FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess we'll have to wait until the arraignment when all the charges are brought against RR in federal court. I think the federal law that will apply will be related to the attempted assassination of a former president, as there are specific laws related to the various classes of Secret Service protectees and federal government officials, employees and family members. It seemed to me, from the earlier research that I did, however limited, that the Counterterrorism Section (CTS) of the National Security Division of the federal government may be where the statutes are found in relation to a crime (threat, kidnapping, murder, etc.) of a SS protectee and other government officials, employees, etc. Or, perhaps as you say, other federal laws will apply
Yeah, they also need to investigate all his freak'n crazy claims to make sure that he acted alone. They're going to be investigating his potential ties to Afghanistan. I think the guy is delusional and what he says is 99% BS, but the feds have a ton of work to do.

I know it took quite a while from them to determine that Crooks acted alone. But this guy is "all over the map", literally and figuratively!

Anyway, alot of what they will do is try to determine if he acted alone before they add additional charges. It is important that they rule this out.

Trump... as a member of a unique demographic...
should curtail his activities (even though in legal and cordoned off areas...so as to not be attacked by mean-spirited people having no moral compasses...
Trump is not a member of a unique demographic. He knew what running for president entailed when he signed up to do it for the third time. It was 100% his choice and he could have retired like nearly every other former president.

Which means, in the negative, the SSA who took the shot didn't have a solid target which means it was arguably a reckless shot. Not sure how near an innocent pedestrian could have been but it is supremely fortunate that no one was injured by that stray bullet.

I do not envy SS their job, their responsibility, their duty or their trigger.

JMO
There is sure to be some evidence to show whether any of the agent's shots struck the ceramic tile laden backpacks - right?

I think we agree.
I was aggravated that the perp knew Trump changed his plans but SS didn’t? How did that happen?
I read a news article that said a retired FBI assistant director suggested it was possible that someone tipped off Routh about Trumps activity that day. He said it looked like it might be a part of a conspiracy by someone who has knowledge that Trump would be there. I'm sorry, I can't link to the article because it comes from an unapproved news source. So I'll just add this as a question I have also, it doesn't seem possible that he camped out for hours waiting in hopes that Trump would be golfing there. MOO

So I'll just add this as a question I have also, it doesn't seem possible that he camped out for hours waiting in hopes that Trump would be golfing there. MOO
Snipped for focus.
Do you mean, in other words, that he camped out for 12 hours because he probably knew Trump would be there?

BBM - There certainly is a lot of information circulating about this guy, literally minutes after event and arrest, yet, here we are months from the first assassination attempt in Butler and so many questions about Thomas Crooks. Hopefully the fact that RR is in custody will lead to more info and answers! Crooks may forever be a mystery.
I think that's just the way it is with some perps. Some people have long criminal records, lots of social media posts, while others are more quiet and under-the-radar. This guy was 58 with lots of history. Crooks was still a kid and kept his views locked down and hidden. We still know nothing about the Las Vegas shooter.

True. But I would have significant issues with any of my children being around Trump right now. He has chosen this, anyone in his proximity, especially if he has his grandchildren around him, have not, and imagine if his granddaughter was with him on the golf course?!

And really, it is next to impossible to keep Trump completely safe, unless he stays in a locked down unknown bunker from now until election day.
This is frightening. so if someone close to him gets shot, it will be his fault? Not buying that.

I read a news article that said a retired FBI assistant director suggested it was possible that someone tipped off Routh about Trumps activity that day. He said it looked like it might be a part of a conspiracy by someone who has knowledge that Trump would be there. I'm sorry, I can't link to the article because it comes from an unapproved news source. So I'll just add this as a question I have also, it doesn't seem possible that he camped out for hours waiting in hopes that Trump would be golfing there. MOO
Possible, but it's also possible that he knew what locals and supporters of Trump know - that when he's at Mar-a-Lago, there's a good chance you'll see him going golfing at that course if you just wait a while.

MOO

And...he's not trying to live his life like a private citizen. That's why he accepts the intrusion of an apparently nearly totally inept or corrupt (take your pick) SS detail into every aspect of his life.

Using your logic, it won't be long until we tell a rape victim that all of life's choices come at a price. You shouldn't have gone to that bar, shouldn't have gone alone, shouldn't have worn that outfit. Not very logical is it?

Ohhh maannn...

You said it way better than I did!

Kudos to you!!

Snipped for focus.
Do you mean, in other words, that he camped out for 12 hours because he probably knew Trump would be there?
I have camped longer outside of venues to see bands... if RR was aware of DT's general schedule, as everyone following the media is, I would say there is a good chance he was hoping to get lucky. IMO

It also seems unlikely that Routh would have that much money or time to travel from Hawaii and hopefully wait for a chance to ambush Trump. Since Trump is frequently traveling, it seems that Routh had to have some knowledge on Trumps schedule, where and when he would be. MOO

I have camped longer outside of venues to see bands... if RR was aware of DT's general schedule, as everyone following the media is, I would say there is a good chance he was hoping to get lucky. IMO
And realized perhaps that, of the probable golf courses in DJT's orbit, this one was the only one he could easily access.

JMO

Though Trump is technically free to golf where he chooses, presidential candidates of the two major parties are not "just like any Americans".

Likewise, Biden very likely enjoys seemingly open beach activities at very selected locations in an easily controlled environment.

Though the use of other avenues is still a possibility, it does not automatically follow from the circumstances. Rather, it gets uhhhmmm..... complicated, very complicated

The records in question do exist, but they are not records of purchases per se. Rather, they are records of background checks- which, as you observed, also just so happen to contain detailed information on the gun being purchased.

Semantics aside, these records are only kept for:
A- Fire arms purchases made through licensed dealers.
B- Fire arms purchased in private transactions- if the particular State requires background checks for private transactions.

One more complication: Biden, via executive order, made background checks for most private transactions (those primarily done for financial reasons mandatory. But.... "primarily for financial reasons" is not defined and I bet very few people selling weapons via private transactions in my red state are following that regulation.

So, at the end of the day, I bet one can purchase fire arms via private transactions in Florida and North Carolina with out getting a background check.

I respectfully disagree...
an open beach stretching long swaths of yardage is not as easy to secure as an enclosed golf course is...

Though... I have NO problem with our president enjoying this activity...

As I have NO problem with our former vice-president golfing where he chooses....

Nor choosing his rallies/speeches as he sees fit...

It is an injustice to either of these gentlemen...
and an injustice to ALL Americans to have our freedoms of activities curtailed...

Are the teachers who were shot in the schools to blame for not quitting their "mission" of teaching during this tumultuos and dangerous time?

I think not.

Therefore... me... as a woman who is an avid walker ... as a member of a unique demographic...in my otherwise safe neighborhood... should curtail my walking/hiking activities around certain subjective parameters of time

I like walking too. I am also an avid swimmer and regularly swim in pools, lakes and oceans. I can swim for long periods of time (hours).

One time in Florida, an Ocean Life guard whistled me in during heavy surf. She then told me that I needed to curtail my swimming due to the rising risk of under tows.

Life Guards, however, dont have legal authority, so it was really just a strong recommendation. She then told me to only go in knee deep (Lame, who wants to do that- right?).

Though I was not tired, and have text book knowledge of escaping from under tows, I quickly decided that it would be prudent to follow her instructions. As a professional Life Guard, she was the true expert, not me.

But....lets say that I ignored her recommendations and drowned (as more than a few people have done). Do you think that I would have at least some responsibility for my death?

Last edited:
This is frightening. so if someone close to him gets shot, it will be his fault? Not buying that.

Seriously, would you want your children sitting behind Trump at a rally? It is not his fault, but he has made choices to be a public figure. I know that I wouldn't want to be in proximity to him now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahgoodnight
Back