FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Routh moved to Hawaii a few years back and was living with his longtime girlfriend. He said he didn't know his father was even in Florida.

'He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii,' he said. 'I didn't ask him for more information because we've had a falling out. We've grown apart.'

He wouldn't explain the nature of their 'falling out,' but still spoke highly of his father.

'He's not a violent person,' he said. 'He's a hard worker and a great dad. He's a great dude, a nice guy and has worked his whole *advertiser censored*king life.'

Asked whether his father owned a gun, he replied, 'Not that I know of.

….

A woman who lived next door to Routh in Greensboro spoke to Nexstar’s WGHP on the condition of anonymity. She said she has known Routh for nearly two decades.

The neighbor said she wasn’t surprised to hear about guns being involved. She claims to have seen guns in Routh’s home over the years.

“I’ve seen the guns myself and all, and, yeah, they had a lot of guns and stuff over there, and, yeah, a lot of people were afraid of him back in the day,” she said.

So which is it, no guns from son that had falling out or neighbor of almost 20 years that saw the guns.?
How do you bring an ak47 on a plane? Even if unloaded and in a carrier, can you actually do that on a passenger plane?

How do you bring an ak47 on a plane? Even if unloaded and in a carrier, can you actually do that on a passenger plane?

Most airliners allow firearms to be stowed away in checked luggage in a locked container or with a locking mechanism. Checked luggage - meaning luggage handed over to airline staff to be stowed in the plane's cargo bay, which cannot be accessed by ticket holders during a flight.

Easy to purchase one (the semi-auto) in Florida. I have family members who purchased them there. IMO.
ETA: Meaning that he didn't need to fly with the gun.

Last edited:
There's no reason to block any streets or shut down services. The Secret Service just needs to monitor who gets next to the golf course property when President Trump is there. No miracles needed. Just some good leadership.

With this second failure by the Secret Service in as many months you're probably right and he will not return to using this golf course. Perhaps that is a secondary goal of those who wish him harm. Keep him from doing rally's or any other outdoor activity's before the election. JMO.
I understand your view, but I don’t think this could be classified as a failure. NOT getting a shot off toward the former president seems like the SS did their job. Imo

State voting records show him casting ballots in general and municipal elections going back many cycles, including 2008 and 2012 − though not in 2016, when Trump first ran.

The same records show Routh voted most recently in the March primary election this year in Guilford County, North Carolina. A registered Democrat, he voted in person.

His neighbors say they are shocked because Routh and his wife Kathleen, whose name the Kamehameha Highway house is under, are friendly and nice. The two neighbors who spoke to the news say they would never have guessed this man would be capable of doing something like that.

Did he take his guns to hawaii or leave them in NC. Somewhere, he voted in NC maybe he voted in Hawaii as well.

Jmo

Listening now to radio news. A guy called with a question I have. How did the perp know when Pres Trump would be on the golf course? Trump said it was a last minute decision to play at that time. Trump had a donor visiting from NY. Does Trump have a mole in his organization?
I doubt it. The would-be shooter seems like he has grandiose connections in his mind, but they are not reality.

I think many people are going to spin conspiracy theories, though, because a delusional lone person with a gun doesn't scare enough people. imo

jmopinion

There have been more than 200 court cases involving RR for non-payment and other financial misdeeds, in North Carolina alone.
Not counting his criminal history.

He has an unhinged manner when he dramatically overdoes what initially sounds lofty, offering to help the needy everywhere, but ups the ante to bizarre. For example, “every civilian in the world” should be fighting in Ukraine.

Clearly in his real life, he has stiffed people he owes.

None of these ideals are real or he wouldn’t be a menace in his actual daily life.

All of this PRIOR to trying to shoot Trump.

A very dangerous dude.

IMO
Wow, this article about his financial dealings (in both NC and Hawaii) is very revealing. No idealism with this guy when it comes to money, apparently.

A person that RR took money from to build a kind of tiny house structure lost his money because RR refused to return it to him but never built the structure. The customer decided to let it go and cut his losses, due to fear that RR would harm him and his family if he persisted in trying to get his money back. The customer in Hawaii clearly perceived that RR could be dangerous.

Last edited:
Easy to purchase one (the semi-auto) in Florida. I have family members who purchased them there. IMO.
ETA: Meaning that he didn't need to fly with the gun.

His declared residence is in NC; we can tell this via where he is registered to vote.

Federal law stipulates that you can only buy a firearm in the State in which you reside.

This means that the firearm (if purchased legally) likely came from NC. Only Routh, with proper State ID can physically pick up the firearm in person.

I understand your view, but I don’t think this could be classified as a failure. NOT getting a shot off toward the former president seems like the SS did their job. Imo
This is my opinion only : Just the fact that Routh was able to get as close as he did, and well-armed, was not worthy of praise.
The shot was doable, but the secret service saw the barrel of the gun in time, or at least detected movement ?

The secret service could have secured the fence area that day and at that time !
Esp. the one are where it was the best position for a clear shot.
Obviously they don't need to guard it if some random people are golfing.
But after the near miss in Butler, PA-- the secret service need to intensify their vigilance, imo.

Even though the SS need to guard the presidential candidate closely -- aka standing and walking with and near him -- they could have placed temporary cameras, or had an LE to sit in a car or walk outside the fence area, to monitor someone walking up to the fence.
That fence was not secure as in anyone could potentially do this again.
Omo.

They again let a shooter get too close. If this continues eventually an assassin will succeed. JMO.
Bbm.
Ditto.
I was typing and saw your post.
Spot on.

His declared residence is in NC; we can tell this via where he is registered to vote.

Federal law stipulates that you can only buy a firearm in the State in which you reside.

This means that the firearm (if purchased legally) likely came from NC. Only Routh, with proper State ID can physically pick up the firearm in person.
I don't know much about guns, but it seems there's a difference between handgun and long gun purchases. I should probably research more! IMO.:

• Must be a Florida resident to purchase a handgun. Long guns may be purchased by persons who are residents of other states so long as the sale complies with applicable laws in the purchaser’s state of residence.

From the article -

In 2019 Routh and two others were allegedly squatting on property in Kaaawa when the property owner called to have them removed.

It's been reported from multiple MSM sources that RR moved to Hawaii in 2018. And he was arrested in Hawaii in 2019 for squatting.

Brian Entin Sep 15, 2024 reporting on X:

A man with an AK-style rifle pushed the firearm's muzzle through the perimeter of Donald Trump's West Palm Beach, Florida golf course as Trump was playing a round, prompting U.S. Secret Service to open fire, AP says. The former president is safe and unharmed.

FBI statement obtained by NewsNation: "The FBI has responded to West Palm Beach Florida and is investigating what appears to be an attempted assassination of former President Trump."

Secret Service presser now on @NewsNation and I’m live outside the crime scene at the Trump Golf Club,

Former President Trump was 300-500 yards from the alleged assassin who had an AK-47 pointed through the fence of his golf club, law enforcement says.

Police say this is the gunman’s AK-47 along the fence line of the Trump golf course.

1726498486853.png1726498500902.png

Law enforcement source tells me the alleged assassin is Ryan Wesley Routh.

I'm surprised that the house where RR lived in Hawaii was only visited by investigators this morning, I would think that LE would have swarmed the house yesterday afternoon immediately after he was arrested.

Trump's game was not publicly known about as it
was a last-minute decision and his schedule is not provided to the press, sparking curiosity as to how Routh knew Trump would be on the greens.
Caputo adds that local law enforcement are asking the same question, with no real theories yet.

Rbm.

Looked around for other links to articles about this and haven't found much.
Omo.

Eta .
Found this :

His campaign had not announced any public plans for Trump on Sunday.
The Palm Beach County sheriff said the entire golf course would have been lined with law enforcement if Trump were the president, but because he is not, “security is limited to the areas that the Secret Service deems possible.”“I would imagine that the next time he comes to the golf course, there will probably be a little more people around the perimeter,” Bradshaw said.
Rbm

With all due respect to Sheriff Bradshaw, this is a former potus that was already targeted once.
Feels like an excuse.

But in all fairness, this is prob. just protocol, and how business is always conducted !

Speculation only : There seems to be a simmering tension and IMO more vigilance needed right now.
Omo

Last edited:
I don't know much about guns, but it seems there's a difference between handgun and long gun purchases. I should probably research more! IMO.:

• Must be a Florida resident to purchase a handgun. Long guns may be purchased by persons who are residents of other states so long as the sale complies with applicable laws in the purchaser’s state of residence.

The only way that you can legally purchase a firearm from outside the State that you reside, is if the dealer (FFL) ships the firearm to another FFL that is within your State of Residency. The FFL in your State would then go through all the necessary background checks and State laws before the firearm is handed over.

Here is a page from the ATF outlining this Federal Law :

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a.james.thornton
Back