FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am assuming that the Secret Service has a schedule of events of their protectees and update it as it changes. Even if President Trump didn't have a golf outing on his schedule for Sunday, the SS would have just needed to implement their usual plan for when there is a golf outing there, once they were informed that an impromptu golf outing was planned. President Trump had a rally in Arizona the night before and probably got back pretty late Saturday night/Sunday morning or even may have returned on Sunday morning and since he had a special guest with him from NYC, they decided to play a round of golf. One would assume that the SS would just implement their plan to sweep the course that they always do when they are protecting President Trump on a golf outing, even if it wasn't scheduled in advance. There would be procedures already in place that they could implement. I didn't hear Rowe say that they didn't have time to implement their procedures.

There also is no evidence that I have seen in MSM anywhere that suggests that the Secret Service ever asked President Trump not to golf on his golf course and suggest that he go to some other golf course in the area, although there is some speculation that they have done so and that President Trump ignored their advice. Purely speculation as far as I can tell.

Sweeping an 18 hole golf course probably takes quite a while. If Trump was impatient to play anyway, they may have had to improvise the plan to let him play while the SS agents went sweeping hole by hole, ahead of Trump. It's always a dilemma for SS agents when they have to deal with protectees who want to bend the rules. That's been the case through many, but not all, administrations. I think I recall some of Gerald Ford's kids liked to sneak out at night. Bill Clinton liked to go out jogging, then take off for the closest McDonalds. Bobby Kennedy and his brother JFK were always jumping out of cars to shake hands with voters on the streets, etc.

Last year I was working on an article about foreign fighters and volunteers in Ukraine. The piece focused on people who were not qualified to be allowed anywhere near the battlefield in a U.S.-led war and yet were fighting on the front against Russia, with access to weapons and military equipment...

I am assuming that the Secret Service has a schedule of events of their protectees and update it as it changes. Even if President Trump didn't have a golf outing on his schedule for Sunday, the SS would have just needed to implement their usual plan for when there is a golf outing there, once they were informed that an impromptu golf outing was planned. President Trump had a rally in Arizona the night before and probably got back pretty late Saturday night/Sunday morning or even may have returned on Sunday morning and since he had a special guest with him from NYC, they decided to play a round of golf. One would assume that the SS would just implement their plan to sweep the course that they always do when they are protecting President Trump on a golf outing, even if it wasn't scheduled in advance. There would be procedures already in place that they could implement. I didn't hear Rowe say that they didn't have time to implement their procedures.

There also is no evidence that I have seen in MSM anywhere that suggests that the Secret Service ever asked President Trump not to golf on his golf course and suggest that he go to some other golf course in the area, although there is some speculation that they have done so and that President Trump ignored their advice. Purely speculation as far as I can tell.
Thread post #430 of @imstilla.grandma above references an online Washington Post September 16, 2024 article by Carol Leonnig, Josh Dawsey, and Isaac Stanley-Becker entitled ‘Trump’s golf outings have long concerned Secret Service’ that appears to speak to some of the points above. MOO

Post in thread 'FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt'
FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

But I read that he was a Trump supporter at one time

Kudzu what do you make of that? Interested in hearing your opinion
I will have to send you a pm after I give this some serious thought. My opinions are usually misunderstood and someone reports it for breaking a rule. Guns. Politics. IMO it is a nasty combination that has turned violent.

I do have a theory though that I will share with you. BTW, I'm 65 years old, I come from a rural Kentucky background that I'm proud of, but I have adapted as I've aged which I believe gives me a unique perspective.

Just going through his tweets:

Tweets a Senator to ask to borrow some Patriots missile defense systems; says he will learn how to operate them.

Tweets Seth Rogan to ask if he and James Franco will go to North Korea to make peace ( if I recall, those two made a comedy about North Korea).

Asks Elton John to collaborate on a song to rally Ukrainian support.

Asks Sean Penn to help him procure 29 fighter jets from Poland to give to Ukraine. In a later tweet he talks about flying them and hitting "every place Putin sleeps."
Obvious signs of mental illness IMO . But in this political climate there isn't any significant way to keep guns away from these people. MOO .

Obvious signs of mental illness IMO . But in this political climate there isn't any significant way to keep guns away from these people. MOO .
As a convicted felon, he was prohibited from buying or possessing guns. They almost had him on felon in possession charges several years ago, but the tipster didn’t back up their tip.

He must have bought it from a third party, but the lack of a visible serial number could make it impossible to trace. Hopefully they can raise it somehow.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I would have significant issues with any of my children being around Trump right now. He has chosen this, anyone in his proximity, especially if he has his grandchildren around him, have not, and imagine if his granddaughter was with him on the golf course?!

And really, it is next to impossible to keep Trump completely safe, unless he stays in a locked down unknown bunker from now until election day.
Oh I don't know I think it's 100% possible to keep Trump safe. Both incidents seem to me to be cases of the SS NOT doing their job. The first time they didn't secure a large enough perimeter and should have been very clear that the rooftops were a problem.. making the secure area larger would have easily prevented the shooter from getting close enough without going through the metal detectors. This incident seems to me that a perimeter check wasn't done because the shooter was camped out in the bushes for 12 hours. He didn't arrive in a hurry and sneak up there last minute, he was laying there with his gun and his bag of food for 12 hours with a car parked near by with a stolen plate on it. This is a golf course that Trump plays at often so securing it, even last minute should be super easy for the SS... it isn't like they have to figure out how to do it on short notice, they should already have a plan for this location since he would have played there likely during his presidency and in the years since. It should be something they can do without much notice. Just my thoughts on it. I've seen photos of Trump on a golf cart that could have been taken from a similar location as to where the shooter was.. it's a known location that could provide access for someone wanting photos or in this case to take a shot.. why wasn't it secured or even walked past with a dog?

Sitting Presidents have visited war zones.. Presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump all went to both Afghanistan and Iraq during their time in office. Johnson and Nixon both went to Vietnam during that war.

What I wonder is if he’s a resident of Hawaii how is he voting in NC.
He might not have been registered in Hawaii
What I wonder is if he’s a resident of Hawaii how is he voting in NC.
Looking up his voting info in NC, and he registered there in 2012. He most recently voted in the General Election Primary in March of this year. Prior to that, he voted in NC in 2008, 2009, and 2012. I can't access his voting record info in Hawaii due to them requiring DL and SS info, but I'm thinking that maybe he just didn't register while he lived there. Would be interesting to find out for sure.
IMO.

Reactions: ?!?
My money is on North Carolina, as that's where his roots are. A lot of unanswered questions here:

How long was he in the area?
How did he know Trump was golfing that day?
Had he scouted that spot before (I think he did)?
Where and when did he obtain that rifle?
What do his devices say about when he first began exploring doing this?
Was he legally allowed to possess a firearm, and if so, why was he allowed to possess one after those previous gun charges?
IMO he had the gun illegally. He probably traded for it. IIRC, it was an older rifle that maybe someone wanted to trade or sell. With his record he couldn't pass the background check.

I can walk in to the local gun store and leave with an AR 15 about an hour or so later . Then as of 5 yrs ago and I don't think this has changed they shred the application.

MOO

The Governor of Florida issued an Executive Order today launching a state investigation into the second assassination attempt on President Trump.

Here is a link to the Executive Order. Sounds like the State of Florida is likely to charge RR with attempted murder. So RR will likely face both federal and state charges, I doubt he is going to be out any time soon.

He might not have been registered in Hawaii

Looking up his voting info in NC, and he registered there in 2012. He most recently voted in the General Election Primary in March of this year. Prior to that, he voted in NC in 2008, 2009, and 2012. I can't access his voting record info in Hawaii due to them requiring DL and SS info, but I'm thinking that maybe he just didn't register while he lived there. Would be interesting to find out for sure.
IMO.
In our state there is a residency requirement to vote and with a specified time period for the residency before you can vote. So this guy might also have also been illegally voting in NC or Hawaii. Also, you can't have a valid driver's license from two states. There is a lot to unravel here for the various agencies that are investigating this guy. Also, what ID did he use to fly from Hawaii to the mainland? Seems like there were a lot of flights. Do you have to have the REAL ID now to fly within the U.S.? I know the deadline has been extended a few times. We got ours a few years ago, so don't know if it's still being extended or not.

Oran Routh said he was unaware his father was even in Florida, and assumed he was in Hawaii when the two spoke recently.
“He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii,” he reportedly said. “I didn’t ask him for more information because we’ve had a falling out. We’ve grown apart.”

Oran Routh said he was unaware his father was even in Florida, and assumed he was in Hawaii when the two spoke recently.
“He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii,” he reportedly said. “I didn’t ask him for more information because we’ve had a falling out. We’ve grown apart.”

I wonder if there is another son who lives near RR in Hawaii, because when RR gave his financial status to the Court on Monday, he said something about sometimes supporting his 25-year old son, IIRC. Sounds like this son, quoted above, lives in NC and isn't on good terms with RR.

Back in July, I said that a president who runs again for the presidency after losing an election is an anomaly. There's only one other past president who ran a second time and succeeded, Grover Cleveland in 1892. That century-plus is light years away from 2024 from a security standpoint. The minute Trump threw his hat in the ring for another round, the security around him should have been beefed up from the accepted norm for a prior president. The problem with that premise is that Trump was stumping since January 20, 2020. I can't even imagine how much money he costs the US.

However, the fact remains that the minute someone runs for the presidency and becomes the viable nominee, security is beefed up. According to the rules, that security is beefed up even more if the threat dynamic of the nominee is considered "out there" (that is not my terminology, btw). Candidates who have been given that descriptor are Obama, Trump, Sanders and Carson. We can all figure out why each of those candidates were deemed requiring extra security details.

The minute Crooks attempted to assassinate Trump was when the threat dynamic plan should have been put on steroids. The problem is you will never get 100 percent safety without it impacting the population on a daily basis when Trump lives his life like he isn't running for president. Back in 2017, four visits Trump made to Mar A Lago cost the government $13.6 million dollars. That's not including any trips to golf courses he owns, etc. If anyone running for president is told, not advised, that they can no longer drive and accept that restriction, from a freedom and safety perspective, then I don't understand why Trump cannot agree to play golf in areas that are much easier to protect him. The logistics of protecting a former president are hard enough without a client who seems to have no idea or doesn't care what the cost of his life and safety entails. I hope we don't have suicides of SS members because of being publicly maligned by individuals who have no idea what the psychological cost can be.

Lihttps://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presidential-candidate-secret-service-protection-factors-analysis/story?id=62513154nk:

In our state there is a residency requirement to vote and with a specified time period for the residency before you can vote. So this guy might also have also been illegally voting in NC or Hawaii. Also, you can't have a valid driver's license from two states. There is a lot to unravel here for the various agencies that are investigating this guy. Also, what ID did he use to fly from Hawaii to the mainland? Seems like there were a lot of flights. Do you have to have the REAL ID now to fly within the U.S.? I know the deadline has been extended a few times. We got ours a few years ago, so don't know if it's still being extended or not.
I will say that if he was politically motivated.. seems more like mental illness to me.. but there is a political component it seems also.. then I'd say he possibly wanted to vote in NC because they have went R in the last few elections and Hawaii is at no risk of going R in the forseeable future in my opinion. I don't know the legal requirements if you have 2 residences.. did he have a house or address in NC he could use to stay registered to vote there?

Another thought is maybe he didn't update his address or switch it yet for voting?

I just thought if he was going off the deep end, then maybe he didn't care about what was the correct thing for him to do as far as voting goes?

Also if he is a convicted felon, was he even legally able to vote?

I will say that if he was politically motivated.. seems more like mental illness to me.. but there is a political component it seems also.. then I'd say he possibly wanted to vote in NC because they have went R in the last few elections and Hawaii is at no risk of going R in the forseeable future in my opinion. I don't know the legal requirements if you have 2 residences.. did he have a house or address in NC he could use to stay registered to vote there?

Another thought is maybe he didn't update his address or switch it yet for voting?

I just thought if he was going off the deep end, then maybe he didn't care about what was the correct thing for him to do as far as voting goes?

Yes, he can vote as long as not incarcerated, that's my understanding from earlier posts on this thread.

Yes, he can vote as long as not incarcerated, that's my understanding from earlier posts on this thread.
I missed the discussion on that! Thanks for letting me know.

I have moved many many times, but due to being a military family, we keep our home state as our state of residence and we vote absentee that way so I've never had to transfer or switch and I don't know the laws on this. I guess he won't have to worry about it now though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happy.af.wtf
Back