GUILTY FL - Vincent Collins & Savannah Sholter for starving disabled 2yo son, Hialeah, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is just no excuse for this. There are 2 parents here and neither of them cared. By the sounds of it, they became bored with looking after him and basically left him to die in a room all on his own. This is after, god knows, how many months of neglect. What always amazes me is, they were quite clearly not struggling too buy food,as the mother looks overweight.

There were NOT 1 BUT 2 PARENTS here that could have quite easily asked for help. But CHOSE to do nothing.

I just dont understand what goes through their minds. In addition to this there were dead animals in the room. Poor little guy. I hope he is OK and goes to a loving home once he is better.

Has anyone seen an update on this? How is Elijah doing?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/03/08/judge-to-decide-temporary-custody-in-hialeah-abuse-case/

"Collins is a machinery technician for the U.S. Coast Guard and a Coast Guard team had regularly checked on the two-year old. Coast Guard representatives told a judge the couple on at least one occasion would not allow them to see the children after last September’s call to DCF.

The Department of Families and Children said they have a history with the couple. But they were not able to say what happened after Martinez called the hotline about the children, and what actions, if any, were taken."

Didn't the Coast Guard team get suspicious when they weren't allowed to see the children? What good were any of them (CG or DFC)? How could they ignore something so obvious?

What on earth happened here? From the pics it sure looks like they loved him, lots of toys, nice clothes, lots of pics, doesn't seem to be in a dirty environment from what you can see in the pics....of course I wouldn't let my cat practically sit on my baby's head. So sad, thank goodness she at least called 911! Just doesn't make any sense though, you would think that they would have at least moved him to the room they were staying in rather than let the paramedics see how the poor baby was living in filth. But thank God the did see, otherwise this poor little boy would still be there or worse, dead.

Just doesn't make any sense though, you would think that they would have at least moved him to the room they were staying in rather than let the paramedics see how the poor baby was living in filth. But thank God the did see, otherwise this poor little boy would still be there or worse, dead.

That is strange. If they had moved the child into 'their' room, EMS wouldn't have even seen that the child was staying in that other nasty room. Maybe 'their' room was really dirty also - but hopefully no dead animals!

They should also be charged with animal cruelty on top of the cruelty to their child :(

Vincent Collins

B12909.jpg

DC number: B12909
DOB: 12/06/1985
Current Release Date: 07/31/2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads