FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure either really had a choice, but I'm very doubtful that PA did. Since there was a death and President Trump was shot, I'm not sure the state had jurisdiction. I'm also not sure Florida does either, but I don't know. In theory, the feds should share that DNA, etc. (Thinking about when President Kennedy was assassinated and the County Coroner felt he had jurisdiction to do the autopsy. That didn't work out either.)
Yes I agree.

Presser Notes:

Security at Mar-a-Largo is the highest it can possibly be.

Routh invoked his right when the FBI tried to interview him.

Warrant on video recording device, cell phones, vehicle, other electronic devices located at previous known addresses. Numerous witness interviews have been conducted so far. Friends, family, colleagues have been interviewed.

DNA collected from items (rifle, bags, tiles, etc).

CAST team conducted thorough analysis of cell phone locations of the suspect. Compiling analysis of movements in days and months leading up to the assassination attempt. Conducted canvas to collect video from the neighborhood. Going through social media, and have received several data request returns thus far.

1997-2010 numerous felony charges for stolen good. Subject of 2019 tip where it was alleged he was a felon in possession of a firearm. Complainant did not verify initial information.
Thank you. This clears up some questions I had. There’s a lot of work going into this.

I think what's interesting is that despite the rumblings about international threats, both of these men have been lone attackers. Crooks was an oddball, and I think they're going to find there's something mental health wise going on with Routh (though probably not enough to help him at trial). There's no indication these guys were organised or part of a group with a plan. They also seem to be politically all over the place. Not dyed in the wool one side of politics or the other, more out to make an individual idealistic or public point by attacking a presidential candidate.

MOO

Given all the politicians and governments he was trying to engage, I'd be very surprised if he's not known to a lot of letter agencies and countries besides the US.

MOO
President Trump's supporters, U.S. tax payers, and every citizen who cares a tiddle about our Republic should be concerned primarily with those Alphabet agencies within the United States. The past handful of years, they couldn't find their arse with both hands. They are an utter embarrassment. Thank God, truly, that yesterday's crackpot was not successful in shooting anyone. AMOO

Per CNN (and maybe I missed this during the presser) - Suspect had a bag of food in his car. Did anyone else hear that? That, to me, shows that this wasn't his first time staking out the golf course. He came very prepared in all ways. IMO.

They are looking into that. I read about it. Penalty up to five years. They have do their research to make a case. (I know. I know) But it's best to charge after all the background info is available. It makes for a stronger case.

Do you have a link to the statement that the penalty for an assassination attempt on a former president is up to five years? I think that five years is the penalty for making a threat against a former president, but not the penalty for attempted murder of a former president. I wasn't able to find information on the penalty for attempted murder/assassination attempt on a former president, just information on charges of making a threat against a former president.

Do you have a link to the statement that the penalty for an assassination attempt on a former president is up to five years? I think that five years is the penalty for making a threat against a former president, but not the penalty for attempted murder of a former president. I wasn't able to find information on the penalty for attempted murder/assassination attempt on a former president, just information on charges of making a threat against a former president.

As I linked yesterday, Squeaky Fromme was convicted of attempted assassination of a president (Gerald Ford). She spent 34 years in prison.

Yep. Thanks.
So what? His plans changed. Humans are known to do that. Apathy, lack of professionalism, lack of leadership, partisan politics, and sometimes just plain lack of ability have been constants for several years throughout all of the United States' alphabet agencies. There's no excuse, and there should be zero tolerance for any of it. And I'd be EQUALLY adamant if the other candidate was the one in the crosshairs. Whoever the puppet masters are, they would be wise to be careful what they wish for. MOO

If there's no federal statute, I'm sure the State of Florida has one on that crime, attempted murder, terroristic threats, things like that.

Per CNN (and maybe I missed this during the presser) - Suspect had a bag of food in his car. Did anyone else hear that? That, to me, shows that this wasn't his first time staking out the golf course. He came very prepared in all ways. IMO.
I heard it mentioned at the same time he was mentioning the backpacks, so I think it was probably found at the scene.

His cell phone records will tell them if he had scouted that area before.

This was the highest-profile case MCSO has handled and he is proud of his team for acting efficiently, according to Snyder.

It was noted that Trump had invited the deputies who detained Routh to visit him at Mar-a-Lago

U.S. Rep. Mike Waltz has questions about “how the Secret Service allocates its resources,” saying that what works for Jimmy Carter (who is in hospice) and George W. Bush “painting in his barn” doesn’t work for Trump, given “how active he is and how the threats are coming in both foreign and domestic.”

“They need to change this and make it threat based protective details rather than just this kind of cookie-cutter approach,” Waltz advised on “America Reports.”

Per The Associated Press, Routh declared Iran “free” to “assassinate” Trump in his manifesto called “Ukraine’s unwinnable war
From above and BBM - Per The Associated Press, Routh declared Iran “free” to “assassinate” Trump in his manifesto called “Ukraine’s unwinnable war
I checked Amazon and this book was published in February 8, 2023. Why was this not considered a current threat and Routh under investigation? Especially in light of all of his international travel, his social media rantings, etc...

It can also conceivably save the lives of those members of the SS who have to risk their lives for his safety.
<snipped for focus>

It's the Secret Service's job to protect the former president, regardless if he is playing golf somewhere or if he is off sunbathing somewhere on a beach. So I have to respectfully disagree with your post.

I snipped this part of your post to emphasize that Secret Service agents risk their lives for our country, it's not merely about the incumbent protectee. Ultimately, they have a much greater mission - a much higher mission - and that is to protect the safety and well-being of our nation.

And now they are not only protecting a former U.S. president, but two candidates who are running for the position of the next president of the United States. They are protecting the Republic. So I think they should be able handle a golf course.

Nope...The property can be accessed by just about anyone. It's covered with vegetation and a chain link fence. There is not much of a buffer zone at all. It's not much more secure than our local municipal courses. They can't control who comes or goes either.

View attachment 531588

View attachment 531589

Compare to:

Neighborhoods below are gated, so access to the neighborhood is already controlled. Population density is low. Suspicious people are easy to spot. But when the gulf course is next to the jail, you're gonna get alot of suspicious looking people in the area.

View attachment 531590

Trump should ... as any free American citizen should ...be able to golf where he chooses...

As we know... Biden has been enjoying open and un-walled beach activities...
As he SHOULD be able to... and as any free American citizen should.

JMO

It also makes me think that a psych eval will find him competent. JMOO

Me neither. I could only find the "Threat to public official"

In this case, he would be involved in a "plot" as opposed to an actual attempt (As in attempted murder).
Plots are also very serious charges. Often more serious than attempted murder.

They need to do their investigation. There could be numerous charges etc.

9-65.200 - Threats Against the President and Successors to the Presidency; Threats Against Former Presidents; and Certain Other Secret Service Protectees​

The Counterterrorism Section of the National Security Division has supervisory authority over 18 U.S.C. §§ 871 and 879 cases. As great caution must be taken in matters relating to the security of the persons protected by 18 U.S.C. § 871, United States Attorneys are encouraged to consult with the Counterterrorism Section (CTS) of the National Security Division when they have doubts on the prosecutive merit of a case. For the same reason, dismissal of complaints under 18 U.S.C. § 871, when the defendant is in custody under the Mental Incompetency Statutes (18 U.S.C. §§ 4244, 4246), requires approval from CTS. In other cases, United States Attorneys must consult prior to dismissing a count involving, or entering into any sentence commitment or other case settlement involving a § 871 charge.

[updated January 2020]

Last edited:
The issue with the firearm tracking is interesting, but IMO it suggests that Routh did not purchase it legally.

Similar to a VIN number on a car, attached to a firearm's serial number is information on the type of firearm.

LE (ATF) can look at personal firearm purchase histories of individuals (Routh in this case) and 'read between the lines' so to speak, as to where and when that firearm was purchased. The fact that they can't retrieve any such info leads me to believe other avenues were used. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back