FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is my opinion only : Just the fact that Routh was able to get as close as he did, and well-armed, was not worthy of praise.
The shot was doable, but the secret service saw the barrel of the gun in time, or at least detected movement ?

The secret service could have secured the fence area that day and at that time !
Esp. the one are where it was the best position for a clear shot.
Obviously they don't need to guard it if some random people are golfing.
But after the near miss in Butler, PA-- the secret service need to intensify their vigilance, imo.

Even though the SS need to guard the presidential candidate closely -- aka standing and walking with and near him -- they could have placed temporary cameras, or had an LE to sit in a car or walk outside the fence area, to monitor someone walking up to the fence.
That fence was not secure as in anyone could potentially do this again.
Omo.

Bbm.
Ditto.
I was typing and saw your post.
Spot on.

Agree completely, another failure to secure the perimeter.

This guy could have had surveillance cameras in the woods where he was hiding for some time. He also could have been monitoring the comings and goings of Mar-a-lago so he knew when Trump was on the move. I imagine his digital information is going to be a treasure trove. Hope he stays alive to face the music. Do we know make, model and age of his get away car?

I have wondered also if he was bankrolling his Ukraine "outreach" with donations?

Did he bring the gun with him? Buy it in Florida?
Strange
Thinking that he bought it in Florida, or North Carolina. I am vaguely aware that Hawaii has restrictions on guns.

Though guns ownership is by no means forbidden, one evidently does not just stroll into any pawn shop in Hawaii, then walk out with a military surplus style rifle and thirty round type magazines 20 minutes later.

Likewise, the would be assassin's criminal record would prevent him from buying weapons from a licensed dealer (and technically through a private sale as well). But.... I would not be surprised if private sales sans background checks are not very common in Hawaii.

This guy could have had surveillance cameras in the woods where he was hiding for some time. He also could have been monitoring the comings and goings of Mar-a-lago so he knew when Trump was on the move. I imagine his digital information is going to be a treasure trove. Hope he stays alive to face the music. Do we know make, model and age of his get away car?

I have wondered also if he was bankrolling his Ukraine "outreach" with donations?
It has been reported that it was his daughter's vehicle that he was driving and I think they said it was a Nissan. I assume we will eventually hear more. Did he borrow it from her in NC and drove to Florida with it, and when? How long did he have it?

I, too, have been thinking about RR making money off of his Ukraine "outreach." The guy had money from somewhere.

Ok, more answers here:

According to the complaint, cell phone records show that Routh was in the area of the golf course tree line for about 12 hours, from approximately 1:59 a.m. until 1:31 p.m. on Sunday.
The license plate on the Nissan SUV in which Routh was stopped was registered to a 2012 Ford truck that has been reported stolen, according to authorities.

Maybe he didn’t know.

From the looks of his shirt makes me wonder how long he was there.
They fail to mention that word gets around.

A hypothetical example would be: A local residents' Facebook group that is either supportive of Trump, not supportive or just a "things going on around town" FB group: "Trump is playing golf again". Memes get shared about it.
I'm not saying these FB groups exist or don't exist, but locals know and anyone can usually join groups. MOO MOO MOO

Also, his campaign schedule is known. Hence, he would likely be in Florida. And he does golf on Sunday when he is at Mar a lago.
He would not be a difficult person to track.

Agree completely, another failure to secure the perimeter.
When he was in office and at the Florida residence, there would be sheriff cars everywhere and the roads would often be diverted or barricaded/guarded so you could not just stop and walk up to the edge of the property as this man apparently did. That this perp could get that close to the course at all is a failure, that the SS missed when they fired, that he was only captured because a bystander took a photo of the plate etc...

I'm quite certain that, had he succeeded, monumental change would have been swift. I'm even more certain that it would not have resembled in any way the change he desired. I wonder if any of the whackadoos are capable of looking even for a second past their hatred in the moment to consider anything else? (That question is rhetorical, of course. But I do marvel at their fractal-esque thinking.) AMOO
Wondering whether any person or entity "invited" him to star in this "monumental" endeavor against Trump

Ok, more answers here:

According to the complaint, cell phone records show that Routh was in the area of the golf course tree line for about 12 hours, from approximately 1:59 a.m. until 1:31 p.m. on Sunday.
The license plate on the Nissan SUV in which Routh was stopped was registered to a 2012 Ford truck that has been reported stolen, according to authorities.

Also from the article -

During the hearing, Routh gave routine information to court officials as to his work status and income. Speaking in a soft voice, he said that he was working and making around $3,000 a month, but has zero savings.
Routh said that he has no real estate or assets, aside from two trucks worth about $1,000, both located in Hawaii. Routh also said that he has a 25-year-old son, whom he sometimes supports.

Also, September 23 scheduled bond hearing and September 30 scheduled arraigment.

ETA I wonder if they asked him what his reported gun collection is worth.

He obviously does not think laws apply to him. I get the sense that he believes his “lofty” ideals give him permisssion to do whatever it takes to achieve them…even assassinating Trump. As you said, he is a very dangerous dude. And there are more like him on both sides. I fear for both candidates.
JMO
IMO: the laws barely applies to him when he got off with suspended sentence/probation for charge of possessing a weapon of mass destruction, etc. His past crimes certainly warranted an upper echelon position on a few radars.

Which is also rather odd, because SKS rifles generally do not have a detachable box mag, but rather an internal, non-detachable magazine.

Thanks for posting this, I can't find many news articles that have identified the correct make or model of Routh's rifle ?
It's been said that the clip that attaches will also fit an AK-47 ; so maybe that's where the confusion on the part of msm is coming in.
Omo.

They must know that by now, right ?
Omo.

Eta :

Soviet-style rifle used in Trump assassination attempt, experts online say.

Suspect in Trump assassination attempt charged, didn't fire any shots. Suspect Ryan Routh, who appeared in federal court Monday, never fired a shot, authorities said.

He was being held on charges of possession of a firearm while a convicted felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number. When they opened fire, the suspect fled in a black Nissan SUV, leaving behind a loaded, SKS-style assault rifle, a backpack, two bags, a digital camera and some food, according to the criminal complaints.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said Routh had been about 300-500 yards from Trump and that Routh's rifle and scope put him within range. Live updates

Last edited:
Ok, more answers here:

Well that is outrageous then. I mean if he was really there all that time, then a simple walk of the perimeter with a dog with have sniffed him out. Do they not do perimeter checks before their protectee arrives? I guess I always assumed they did to sweep it for bombs or something that could have been planted before they arrived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201
Back