FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand your view, but I don’t think this could be classified as a failure. NOT getting a shot off toward the former president seems like the SS did their job. Imo

They again let a shooter get too close. If this continues eventually an assassin will succeed. JMO.
IMO this was NOT a failure by the Secret Service.

Trump’s golf course, as all the news has repeatedly said, backs up to major public streets abutting the fence surrounding the course.

People live around there, people work around there, the streets are major arteries for traffic.

Trump chose that area for his golf course when he was still a famous and rich citizen, but not a politician requiring SS. It’s not secluded like Mar-a-Lago.

IMO with that golf course being Trump’s private property, with an ordinary fence and bushes surrounding it, it is Trump’s burden to harden the physical perimeter when he plays there. Particularly as paying guests are allowed in while he’s there.

IMO the SS protected him and did in fact spot the rifle barrel through the bushes.

Many years ago in Palm Beach, driving around we passed right next to Mar-a-Lago but again he was just another wealthy and famous resident at the time, no SS.

Those Royal Palms bordering the golf course are gorgeous and also line the bridge between Palm Beach and ordinary West Palm Beach, but they are not protective (maybe they’d stop a car trying to crash in) and offer a good place to hide.

I may be in the wrong but I truly don’t see how the SS can protect him more diligently on his own property that he hasn’t upgraded with better fencing.

It seems very un-Trump to have his luxury golf course neighboring a jail.

JMO

ETA: I know Trump is a target for assassins, but he’s still not a sitting president.
I’ve often mentioned that here in NYC, every time a president is in town, frozen zones go into effect which do indeed prevent people from being anywhere in the president’s path. Streets are blocked off in a wide perimeter for blocks and blocks. I missed a doctor’s appointment once when Obama went to see a Broadway play and the streets were immobilized.
Yet it’s still my opinion that the burden of reconfiguring the fencing at his golf course falls on the owner, Trump.

Last edited:

Trump's game was not publicly known about as it
was a last-minute decision and his schedule is not provided to the press, sparking curiosity as to how Routh knew Trump would be on the greens.
Caputo adds that local law enforcement are asking the same question, with no real theories yet.

Rbm.

Looked around for other links to articles about this and haven't found much.
Omo.

Maybe he didn’t know.

From the looks of his shirt makes me wonder how long he was there.

IMO, if this guy wasn't on the FBI or DHS 'watch list' I will be surprised. According to his SM posts, he has contacted US leaders as well as foreign leaders...or attempted to. He's clearly been unstable for some time. He's got a substantial criminal record. He's flown to the Ukraine for cryin out loud! Begging for military assistance ! Wishing to recruit fighters. He's been interviewed by the NYT. Questionable threats were made.

So, (if we will ever learn the truth ) ...who exactly has been watching him? And, watching him doing what?

The suspected gunman's son, Adam, reached by Reuters at the hardware store where he works in Hawaii, said he had not yet heard of the newest Trump assassination attempt and had "no information," adding it was not something he believed his father would do.
Later, the reporter called back and a colleague said Adam
had gone home because of an emergency.
Rbm.

It somewhat sounds as if Routh is estranged from his adult children ?
He has done them no favors at all with his acts of lunacy.
The acts of criminals impacts their families as well.
Omo.

IMO, if this guy wasn't on the FBI or DHS 'watch list' I will be surprised. According to his SM posts, he has contacted US leaders as well as foreign leaders...or attempted to. He's clearly been unstable for some time. He's got a substantial criminal record. He's flown to the Ukraine for cryin out loud! Begging for military assistance ! Wishing to recruit fighters. He's been interviewed by the NYT. Questionable threats were made.

So, (if we will ever learn the truth ) ...who exactly has been watching him? And, watching him doing what?
BBM - There certainly is a lot of information circulating about this guy, literally minutes after event and arrest, yet, here we are months from the first assassination attempt in Butler and so many questions about Thomas Crooks. Hopefully the fact that RR is in custody will lead to more info and answers! Crooks may forever be a mystery.

Wow, this article about his financial dealings (in both NC and Hawaii) is very revealing. No idealism with this guy when it comes to money, apparently.

A person that RR took money from to build a kind of tiny house structure lost his money because RR refused to return it to him but never built the structure. The customer decided to let it go and cut his losses, due to fear that RR would harm him and his family if he persisted in trying to get his money back. The customer in Hawaii clearly perceived that RR could be dangerous.
Yes, I have a hunch the guy was a big-talking grifter who conned people into thinking they were supporting his grandiose ideas but the money went in his pocket.

I expect his defense will be that he is delusional and never accomplished any of his big plans and the attempted assassination was him role-playing a fantasy. We'll see.

Make-believe world + real gun = danger to society

jmo

BBM - There certainly is a lot of information circulating about this guy, literally minutes after event and arrest, yet, here we are months from the first assassination attempt in Butler and so many questions about Thomas Crooks. Hopefully the fact that RR is in custody will lead to more info and answers! Crooks may forever be a mystery.
Yes, there are two very different people. Crooks was quiet and didn't have a big online presence. This guy was loud, put his beliefs out there, and even appeared in at least one interview while he was attempting to recruit for Ukraine. John Miller said on CNN last night that he believes this guy won't be able to keep his mouth shut. We'll know a heck of a lot more about him than Crooks.

IMO this was NOT a failure by the Secret Service.

Trump’s golf course, as all the news has repeatedly said, backs up to major public streets abutting the fence surrounding the course.

People live around there, people work around there, the streets are major arteries for traffic.

Trump chose that area for his golf course when he was still a famous and rich citizen, but not a politician requiring SS. It’s not secluded like Mar-a-Lago.

IMO with that golf course being Trump’s private property, with an ordinary fence and bushes surrounding it, it is Trump’s burden to harden the physical perimeter when he plays there. Particularly as paying guests are allowed in while he’s there.

IMO the SS protected him and did in fact spot the rifle barrel through the bushes.

Many years ago in Palm Beach, driving around we passed right next to Mar-a-Lago but again he was just another wealthy and famous resident at the time, no SS.

Those Royal Palms bordering the golf course are gorgeous and also line the bridge between Palm Beach and ordinary West Palm Beach, but they are not protective (maybe they’d stop a car trying to crash in) and offer a good place to hide.

I may be in the wrong but I truly don’t see how the SS can protect him more diligently on his own property that he hasn’t upgraded with better fencing.

It seems very un-Trump to have his luxury golf course neighboring a jail.

JMO

ETA: I know Trump is a target for assassins, but he’s still not a sitting president.
I’ve often mentioned that here in NYC, every time a president is in town, frozen zones go into effect which do indeed prevent people from being anywhere in the president’s path. Streets are blocked off in a wide perimeter for blocks and blocks. I missed a doctor’s appointment once when Obama went to see a Broadway play and the streets were immobilized.
Yet it’s still my opinion that the burden of reconfiguring the fencing at his golf course falls on the owner, Trump.
I do find it surprising that a billionaire apparently doesn't have cameras looking at the perimeter of his own property and a guy in a security office monitoring in real time. Call me crazy, but that seems like an affordable system.

It was reported yesterday that photographers have taken photos of Trump golfing through the fence in the past. This is hardly a novel idea that someone dangerous could also get to the fence.

Thankful for the sharp-eye SS who spotted the perp.

jmo

Ryan Wesley Routh has been charged with two counts, including possession of a fire arm while a convicted felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number. He'll be arraigned in two weeks.

I posted a list of questions I wanted answers to last night, and this was a big one. It stood to reason that he wouldn't be able to legally purchase a firearm after that arrest in 2002, but there was a question as to if he'd been convicted of a felony or had pleaded down or something.

It's possible he bought that gun from someone with the serial number already destroyed, but I doubt it. I think he did that himself to cover his tracks, and he planned to get away with this.

I posted a list of questions I wanted answers to last night, and this was a big one. It stood to reason that he wouldn't be able to legally purchase a firearm after that arrest in 2002, but there was a question as to if he'd been convicted of a felony or had pleaded down or something.

It's possible he bought that gun from someone with the serial number already destroyed, but I doubt it. I think he did that himself to cover his tracks, and he planned to get away with this.
I can totally envision this cosplay mercenary buying an illegal gun. I don't know if he did, but I wouldn't count it out just yet.

jmo

This is my opinion only : Just the fact that Routh was able to get as close as he did, and well-armed, was not worthy of praise.
The shot was doable, but the secret service saw the barrel of the gun in time, or at least detected movement ?

The secret service could have secured the fence area that day and at that time !
Esp. the one are where it was the best position for a clear shot.
Obviously they don't need to guard it if some random people are golfing.
But after the near miss in Butler, PA-- the secret service need to intensify their vigilance, imo.

Even though the SS need to guard the presidential candidate closely -- aka standing and walking with and near him -- they could have placed temporary cameras, or had an LE to sit in a car or walk outside the fence area, to monitor someone walking up to the fence.
That fence was not secure as in anyone could potentially do this again.
Omo.

Bbm.
Ditto.
I was typing and saw your post.
Spot on.
Good post.

If this shooter had done a little better job of concealing himself he could have easily shot and killed President Trump. The Secret Service got lucky once again. That luck will not last forever.

An obvious failure to provide adequate security. Drones and perimeter patrols would have been a good idea. They could have spotted the shooter carrying his rifle and two backpacks before he set up his shooting position.

Poor job by the Secret Service again. JMO.

"Donald Trump's would-be 'assassin'

appeared 'detached' after alleged shooting attempt, Sheriff says -

as Joe Biden tells reporters

Secret Service needs

'more help' after narrowly preventing national disaster."

1726501215887.png

Last edited:
Ryan Wesley Routh has been charged with two counts, including possession of a fire arm while a convicted felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number. He'll be arraigned in two weeks.

Ah...I didn't know whether he was a convicted felon or not. I looked at his 2002 rap sheet, but it looked like most charges were downgraded to misdemeanors. And since he was registered to vote, I assumed he could own a gun.

<modsnip - gun laws in another state are off topic>

This is good. Glad he's being charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can totally envision this cosplay mercenary buying an illegal gun. I don't know if he did, but I wouldn't count it out just yet.

jmo
I do think he bought it from someone, as opposed to stealing it. It’s an unusual gun, and one that fits in perfectly with his obsession with Ukraine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a.james.thornton
Back