FL FL/TX/CA /NH CHRISTOPHER WILDER, the "Beauty Queen Killer, 1980-84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you see this? http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...AAtAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6c0FAAAAIBAJ&pg=1617,4095316

Wilder had knives, blood spatters, jewelry at his house inside shortly after Gonzalez and Kenyon's disappearance-he was seen leaving with boxes of stuff he put hte cops think(why didn't they follow him???!!),under some false name somewhere-(god knows-the dead girls could've been there!)..no follow-up on this? Wilder also seen moving car, motor home-omg! This was sloppy FBI/police work.!

There were no remains found in or around Christopher Wilders home/property in Boynton Beach. I do know that remains of 3 or 4 bodies have been found in the upper Florida Keys since Wilders death that as far as I know have not been identified.

CSIBBPD
sfpr@bellsouth.net

Another possible Wilder victim.

1983 slaying of young woman may have been work of serial killer
By Dan Herbeck | Published June 27, 2017 | Updated June 27, 2017

SHELBY – Shari Lynne Ball's naked, badly decomposed body was found by a hunter nearly 34 years ago along Route 63 in Orleans County, in a soggy wildlife refuge known to locals as the Alabama Swamps.

But for more than three decades, no one knew who she was. She was listed in police reports as an unidentified "Jane Doe."

Then, in 2014, State Police had her body exhumed from the grave. A DNA sample was taken and compared with a national database. That enabled police to identify the victim as Ball, who had left her Florida home in 1983 at age 20 in hopes of pursuing a career as a fashion model.

And now, there is a growing belief that Ball may have been murdered by a suspected serial killer named Christopher Wilder, who struck up friendships with attractive young women, offered to help them find modeling jobs, and then raped and killed them.

"It's a possibility that absolutely cannot be ruled out, and it is very intriguing to us," said Christopher Weber, a senior investigator with the Troop A Major Crimes Squad in Batavia. "It certainly matches Wilder's method of operations. He portrayed himself as a professional photographer.

[...]

Police said they have no definitive proof that Wilder ever spent time in Western New York, but a Medina businesswoman told The Buffalo News she is "absolutely certain" that she met Wilder in Lockport on July 1, 1983 – which would have been right around the time when Shari Lynne Ball was murdered and her body was left in the swamp off Route 63.

"I am absolutely certain that the man I met was Christopher Wilder," said the businesswoman, Shane Kurz Sia. "I was having a yard sale at my home in Lockport and he came zooming up in a flourish in a sports car with out-of-state plates. He hung around for about half an hour. He told me I was attractive, gave me his business card and told me he could help me get modeling jobs."

[...]

Sia said she found the encounter "kind of odd" and unsettling, but never gave it too much thought until about April 1984, when the FBI held a nationally televised news conference to announce that Wilder was a suspected serial killer and that he had been added to the agency's list of "Ten Most Wanted Fugitives."

"I said, 'That's the guy who came to the yard sale,' " Sia recalled.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/27/cold-case-files-woman-slain-1983-may-victim-serial-killer/

Much more to read at the link.

I know it's a bit early in the timeline, but there are some similarities in a 1971 case in Baltimore. Grace 'Gay' Montanye, 16 went missing on 29 Sept 1971 after apparently seeing someone about a modeling gig and turned up beaten to death behind a cemetery. She was a cheerleader and a teen pageant finalist. Again, it's early and a bit out of the way, but we know he attended a teen pageant before and the modeling thing is standard for him. Since he was working construction it's not out of the question that he would be there at the time.
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=70140634

Suzanne,
This was 1981 or 82 and Boca West was just being built. It was a brand new development. There was land cleared and lots of dirt, new roads and a few new buildings.
The boardwalk was a nature hammock. I do not know if there is more than on in Boca West today or not. You would have to check. I did a google map on it and I only saw one.
The name of the modeling agency was Models Plus on Oakland park and Federal Hwy. My agent and the owner's name was Brad Davis.
He really thought that Wilder was a legitimate person working for BMW, searching for a model.
Apparently Wilder was a contractor on that site and that he why he had access to it. Who know how long he had been there with access!
It always bothered me that I had never heard of ANYTHING associated with Wilder and Boca West in the news. I just figured that I was there with the FBI and assumed that if they found something, then it would be in the news. When it wasn't, well, sometimes I wondered if they even looked. I had to feel they did. I mean if they didn't then they did not do a good job investigating. Especially since Wilder had free access to Boca West!
Hi. I think Christopher Wilder may have been the man who attempted to kidnap me in summer 1983. He drove a newish white BMW. Your blog here is the only thing I've ever read that mentioned him and BMW. So, it intrigues me. I was 17 at the time and was slender with long, blonde hair and blue eyes. I would have fit his type perfectly. Do you remember why your agent thought Wilder was connected to BMW? Do you know if he owned a white BMW? I lived in Birmingham, Alabama, at the time, and I haven't found anything to really link him there. However, it was just off a major interstate at a remote gas station, and it was a Friday night. The man looked like he had taken off his suit coat and tie, like he was traveling on business. What an ordeal it was.

This video report about Christopher Wilder and possible links to the Wanda Beach Murders has recently been posted on You Tube:

This just popped up, with regards to Colleen Orsburn. I wasn't able to find a thread for her here? Do you recognize these girls? Police looking to ID photos from Quincy as they probe cold case linked to serial killer

A snippet:
QUINCY, MASS. (WHDH) - Quincy police are turning to the public for help identifying four girls who were photographed in Quincy in connection with a cold case in Florida.

Quincy police shared the photos on Twitter on Wednesday in the hopes that it may provide a lead to officers investigating the death of Colleen Orsburn, who was 15 when she disappeared from her home in Daytona Beach on March 14, 1984.

Colleen’s killer is suspected to be serial killer Christopher Wilder.

edited to add the photos, from same linkScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 1.40.19 PM.png

This just popped up, with regards to Colleen Orsburn. I wasn't able to find a thread for her here? Do you recognize these girls? Police looking to ID photos from Quincy as they probe cold case linked to serial killer

A snippet:
QUINCY, MASS. (WHDH) - Quincy police are turning to the public for help identifying four girls who were photographed in Quincy in connection with a cold case in Florida.

Quincy police shared the photos on Twitter on Wednesday in the hopes that it may provide a lead to officers investigating the death of Colleen Orsburn, who was 15 when she disappeared from her home in Daytona Beach on March 14, 1984.

Colleen’s killer is suspected to be serial killer Christopher Wilder.

edited to add the photos, from same linkView attachment 266145
Updated..
Oct 1 2020 rbbm.
Girls With Quincy Ties Identified After Old Photo Found In Florida Cold Case Murder File
''BOSTON CBS) – Police have figured out the identities of four girls whose old photos were found in a Florida cold case murder file.''

''It turns out one of the girls happened to be vacationing in Florida at the time of the murder, and she lost her wallet during the trip. The wallet had the photos inside.

The wallet turned up near the crime scene.

Investigators are not sure if the killer dumped the wallet there — or if it was just a coincidence.''

That is super confusing. Did he somehow have the girl's wallet? They met up and he stole it, or she lost it/left it with him somehow and he tossed it?? It doesn't sound like the vacationing girl was a victim too. So weird.

That is super confusing. Did he somehow have the girl's wallet? They met up and he stole it, or she lost it/left it with him somehow and he tossed it?? It doesn't sound like the vacationing girl was a victim too. So weird.
Sounds more like a coincidence then anything else

Thanks for bumping this up.

I think Wilder was responsible for more killings than he is "credited" for. In addition to the women he killed in 1984 (during his killing spree), he is suspected of killing two teenage girls in Sydney, Australia, and also of raping two young girls in Florida in 1983. I truly doubt that between 1965 and 1984, Wilder was able to keep from killing.

100% agree ..... their are more victims out there

This is another interesting case to me. I have raced sports cars for years, and in the early 1980's I was in several races with Wilder. I still have the results sheets with both our names on them. He would be at the social events after the races and seemed like a very quiet, regular guy. It goes to show you just never know.

Do you have the exact dates for any of them? If any of those dates happened to be when disappearances or murders occurred, we might be able to rule him out.

The one that I was able to find has him racing with me in Daytona on June 11-12, 1983. Edit; If my memory is correct, there were no auto races in Daytona in March, only motorcycle races.

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 17
By the way, his car is on the right in the middle photo on the second row on the cover of the newsletter.

The one that I was able to find has him racing with me in Daytona on June 11-12, 1983. Edit; If my memory is correct, there were no auto races in Daytona in March, only motorcycle races.
Thank you for the screenshots, very helpful!

Interesting. One of his alleged victims was Rosario Gonzalez, a spokes model at the Miami Grand prix. She was last seen Feb 26th, 1984. Makes me wonder if he was looking for possible victims at the races or if Rosario was just a chance encounter who became easy prey.
A detective once told me possible perps who could have been responsible for my friend Wendy Huggy's disappearance in 1982. Christopher Wilder was mentioned. I'm not sure because there is not a time line and at some point he was in Australia in 1982. Anything is possible. She disappeared from the mall and he was known for abducting a woman from Tallahassee at a mall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back