GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think this was pre-meditated and she was lured out to the woods. Perhaps under thr guise of playing “among us” or other scare hide and seek game. Maybe this kid used this opportunity to become a real killer instead of just pretending. I do believe he carried or hid the knife with the sole intent of harming someone. I bet friends will say they never saw it used in the manner of utility. I also wonder if it wss a gift from a male figure in his life.

The DA said that "this started out as a few kids hanging out together, but it didn't end that way."

Tristyn was seen alone on video at 1:15 am near the Amenity Center, and the two of them were seen together at 1:45 am on Saddlestone Dr. It sounds like they might have left at different times and then later run into each other.

I don't recall what LE said about them leaving together, or what witnesses said in regard to the friend's house. Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks.

During the PC a reporter asked if they had been romantically linked before that night or "as of" that night. The DA said he couldn't answer that and they were still investigating.

Thank you, Betsy, for kindly clarifying. Thanks also to CrimeAway for posting the informative news conference.

Happy Memorial Weekend to All!

The DA said that "this started out as a few kids hanging out together, but it didn't end that way."

Tristyn was seen alone on video at 1:15 am near the Amenity Center, and the two of them were seen together at 1:45 am on Saddlestone Dr. It sounds like they might have left at different times and then later run into each other.

I don't recall what LE said about them leaving together, or what witnesses said in regard to the friend's house. Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks.

During the PC a reporter asked if they had been romantically linked before that night or "as of" that night. The DA said he couldn't answer that and they were still investigating.
To quote Mr Larizza concerning the question of a romantic involvement either previously or as of that night, "I'm not really prepared to talk about that today." Careful choice of words in my opinion.

Speaking from personal experience, when I was 13, if a boy a year older than me told me he liked me and wanted to hang out, I would have done whatever it took. Not saying she liked him at all just could potentially explain how she ended up in the woods with him.

I think it might have been arranged for a group of girls and boys to sneak out but for some reason it ended up just being Tristan and AF.
I can't help thinking he toyed with her. 49 defence sounds is a lot. I'm getting a lot of them were shallow of slices.
I hate speaking like this about tristyn's injuries.
this reminds me of Paris lee BENNET who killed his 4 yr old sister Ella by stabbing her 17 times when he was 13. The book his mum wrote, how now butterfly about her murder broke my heart.
she never saw anything in Paris to suggest he would stay his own sister. Heart breaking crimes.

To quote Mr Larizza concerning the question of a romantic involvement either previously or as of that night, "I'm not really prepared to talk about that today." Careful choice of words in my opinion.
Yes there has been some very diplomatic side stepping on some questions. Not sure if the LE is being very direct in placing blame where it belongs and don’t want to muddy the water with assumptions of motive or if they are deliberately protecting certain information.
114 is a lot. I actually am still reeling from this number. It is something I can’t imagine a child doing, no matter the broken upbringing. And this is why I am so glad they are trying him as an adult.

I could have sworn I saw that she was in 7th and he was in 8th?

"Bailey was a seventh grader at Patriot Oaks Academy in Saint Johns. Fucci was an eighth grader at the same school."

Snipped from here
No clue. They are both msm. ??? I can’t imagine her crushing on him, but I know bad boys were “crushed on” for many of my friends back in the day.

No clue. They are both msm. ??? I can’t imagine her crushing on him, but I know bad boys were “crushed on” for many of my friends back in the day.

Exactly what I'm saying. I was also a competitive cheerleader at 13 like sweet Tristyn and "my type" were the boys who hung out at the skatepark and were up to no good. Way more common than people think.

Definitely he would 100% fit with my type at age 13. Could have been best friends with my then boyfriend. So similar! And that was before I learned he was an astonishing 5’11, 179 lbs. I don’t think I knew a middle schooler that tall! Height wasn’t my thing, but that would have stood out.
Luckily the only thing my 13 year old boyfriend did with his pocket knife was carve my initials in his ankle. I remember I was scared he’d push carving his initials in my ankle but luckily he gave up on that. But our passions were certainly high at age 13. It all felt very Romeo and Juliet at that age. JMO.

Now that some facts are out, where are all of the posters who stated that this killer deserves to be rehabilitated and released? .....crickets......

There goes the 360!
If any killer deserves our rehabilitation efforts, it is our juvenile killers. I stand by that still. I am glad that the courts will re-evaluate his sentence when he is an adult to see if he was rehabilitated or not.

Now that some facts are out, where are all of the posters who stated that this killer deserves to be rehabilitated and released? .....crickets......

There goes the 360!
I still think a young person of that age can be rehabilitated and released. I would take years but not impossible. The UK has rehabilitated many child murderers. I think that the way that they have done it makes a lot of sense. Given them a whole new ID. Released them with a clean slate and nothing to follow them around.
Only Jonathon Venables has been in trouble, but not for violence, for SCAM on his computer.

If any killer deserves our rehabilitation efforts, it is our juvenile killers. I stand by that still. I am glad that the courts will re-evaluate his sentence when he is an adult to see if he was rehabilitated or not.

I agree that we should try and rehabilitate juvenile offenders.

I know some ex-gang members who have since turned their whole lives around. They regret joining gang life as teens and have worked hard with youth groups, trying to save other vulnerable kids from making same mistakes.

But I don't have much hope at all , that this killer can ever be rehabilitated enough to be walking free. He stabbed a girl, whom he knew well, over a hundred times with a hunting knife.

And he knew that his friends knew he was hanging out with her. So he was coldblooded, brutal and he didn't give a eff about it. And when discovered by authorities, he made it a big joke, took a selfie in the squad car, and smirked.

I think he is void of feelings, and doesn't care what anyone else thinks about his depravity. He is actually kind of proud of himself.

What kind of 'program' can help this shell of a human? JMO MOO

I still think a young person of that age can be rehabilitated and released. I would take years but not impossible. The UK has rehabilitated many child murderers. I think that the way that they have done it makes a lot of sense. Given them a whole new ID. Released them with a clean slate and nothing to follow them around.
Only Jonathon Venables has been in trouble, but not for violence, for SCAM on his computer.
I don't think JV was rehabilitated.

James Bulger's killer Jon Venables guilty over child *advertiser censored* | Daily Mail Online

• Jon Venables was one of two boys behind the 1993 murder of James Bulger
  • The killer was freed from prison while still in his teens and given a new identity
  • He returned to jail in 2010 for having child *advertiser censored* but was freed again
  • Today he admitted a similar charge and was sent back to prison for a third time
  • Judge jailed him for 40 months, branding images 'heartbreaking, barbarous evil'
  • Venables adds to his victim's family's torment by offering them 'an apology'

TB was a taller than many girls on her cheer squad, strong and very athletic. Some girls feel awkward if they are bigger than the boys at that age. Perhaps she might have been the type to be proactive in making her size work while maintaining popularity. AF might have been an interest to her at 5’11 and 179 pounds. IMO

There goes the 360!
Well, that was "before" the details were revealed. Some children are just not amenable to treatment.

I don't see why his attorney can't have him evaluated to determine whether or not there is a chance he would benefit from treatment. However, if he were to be placed in a juvenile detention center he would likely be a danger to other inmates.

On the other hand, juveniles placed in adult prisons are more likely to be subject to sexual abuse and violence. It wouldn't do him any good to be isolated and alone until he's 18 and then moved into the adult population.

Also, I think juveniles in adult prisons are much more likely to reoffend upon release than adults. Apparently mental health treatment is practically non-existent.

It's too bad they don't have a juvenile facility for violent offenders. But then again, most kids don't fantasize about murder and then follow through with it.

I really don't know what the answer is. The important thing is that justice is served for Tristyn and her family. The best option for the killer may be to ensure he never has an opportunity to hurt anybody again. At least he has the chance to be re-evaluated as an adult to consider his sentence.

Tristyn will never have the chance to do anything, ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy