FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad the person's in custody and not out on the run.

We don't need another manhunt for an armed and dangerous person like the I-75 shooter, J. Couch.
Omo.

The tiles were evidently 6X.

My guess is that he had watched too many action hero movies and was using Home Depot ceramic tiles to even out the ground and then fire from some sort of bipod.

Thank goodness that this attempt rings "amateur hour" as well.

Last edited:
Me neither. I googled it and it says that ceramic tiles has excellent ballistic properties, so the two backpacks then made sense to me. It’s entirely possible they actually worked.
I would guess they would just shatter. Seems like they would be very heavy so I'm guessing that's why he dropped them - so he could run away.

jmo

Glad the person's in custody and not out on the run.

We don't need another manhunt for an armed and dangerous person like the I-75 shooter, J. Couch.
Omo.
I'm very grateful the perp is in custody too and nobody was hurt in the process. LE coordination, communication, and swift action to be commended.

jmo

Me neither. I googled it and it says that ceramic tiles has excellent ballistic properties, so the two backpacks then made sense to me. It’s entirely possible they actually worked.
Yep, I prep and have ceramic tiles in my backpacks! Much lighter than steel and much lower chance of creating shrapnel. IMO MMO

I would guess they would just shatter. Seems like they would be very heavy so I'm guessing that's why he dropped them - so he could run away.

jmo
If you look at the image they released, he has them hooked onto the fence. The fence isn’t going to protect you from counter fire, but those bags certainly would. That go pro next to them could prove helpful. This guy was going to kill Trump and maybe even broadcast it live.

I think it depends on the type of ceramic. M-1 tanks use ceramic armor, so do high end bullet proof vests. But.... ceramic tiles from Home Depot may well just shatter.

If you look at the image they released, he has them hooked onto the fence. The fence isn’t going to protect you from counter fire, but those bags certainly would. That go pro next to them could prove helpful. This guy was going to kill Trump and maybe even broadcast it live.

So he was using the backpacks as a bullet-proof cover to hide behind? Still looks like he left himself open to getting hit. I was picturing him wearing the backpacks - one on his back and one on front - and then taking them off before running, but I doubt he'd take the time to hang them up if he did that!

At this first glance, it seems he put thought into what he was doing, but it all was clumsy and (thankfully) didn't work. Doesn't seem like a slick operator. I realize it's still early and we'll learn more as we go along.

jmo

So he was using the backpacks as a bullet-proof cover to hide behind? Still looks like he left himself open to getting hit. I was picturing him wearing the backpacks - one on his back and one on front - and then taking them off before running, but I doubt he'd take the time to hang them up if he did that!

At this first glance, it seems he put thought into what he was doing, but it all was clumsy and (thankfully) didn't work. Doesn't seem like a slick operator. I realize it's still early and we'll learn more as we go along.

jmo
Unless he camouflaged the front of those bags, they’d stick out amongst the leaves. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the agents were looking at when they saw the rifle.

CNN says shooter likely intended to engage secret service directly, and the bags were part of his firing position.

jmo

RBBM

I'll state again - I'm very glad Trump wasn't hurt.

The ceramic tile portion of this strikes me as beyond bizarre.

JMVHO.

Unless he camouflaged the front of those bags, they’d stick out amongst the leaves. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the agents were looking at when they saw the rifle.

CNN says shooter likely intended to engage secret service directly, and the bags were part of his firing position.
I'm curious if cameras are posted along the fence/hedge. Did anyone in the security office see the perp walking into the hedge while monitoring video in real-time??

I know Secret Service spotted him, but I'm wondering if golf-course security did as well?

jmo

I'm curious if cameras are posted along the fence/hedge. Did anyone in the security office see the perp walking into the hedge while monitoring video in real-time??

I know Secret Service spotted him, but I'm wondering if golf-course security did as well?

jmo
I highly doubt it. That course is absolutely massive, and I just don’t see cameras being utilized.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulani03
Back