FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ex-Secret Service agent warns of ‘copycat’ attacks​

Trump is at risk from further “copycat” attacks after a second apparent assassination attempt, Robert McDonald, a former Secret Service agent, said.
Mr McDonald, who supervised security for Joe Biden when he was vice-president, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “Copycat people are exactly who we are worried about.
They see now that over the last eight weeks that two people have got relatively close to the former president with high powered rifles and were able to potentially cause damage.
“The bigger concern now is, is somebody going to get a bit closer and do serious damage.”

But there's a key bit of detail we still don’t have: Whether or not the gunman fired.

Either at the Secret Service agents or Donald Trump, who police say was 300-500 yards away from the assailant.

They’ve said only that an agent or agents fired at the suspect: “We are not sure right now if the individual was able to take a shot at our agents, but for sure our agents were able to engage with the suspect," said Rafael Barros from the Secret Service Miami Field Office.

“He’s my dad and all he’s had is couple traffic tickets, as far as I know,” the son told the Daily Mail. “That’s crazy. I know my dad and love my dad, but that’s nothing like him.”

Looks like this suspect was feeling that a "monumental worthy cause to bring about real change in our world" was to kill a presidential candidate. JMO

I hope that the Secret Service can up their game and prevent anymore of these close calls that have recently happened.
They can't close the streets down around this particular golf course because it would block access to the sheriff's dept and jail. It also is in a residential area and many people would be prevented from leaving or entering their homes. It also has a credit union on the property. Additionally, the post office would need to be shut down, because it is across the street and so are the school district offices. There is also an elementary school that would need to be shut down.

Also, it's a block from Palm Beach International Airport and service to the airport would be disrupted.

He golfs there every week and it's his property. Yet, it only has a chain link fence surrounding it. Maybe he should build a wall around it. The SS are not miracle workers. A city, post office and schools cannot shut down for a weekly golf game. He could golf up at his property in northern palm beach county, which is secure and has a wall around it.

Last edited:
While I may not personally care for the man, the last thing this nation needs is him being assasinated, I do not want to see our communities even more divided. Of course, no one deserves to be murdered, but my concern is for my friends, family and community members who may see violence as the answer, and it never is.

Routh, a 58-year-old former roofer from North Carolina, is a fervent supporter of Ukraine and visited the country in the early months of the war. Last year, the New York Times interviewed him about his scheme. “In my opinion everyone should be there supporting the Ukrainians,” he told a reporter from the paper who has since said Routh’s “voice [was] urgent, exasperated and a little suspicious over the phone”. In one tweet, Routh wrote: “I AM WILLING TO FLY TO KRAKOW AND GO TO THE BORDER OF UKRAINE TO VOLUNTEER AND FIGHT AND DIE.”

Routh appears to have jointly authored and self-published an e-book on Amazon with Shaffer about “Ukraine's Unwinnable War” and the “Fatal Flaw of Democracy.” In the book, Routh laments about Ukraine not getting adequate support from world leaders and even asks “Why has Putin not been assassinated?” The book makes several mentions of Trump, and in a section about Iran, Routh writes he must take some blame for electing a president “that ended up being brainless” before addinEg: “You are free to assassinate Trump as well as me for that error in judgment and the dismantling of the deal.”

There have been more than 200 court cases involving RR for non-payment and other financial misdeeds, in North Carolina alone.
Not counting his criminal history.

He has an unhinged manner when he dramatically overdoes what initially sounds lofty, offering to help the needy everywhere, but ups the ante to bizarre. For example, “every civilian in the world” should be fighting in Ukraine.

Clearly in his real life, he has stiffed people he owes.

None of these ideals are real or he wouldn’t be a menace in his actual daily life.

All of this PRIOR to trying to shoot Trump.

A very dangerous dude.

IMO

He obviously does not think laws apply to him. I get the sense that he believes his “lofty” ideals give him permisssion to do whatever it takes to achieve them…even assassinating Trump. As you said, he is a very dangerous dude. And there are more like him on both sides. I fear for both candidates.
JMO

Living in hawaii comes to florida, has a long rifle and attempt’s to shot Trump.

Did he bring the gun with him? Buy it in Florida?
Strange
Legal as far as I know. His prior conviction would not prevent him from purchasing a firearm. I read his charges were downgraded to misdemeanors. He's a registered voter, and that means he can also purchase a firearm.

Last edited:
I mean, I get the praise that the Secret Service is currently receiving; but the fact that an individual with a scoped rifle and a direct line of sight got within 500 yards to one of the most controversial and protected figures on this planet is no slam dunk.
True. Plus, they shot at him and missed. Maybe his backpacks of tiles took the bullet(s), but that still means they missed. Still, it's better than last time.

He obviously does not think laws apply to him. I get the sense that he believes his “lofty” ideals give him permisssion to do whatever it takes to achieve them…even assassinating Trump. As you said, he is a very dangerous dude. And there are more like him on both sides. I fear for both candidates.
JMO

That idea, in general, seems more prevalent today than it was when I was growing up.

Could it be Gerald Ford?

There was the Squeaky Fromme attempt and also the Sara Jane Moore attempt. For some odd reason, he attracted female would-be assassins.
He attracted crazy would-be assassins. Well they're all crazy, but Ford attracted women from crazy groups. Crazy groups such as the Symbionese Liberation Army were all the rage.

They can't close the streets down around this particular golf course because it would block access to the sheriff's dept and jail. It also is in a residential area and many people would be prevented from leaving or entering their homes. It also has a credit union on the property. Additionally, the post office would need to be shut down, because it is across the street and so are the school district offices. There is also an elementary school that would need to be shut down.

Also, it's a block from Palm Beach International Airport and service to the airport would be disrupted.

He golfs there every week and it's his property. Yet, it only has a chain link fence surrounding it. Maybe he should build a wall around it. The SS are not miracle workers. A city, post office and schools cannot shut down for a weekly golf game. He could golf up at his property in northern palm beach county, which is secure and has a wall around it.
There's no reason to block any streets or shut down services. The Secret Service just needs to monitor who gets next to the golf course property when President Trump is there. No miracles needed. Just some good leadership.

With this second failure by the Secret Service in as many months you're probably right and he will not return to using this golf course. Perhaps that is a secondary goal of those who wish him harm. Keep him from doing rally's or any other outdoor activity's before the election. JMO.

There's no reason to block any streets or shut down services. The Secret Service just needs to monitor who gets next to the golf course property when President Trump is there. No miracles needed. Just some good leadership.

With this second failure by the Secret Service in as many months you're probably right and he will not return to using this golf course. Perhaps that is a secondary goal of those who wish him harm. Keep him from doing rally's or any other outdoor activity's before the election. JMO.
Nope...The property can be accessed by just about anyone. It's covered with vegetation and a chain link fence. There is not much of a buffer zone at all. It's not much more secure than our local municipal courses. They can't control who comes or goes either.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-09-16 - 05-15-50.png

Screenshot Capture - 2024-09-16 - 05-19-26.png

Compare to:

Neighborhoods below are gated, so access to the neighborhood is already controlled. Population density is low. Suspicious people are easy to spot. But when the gulf course is next to the jail, you're gonna get alot of suspicious looking people in the area.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-09-16 - 05-21-06.png

Last edited:
Moo...just wondering of the legal phase. Since he did not shoot. ..moo
Don’t know. He had the means, motive and opportunity to kill the former President. He should be locked up. Maybe a mental hospital.
He even had a rap sheet although it’s “minor” offenses. If you are a law abiding citizen why 8 offenses period?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pecosita13
Back