FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was editing my post as you were posting! I had similar thoughts! A rifle with scope is very different than a handgun from a moving patrol of agents looking for potential threats.
I think you're saying that the Secret Service observed the suspect pointing a rifle and fired at him with pistols from beyond their effective range. And that's why they didn't hit the suspect. JMO.

If I'm wrong lets us know.

I mean, I get the praise that the Secret Service is currently receiving; but the fact that an individual with a scoped rifle and a direct line of sight got within 500 yards to one of the most controversial and protected figures on this planet is no slam dunk.
It happened on Trump's private golf course. It is only protected by a chain link fence and it's right in the middle of a residential area and also next to the sheriff's department and the county jail.

Anyone can just walk up and cut the fencing. The streets cannot be shut down because people live there and law enforcement needs access.

Secret Service has long complained about not be able to secure the site.

The only way to secure it would be to build a high wall.

If you look at the image they released, he has them hooked onto the fence. The fence isn’t going to protect you from counter fire, but those bags certainly would. That go pro next to them could prove helpful. This guy was going to kill Trump and maybe even broadcast it live.

Yes, appears so. Trump posts 0-2. So idiotic

EXCLUSIVE Son of alleged would-be assassin says his dad hates Trump like 'all reasonable people' but he's never owned a gun and wouldn't do anything bats*** crazy​

Wesley's son, Oran Routh, reached by DailyMail.com shortly after Sunday's shooting, said this was the first he'd heard of the alleged assassination attempt.

'This was the first I heard about it,' the 35-year-old exclusively told DailyMail.com. 'Was my father shot or injured?'

He said his father hates Trump as 'every reasonable person does.

‘I don't like Trump either,’ the son added.

But he said his dad is not a violent person and couldn't believe his father would target the president.
'He's my dad and all he's had is couple traffic tickets, as far as I know,' the son said. 'That's crazy. I know my dad and love my dad, but that's nothing like him.'

Well, there's this:

Routh, 58, has an extensive criminal history in North Carolina that includes convictions between 2002 and 2010 of felony possession of weapons of mass destruction and possession of stolen goods and misdemeanors carrying a concealed gun, hit and run and resisting law enforcement, among other charges.

Read more at: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/politics-government/article292532509.html#storylink=cpy

It happened on Trump's private golf course. It is only protected by a chain link fence and it's right in the middle of a residential area and also next to the sheriff's department and the county jail.

Anyone can just walk up and cut the fencing. The streets cannot be shut down because people live there and law enforcement needs access.

Secret Service has long complained about not be able to secure the site.

The only way to secure it would be to build a high wall.
I say let as much law enforcement as possible into that area and restrict access to people who live there. Then patrol the fence line with as many agents and officers as needed.

I tired of hearing about Secret Service complaints. They need to do their job. JMO.

Just going through his tweets:

Tweets a Senator to ask to borrow some Patriots missile defense systems; says he will learn how to operate them.

Tweets Seth Rogan to ask if he and James Franco will go to North Korea to make peace ( if I recall, those two made a comedy about North Korea).

Asks Elton John to collaborate on a song to rally Ukrainian support.

Asks Sean Penn to help him procure 29 fighter jets from Poland to give to Ukraine. In a later tweet he talks about flying them and hitting "every place Putin sleeps."

On CNN, they're discussing how the guy knew Trump would be there playing golf. It seems very unlikely he would know that. Was it just happenstance? He was just hanging around Trump's golf course at the time Trump happened to be playing golf?
Not hard. His schedule is fairly routine. It's his Sunday routine when he's at home.

Just going through his tweets:

Tweets a Senator to ask to borrow some Patriots missile defense systems; says he will learn how to operate them.

Tweets Seth Rogan to ask if he and James Franco will go to North Korea to make peace ( if I recall, those two made a comedy about North Korea).

Asks Elton John to collaborate on a song to rally Ukrainian support.

Asks Sean Penn to help him procure 29 fighter jets from Poland to give to Ukraine. In a later tweet he talks about flying them and hitting "every place Putin sleeps."
He's nuts!!!!

Has there been any known confirmation from LE that Routh had any ammunition in the gun or with him? So far I've only seen the "recovered an AK-47," but nothing about rounds of ammunition like LE usually mentions. Wonder if he got off easier with his earlier "fully automatic weapon" charge if it had no ammo.

South Park said it best, every 4 years we're forced to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, and it all stays *advertiser censored***d in the same ways by different degrees, and we're exhausted and embarrassed by it all.'

(MG’s post above quoting RR’s son)

IMO this is an inappropriate response to discovering that your father was setting up to kill a former president/current candidate.

Perhaps no surprise when he takes his life philosophy from South Park.

Last edited:
Has there been any known confirmation from LE that Routh had any ammunition in the gun or with him? So far I've only seen the "recovered an AK-47," but nothing about rounds of ammunition like LE usually mentions. Wonder if he got off easier with his earlier "fully automatic weapon" charge if it had no ammo.
I think we would have heard by now if that was the case, and the photo of the weapon did show that a magazine was inserted.

Based on the fact that the FBI is investigating this as an assassination attempt, I’ve got to believe that rifle was in fact loaded.

MSM is not picking this up with as an assassination attempt just yet.

"Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, confirmed that a shooting took place “on the grounds” of the Trump International Golf Course West Palm Beach while Mr. Trump was present .... “The intent right now is unknown,” Ms. Barbera added."
The intent is unknown? Yeah, sure! SMH

Yes, understandable. The shooter didn't live in FL, though. He lived in Hawaii. They're wondering if he came to FL to look for Trump or if he just happened to be in town and saw that he was playing at that golf course. Trump owns a couple of golf courses (or has his name on them) in that area.

As you imply, perhaps it was just a random thing and the guy happened to be driving around with the AK47 and ammo and the scope, etc.
This was planned for quite awhile.
He votes in NC.

He was likely renting a place in FL..JMO

The suspected gunman, arrested Sunday in Florida after his assassination attempt on former Republican President Donald Trump was foiled by the U.S. Secret Service, has been identified as 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh

Screenshots available of Routh’s social media accounts indicate that he was a supporter of Trump in 2016 who had become alienated from the Republicans prior to the 2020 election.

image-37.png

More recently, Routh appears to have become obsessed with the ongoing Russia-Ukraine War. One 2022 post even indicates that Routh traveled to Kyiv as part of an attempt to recruit foreign nationals to help defend Ukraine.

image-38.png

For the curious, I found the following tactical vest and plates online:

Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tactical+vest+plates+level+5+bulletproof&crid=2CSE6II73LK15&sprefix=tactical+vest+plates,aps,364&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_20

Apparently, there are different levels of bulletproof plates one can buy.

Interesting.

JMVHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper