FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ryan Wesley Routh's cell phone was tracked in the tree line near Trump's golf course from 1:59am yesterday until 1:31pm, according to law enforcement.
How did he know prior to 2am where DJT would be golfing? Leaked Intel? Who would be in position to know that information in order TO share it? Was it an obvious location relative to DJT's whereabouts at the time? Or had he held stake-outs at various golf courses, previously misses?

Multiple perimeter sweeps seem like a given but apparently not.

JMO

For a very small amount of money, the federal government, who is responsible for the security and safety of all former presidents, could have hired a dozen off duty LE officers to patrol and secure the sidewalks and perimeter around that golf course for three hours.
There can be no argument about lack of manpower when this option is available. There can be no argument that the SS doesn’t have the money when the amount required would be so small.
It is a lack of “want to”. I don’t mean that necessarily in some nefarious way. It could be the “middle management” of the SS are simply incompetent or lazy or both. The agents on the ground did their jobs. The agent involved with the planning and set up, again, failed.

How did he know prior to 2am where DJT would be golfing? Leaked Intel? Who would be in position to know that information in order TO share it? Was it an obvious location relative to DJT's whereabouts at the time? Or had he held stake-outs at various golf courses, previously misses?

Multiple perimeter sweeps seem like a given but apparently not.

JMO
Bbm.

According to my previous post at above link, I believe this is a valid question.
So does it take an assassination attempt to ensure that some sort of perimeter sweep either on foot or with drones will happen in the future ?

Eta : Some premeditation going on here as well.
Omo

Last edited:
There has been a lot of mention about how a golf course like this needs to be made defensible by the property owners.

I respectfully disagree. The duty of defense of a Secret Service Protectee falls squarely upon the Secret Service. The buck stops with them.
Those under Secret Service protection also give up freedoms for that protection.

There are essential county services adjacent to this particular golf course that need to keep running. There is the sheriff's office, the jail, the post office, schools. They can't close the roads because they shut down essential services. Trump has a course in Jupiter (in Palm Beach County) which wouldn't interfere with essential services. At other courses you can shut down roads adjacent to the course because those roads are not required for essential services.

How would SS protect this particular site without shutting down roads?

Why would he NOT be charged with aiming at a US Presidential candidate, ie, assassination attempt. Even the FBI says that’s what it was.
I think it's only a matter of time until updated charges are levied. Under the current charges, they can hold him. IMO he's going nowhere.

JMO

Those under Secret Service protection also give up freedoms for that protection.

There are essential county services adjacent to this particular golf course that need to keep running. There is the sheriff's office, the jail, the post office, schools. They can't close the roads because they shut down essential services. Trump has a course in Jupiter (in Palm Beach County) which wouldn't interfere with essential services. At other courses you can shut down roads adjacent to the course because those roads are not required for essential services.

You can absolutely shut down roads to the public, while still allowing Law Enforcement/essential entities access.

Why would he NOT be charged with aiming at a US Presidential candidate, ie, assassination attempt. Even the FBI says that’s what it was.
Lots of charges still forthcoming, perhaps they are implaneling a grand jury before the scheduled September 30th arraignment and the most aggregious federal charges will come at that time.

It sounds like RR stole the license plates from a truck and put them on his Nissan SUV, so there's that. I think they will line up all the evidence and charge him accordingly. Lying in wait all night, etc. sounds like aggravatingg circumstances. This guy will never see the light of day again, unless as an old man but I doubt he will do well in a federal prison. If his defense tries to argue mental health issue, then a federal medical center will determine competency or not. This guy knew what he was doing, planned it out.

There may also be state charges that will move forward once the federal case is concluded, which could take a long time, but there still may be state charges. Federal charges take precedence in this case, but there could be more charges from the state at a later date. Florida's governor has announced that the state will conduct its own investigation in addition to the FBI investigation. So this guy is not going anywhere, he will pay for his attempted assassination of President Trump.

There will be justice for President Trump.

Lots of charges still forthcoming, perhaps they are impaneling a grand jury before the scheduled September 30th arraignment and the most aggregious federal charges will come at that time.

It sounds like RR stole the license plates from a truck and put them on his Nissan SUV, so there's that. I think they will line up all the evidence and charge him accordingly. Lying in wait all night, etc. sounds like aggravating circumstances. This guy will never see the light of day again, unless as an old man but I doubt he will do well in a federal prison. If his defense tries to argue mental health issues, then a federal medical center will determine competency or not. This guy knew what he was doing, planned it out.

There may also be state charges that will move forward once the federal case is concluded, which could take a long time, but there still may be state charges. Federal charges take precedence in this case, but there could be more charges from the state at a later date. Florida's governor has announced that the state will conduct its own investigation in addition to the FBI investigation. So this guy is not going anywhere, he will pay for his attempted assassination of President Trump. There will be justice for President Trump.

Last edited:
Well that is outrageous then. I mean if he was really there all that time, then a simple walk of the perimeter with a dog with have sniffed him out. Do they not do perimeter checks before their protectee arrives? I guess I always assumed they did to sweep it for bombs or something that could have been planted before they arrived.
I am starting to think that survival while under secret service protection is just dumb luck.

After they let a teenager get in direct line of sight and get off shots toward a candidate and former president...

Now they let a guy with stolen plates park next to site and stay there for 12 hours, hide in the bushes with a gun, miss him when they shoot at him, then let him escape. If not for a bystander who took a picture of the plate they would have no idea who to even look for. The Sheriffs department had to find him.

I agree- this is outrageous incompetence. They don't deserve credit for averting this, they got incredibly lucky; twice now.

I have no love for Mr. Trump but he has every right to wonder if this is really an accident at this point.

Fair enough. ^^^

But IMO the secret service could have had local LE walk around the fence area either inside the golf course or directly outside of it against the fence, to check for anyone (or anything like an explosive device !).
They (SS) are not without a budget to handle this.
Couldn't the local LE be requested for service for the three hours of time it took for the game ?
What about flying a drone to check right before ?
Omo.

You can absolutely shut down roads to the public, while still allowing Law Enforcement/essential entities access.
It wouldn't require shutting down the roads. At Mar A Lago there were frequently cars parked on the corners and or middle of the roads, sometimes with the hazards on, with agents inside looking up and down the entire streets. Nobody could approach the club without being seen by an agent and sometimes you had to drive a little out of your lane to slow down and get by them.

The golf course literally encompasses the sheriffs dept and jail.

When presidents visit here, roads are always shut down. Always. But they almost always visit suburban country clubs, so it doesn't interfere with essential services and detours are easy.

We did have downtown visit at the convention center one time and it interfered with everything. However, the last time it occurred was 2012.

When my son lived in NYC, it was a major headaches when there was a presidential visit.

In this case, I don't know how you can shut down access without shutting down an essential service.

Shutting off the roads is the safest option.

It wouldn't require shutting down the roads. At Mar A Lago there were frequently cars parked on the corners and or middle of the roads, sometimes with the hazards on, with agents inside looking up and down the entire streets. Nobody could approach the club without being seen by an agent and sometimes you had to drive a little out of your lane to slow down and get by them.
Mar A Lago is much more secure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back