GUILTY FL - Wayne Treacy for savage beating of 15yo girl, Deerfield Beach, 17 March 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've read the text message transcripts. Treacy threatened Josie before she mentioned his brother. Treacy comes across as the bully, not Josie, IMO.

I am just so disgusted at his parents behavior. Calling Josie "the bully". GMAB

This just solidifies my thoughts as to Treacy's actions.

THIS IS NOT NATURE BUT NUTURE!!! Clearly evidenced by daddy's actions.

Just makes me sick :puke:

As I have always said, bullies raise bullies. Bullies are no surprise to their parents.

I hope Josie is doing well and getting on with her life. I pray that she has gotten her artist skills back. I know that was very important to her.

Trial date moved to May. No reason given as to why.

Interestingly, apparently they're settling on the jury Feb. 16. I can't understand that one bit - surely among 12 people and 2 alternates, there will be changes in SOMEONE'S life in 3 months that will affect their ability to serve. Why not seat your jury the week prior to the beginning of the trial?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...acy-court-date-brief-20120123,0,7347709.story

It's probably still here...somewhere. The title for the thread was rather generic, IIRC. I know I always have trouble finding it.

Thanks for starting a trial related thread, perhaps this can be moved over to the currently awaiting trial area?

It's probably still here...somewhere. The title for the thread was rather generic, IIRC. I know I always have trouble finding it.

Thanks for starting a trial related thread, perhaps this can be moved over to the currently awaiting trial area?

Well, I had been keeping up with that thread and posting updates when they occurred. It was on this forum, and i could find it with a search of "Josie Lou Ratley" or "Wayne Treacy". Now, when I did that search it showed no results found.

So I don't know . . .

Well, I had been keeping up with that thread and posting updates when they occurred. It was on this forum, and i could find it with a search of "Josie Lou Ratley" or "Wayne Treacy". Now, when I did that search it showed no results found.

So I don't know . . .

I had a heck of a time trying to find a thread on here the other day, too?

I found it by 'googling' the name and Websleuths and I was able to get to it.

or you can type: site:websleuths.com "search terms" and come up with all threads where that term is mentioned.

Jurors hear of texts and rage at center of Wayne Treacy's attempted murder trial

7:54 p.m. EDT, July 9, 2012
FORT LAUDERDALE—
Tears fell on opposite sides of a Broward courtroom Monday as prosecutor Maria Schneider described the brutal, nearly fatal beating of Deerfield Beach teenager Josie Lou Ratley.

Seated in the audience, Ratley's mother, Hilda Gotay, wept as she heard how her daughter went from laughing and smiling with her friends to fighting for her life with irreversible brain damage in the course of a single March afternoon two years ago.

On the other side of the room, defendant Wayne Treacy, 17, also cried as Schneider described how he became enraged by a dismissive text message, put on a pair of steel-toe boots and tracked Ratley down at Deerfield Beach Middle School, throwing her to the ground, banging her head against the concrete and stomping on her until a teacher tackled him to end the horror.

More including video.......

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...treacy-trial-opening-20120709,0,6106109.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back