want to say pathological) and so his peers took it as another story/lie told by AF.
I'm 22 and I feel like when I was in middle school/high school I heard kids threaten this all the time. A child who is friends with this kid isn't going to think anything of it unfortunately, it gets thrown around all the time. IMO.

Attempting to access the time spent when they're at a mutual friend's home until she ends up alone in the woods.

We know an argument ensued. Tristyn was forcibly pushed by the accused. Did she fall and hit her head on a hard surface?

When we first learned of her head injury, I opined her assailant bashed her head against a tree in or near the woods. It appears the initial head injury occurred prior to the pair walking along the parkway together.

Did the accused convince Tristyn the purpose of the walk was in order to give him an opportunity to apologize to her for being abrasive?

Someone suggested she may have been held at knife point during the walk seen on CCTV. Did their friends see them walk away together?

Reconciling the push and subsequent fall to a point where Tristyn is seen walking alongside the same guy who'd pushed her is puzzling. Yet she apparently was

How did he manage to control her in or near the woods so that Tristyn suffered 49-50 defense wounds yet she was unable to flee from him?
But it is only his statement that they argued and he pushed her to the ground and she hit her head. I don't believe a word of it.
I do think that he pushed her to the ground but not in the time frame he says.

But it is only his statement that they argued and he pushed her to the ground and she hit her head. I don't believe a word of it.
I do think that he pushed her to the ground but not in the time frame he says.
I wonder if he's saying this happened to explain the blood found on his clothes and shoes?

"He had told friends that he was going to kill someone and that it was imminent— within the next 30 days or within the month"
snipped from this article
Most if not all of his friends most likely thought it was an idle boast.
Sadly he has laid out his plans and if he's released at 18 or 21 years old (due to his youth); he'll likely commit more crimes, and should not be allowed to walk free.

The very least LE can do is to warn the city he moves to after his release; and to remind people of the horrific nature of the acts he willingly chose to commit.
114 stab wounds and more than a third of them were defensive in nature.
This was a rage-filled act, and poor Tristyn fought for her life !

It's not realistic that he'll be sentenced to life without parole, so the general public need to be warned.
Some especially heinous acts indicate a violent perp who will continue to be a danger.
Imo.

Last edited:
I think he may end up receiving a LWOP sentence. I know it is unusual for a 14 yr old. But this is an extreme case of depravity. If not LWOP, it will be many decades at the very least.

He is so callous and unsympathetic, and the crime was so violent, and for no reason---no mitigating factors that I can see at all.

JMO

I don't think we know that he pushed her to the ground or even that they got into an argument. That was apparently just one version of the story he told. It doesn't make much sense that she would then willingly go into the woods with him. It's more likely he lured her there.

From what we have heard, the only motive in this case is that he wanted to kill. He didn't need to be angry with her. We know he made statements to friends about killing someone for at least a month, but he may have been having homicidal thoughts for months or years. He may have had fantasies or urges for a long time.

This case reminds me of 14 year old Claire Miller, who stabbed her sister several times as she lay in her bed. She was allegedly having suicidal and homicidal thoughts before the murder. I think she chose her sister because she was an easy target. But she appeared to be remorseful after the murder.
Aiden seemed boastful and proud.

I believe if it hadn't been Tristyn he was with that night, it could have been anybody he chose to kill. But she was with him, and it was the perfect opportunity. Once he had her alone in the woods, she was vulnerable and an easy target. The head wound/wounds could have been a result of any number of things.

We may never learn all the details of what happened that night, but we do know that he stabbed her at least 114 times and she fought for her life.

I have no doubt that if he hadn't been caught he would have killed again. He killed her for the thrill, with no remorse, and was proud of what he'd done. He didn't need a reason. He didn't need to be angry. He had the makings of a serial killer.

IMO

Last edited:
I don't think we know that he pushed her to the ground or even that they got into an argument. That was apparently just one version of the story he told. It doesn't make much sense that she would then willingly go into the woods with him. It's more likely he lured her there.

From what we have heard, the only motive in this case is that he wanted to kill. He didn't need to be angry with her. We know he made statements to friends about killing someone for at least a month, but he may have been having homicidal thoughts for months or years. He may have had fantasies or urges for a long time.

This case reminds me of 14 year old Claire Miller, who stabbed her sister several times as she lay in her bed. She was allegedly having suicidal and homicidal thoughts before the murder. I think she chose her sister because she was an easy target. But she appeared to be remorseful after the murder.
Aiden seemed boastful and proud.

I believe if it hadn't been Tristyn he was with that night, it could have been anybody he chose to kill. But she was with him, and it was the perfect opportunity. Once he had her alone in the woods, she was vulnerable and an easy target. The head wound/wounds could have been a result of any number of things.

We may never learn all the details of what happened that night, but we do know that he stabbed her at least 114 times and she fought for her life.

I have no doubt that if he hadn't been caught he would have killed again. He killed her for the thrill, with no remorse, and was proud of what he'd done. He didn't need a reason. He didn't need to be angry. He had the makings of a serial killer.

IMO

I will say that the pushed-to-the-ground/hit-her-head explanation helps explain one thing -- why we haven't heard anything about neighbors hearing screams.

Just my own opinion...
I wonder if part of this crime was sexual, even if rape or intercourse was not involved.

Piquerism (stabbing someone either during sex or as a form of sexual release) has been described as a motivation for several serial killers, including Albert Fish and Jack the Ripper.

Psychology Today article describing piquerism:
Life on a Knife Edge

I'm interested in what everyone's thoughts are on what has not been disclosed about the case. Why would LE have withheld details? Are we allowed to discuss that here under WS rules now?
My guess is it was at the request of Tristyn’s family and the DA thinking they have a strong enough case for 1st degree murder without the additional info (crimes).

He may not get LWOP but I can’t imagine him ever being approved for parole. Moo

I will say that the pushed-to-the-ground/hit-her-head explanation helps explain one thing -- why we haven't heard anything about neighbors hearing screams.
Yes, if it really happened while they were walking I would think someone would have seen or heard something. Voices tend to get louder when people argue. LE have analyzed the surveillance footage as well as home security cameras and saw no evidence of a struggle.

They also did not mention any evidence of blunt force trauma to her head. The wounds described only point to penetrating trauma. She certainly didn't have the tip of a knife blade stuck in her scalp from being knocked down and hitting her head.

IMO

I'd like to thank everyone that corrected my post that contained Aiden forcibly pushing Tristyn as being one such (unverified) story that he told LEOs.

It appears, then, that TB went willingly with the accused into the woods for a heartbreaking outcome.

Is it correct that they were at a mutual friend's home? Is it true friends saw them departing together?

(I'm at a slight disadvantage w/ only my phone's small screen and spotty internet. TYIA)

I'd like to thank everyone that corrected my post that contained Aiden forcibly pushing Tristyn as being one such (unverified) story that he told LEOs.

It appears, then, that TB went willingly with the accused into the woods for a heartbreaking outcome.

Is it correct that they were at a mutual friend's home? Is it true friends saw them departing together?

(I'm at a slight disadvantage w/ only my phone's small screen and spotty internet. TYIA)
The DA said that "this started out as a few kids hanging out together, but it didn't end that way."

Tristyn was seen alone on video at 1:15 am near the Amenity Center, and the two of them were seen together at 1:45 am on Saddlestone Dr. It sounds like they might have left at different times and then later run into each other.

I don't recall what LE said about them leaving together, or what witnesses said in regard to the friend's house. Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks.

During the PC a reporter asked if they had been romantically linked before that night or "as of" that night. The DA said he couldn't answer that and they were still investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy