FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nope...The property can be accessed by just about anyone. It's covered with vegetation and a chain link fence. There is not much of a buffer zone at all. It's not much more secure than our local municipal courses. They can't control who comes or goes either.

View attachment 531588

View attachment 531589

Compare to:

Neighborhoods below are gated, so access to the neighborhood is already controlled. Population density is low. Suspicious people are easy to spot. But when the gulf course is next to the jail, you're gonna get alot of suspicious looking people in the area.

View attachment 531590
The neighborhood is gated, not the back of the golf course, which is 5 miles from Mar-a-Lago.

He could have, but that would be pointless. He wasn't trying to commit a mass casualty attack; he was trying to kill Trump. As soon as he was spotted his plan went to hell. I think we would have heard if Secret Service agents believed they were fired upon.
It was said by a former USSS agent that IF he had gotten a shot, it would have killed the President. He was that close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know who was responsible for that decision? Usually, it's the family, but I don't know in this case. I'd still think the family??
A few posts ago, it was breaking news that the States Attorney General said the case would be turned over to the Feds.
I am very disappointed in Ron DeSantis. He could have kept it long enough for DNA and interrogation by the State.

PA turned it over to the Feds and I saw Congressional hearings. Maybe you all did too. We see how that turned out.

There has been a lot of mention about how a golf course like this needs to be made defensible by the property owners.

I respectfully disagree. The duty of defense of a Secret Service Protectee falls squarely upon the Secret Service. The buck stops with them.

Greensboro neighbor describes man accused of attempting Trump assassination, says ‘a lot of people were afraid of him’

From the link in quoted post:

"The neighbor said she wasn’t surprised to hear about guns being involved. She claims to have seen guns in Routh’s home over the years."

Seems he also believed covid conspiracy theories, according to the neighbor.

I stand by my assessment that the guy live in a make-believe world where he is the hero of absolutely everything....and he had a gun. Dangerous combo.

jmo

I was put in touch with Mr. Routh through an old colleague and friend from Kabul, Najim Rahim. Through the strange nexus of combatants as one war ended and another began, he had learned of Mr. Routh from a source of his in Iran, a former Afghan special operations soldier who was trying to get out of Iran and fight in Ukraine.

My conversation with Mr. Routh was brief. He was in Washington, D.C., he said, and had planned for a two-hour meeting with some congressmen about Ukraine. (It’s unclear if that meeting ever happened.)
By the time I got off the phone with Mr. Routh some minutes later, it was clear he was in way over his head.

He talked of buying off corrupt officials, forging passports and doing whatever it took to get his Afghan cadre to Ukraine, but he had no real way to accomplish his goals. At one point he mentioned arranging a U.S. military transport flight from Iraq to Poland with Afghan refugees willing to fight.

Oh, what a relief!! The windows on his house are open. I will sleep better tonight knowing that his carbon footprint was not enlarged by the use of an evil air conditioning unit! Well, my, my, my! Dare we dream that his future domicile will be climate controlled in a similar fashion?
lol

It's very common in Hawaii to not have central air or air conditioners. There is a decent breeze almost daily so especially those that are near the ocean tend to not have central air and they open windows and let the breeze flow through the house. Electricity is very expensive too. I lived in Hawaii for a couple years. Such a beautiful place with beautiful people. :)

Routh moved to Hawaii a few years back and was living with his longtime girlfriend. He said he didn't know his father was even in Florida.

'He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii,' he said. 'I didn't ask him for more information because we've had a falling out. We've grown apart.'

He wouldn't explain the nature of their 'falling out,' but still spoke highly of his father.

'He's not a violent person,' he said. 'He's a hard worker and a great dad. He's a great dude, a nice guy and has worked his whole *advertiser censored*king life.'

Asked whether his father owned a gun, he replied, 'Not that I know of.

….

A woman who lived next door to Routh in Greensboro spoke to Nexstar’s WGHP on the condition of anonymity. She said she has known Routh for nearly two decades.

The neighbor said she wasn’t surprised to hear about guns being involved. She claims to have seen guns in Routh’s home over the years.

“I’ve seen the guns myself and all, and, yeah, they had a lot of guns and stuff over there, and, yeah, a lot of people were afraid of him back in the day,” she said.

So which is it, no guns from son that had falling out or neighbor of almost 20 years that saw the guns.?

A photo of the moment 58-year-old Ryan Routh was detained by police in Florida, after allegedly being caught with a rifle on a golf course where former President Donald Trump was playing has been released.
The Martin County Sheriff’s Office shared the image with CNN on Monday.

Acting US Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe plans to remain in Florida “indefinitely” as the investigation into an apparent second assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump plays out, according to USSS spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi.

Rowe will also meet with local law enforcement today and then do a walk through of the golf course this afternoon, Guglielmi told CNN on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_2969.jpeg
    IMG_2969.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 4
Routh moved to Hawaii a few years back and was living with his longtime girlfriend. He said he didn't know his father was even in Florida.

'He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii,' he said. 'I didn't ask him for more information because we've had a falling out. We've grown apart.'

He wouldn't explain the nature of their 'falling out,' but still spoke highly of his father.

'He's not a violent person,' he said. 'He's a hard worker and a great dad. He's a great dude, a nice guy and has worked his whole *advertiser censored*king life.'

Asked whether his father owned a gun, he replied, 'Not that I know of.

….

A woman who lived next door to Routh in Greensboro spoke to Nexstar’s WGHP on the condition of anonymity. She said she has known Routh for nearly two decades.

The neighbor said she wasn’t surprised to hear about guns being involved. She claims to have seen guns in Routh’s home over the years.

“I’ve seen the guns myself and all, and, yeah, they had a lot of guns and stuff over there, and, yeah, a lot of people were afraid of him back in the day,” she said.

So which is it, no guns from son that had falling out or neighbor of almost 20 years that saw the guns.?
He obviously had a gun. The son is not a good source of info, imo.

jmo

Last edited:
They can't close the streets down around this particular golf course because it would block access to the sheriff's dept and jail. It also is in a residential area and many people would be prevented from leaving or entering their homes. It also has a credit union on the property. Additionally, the post office would need to be shut down, because it is across the street and so are the school district offices. There is also an elementary school that would need to be shut down.

Also, it's a block from Palm Beach International Airport and service to the airport would be disrupted.

He golfs there every week and it's his property. Yet, it only has a chain link fence surrounding it. Maybe he should build a wall around it. The SS are not miracle workers. A city, post office and schools cannot shut down for a weekly golf game. He could golf up at his property in northern palm beach county, which is secure and has a wall around it.
This is the elephant in the room. Trump is particularly difficult to secure. <modsnip - off topic> It's a nightmare for the secret service and then they take all the blame if they can't work miracles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a.james.thornton
Back