FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because they are still investigating -- in my admittedly limited understanding of the US law, with double jeopardy, they cannot attempt to charge him with the same crime more than once. Why rush, get all the evidence in a row. He is already in jail for two perfectly valid and easy to prove charges meanwhile and there is clearly going to be a lot more evidence incoming from his online presence and maybe telecom.

If i am reading this correctly...

Trump... as a member of a unique demographic...
should curtail his activities (even though in legal and cordoned off areas...so as to not be attacked by mean-spirited people having no moral compasses...

Therefore... me... as a woman who is an avid walker ... as a member of a unique demographic...in my otherwise safe neighborhood... should curtail my walking/hiking activities around certain subjective parameters of time so as not to be attacked by mean-spirited people with no moral compasses...

Sooooo... if I continue to walk...even though following various societally acceptable safety precautions...
I should be held accountable should I be attacked?

Hmmm...

IIRC there were MSM articles discussing the litany of reasons Trump and his family would be uniquely difficult to protect as soon he first announced his campaign in 2015. So, IMO it is hardly offensive to ask why he wouldn't choose a more secure golf course after the last assassination attempt, nearly a decade of social upheaval later. It is their job to protect him, and sometimes that protection includes giving advice -- advice which may be based on a realistic evaluation of their limitations. Advice that, clearly, has a record of going unheeded.

Great example below of similar reports.

View attachment 531725
Former president Donald Trump stands beside a golf cart while speaking to his son Eric Trump and colleagues at the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., in 2022.

Soon after Donald Trump became president, authorities tried to warn him about the risks posed by golfing at his own courses because of their proximity to public roads. Secret Service agents came armed with unusual evidence: not suspect profiles or spent bullet casings, but simple photographs taken by news crews of him golfing at his private club in Sterling, Va.

They reasoned that if photographers with long-range lenses could get the president in their sights while he golfed, so too could potential gunmen, according to former U.S. officials involved in the discussions who, like most others interviewed for this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitivity.

But Trump insisted that his clubs were safe and that he wanted to keep golfing, the former officials said. These preferences posed problems for his protection that former Trump aides, Secret Service officials and security experts said have only intensified in the years since he left the White House, as his security detail shrank and agents no longer maintained as extensive a perimeter guarding his movements.

Last edited:
I doubt it. The would-be shooter seems like he has grandiose connections in his mind, but they are not reality.

I think many people are going to spin conspiracy theories, though, because a delusional lone person with a gun doesn't scare enough people. imo

jmopinion
It doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory. It could simply be that the guy wasn't there to shoot Trump.

Either way, it's a question that needs an answer.

MOO

Would it be the same reason the media uses the phrase "allegedly killed" or "alledged killer" when it's quite apparent the person did kill another person?
I know what you are saying, but I have never heard that term used to describe
An asassination attempt- it is odd, and he has not been charged, yet at least,
With asassination attempt

Secret Service admits golf course wasn’t searched before Trump assassination attempt​

Secret Service agents didn’t sweep the outskirts of Donald Trump’s Florida golf course where his alleged would-be assassin was hiding because the former president’s visit was an “off-the-record” plan, the embattled agency’s acting director admitted.

This guy could have had surveillance cameras in the woods where he was hiding for some time. He also could have been monitoring the comings and goings of Mar-a-lago so he knew when Trump was on the move. I imagine his digital information is going to be a treasure trove. Hope he stays alive to face the music. Do we know make, model and age of his get away car?

I have wondered also if he was bankrolling his Ukraine "outreach" with donations?

The affidavit also states that the Nissan SUV that Routh was driving was using the license plate of a white Ford pickup truck that had been reported stolen.

Will he be charged for this?

I don't, I think he was much more than that personally. It will be interesting to see his digital footprint and where he has been the last few years. I think he is very serious about his mission American posts Taiwan flag in Kyiv to honor Taiwanese soldiers in Ukraine | Taiwan News | Jun. 8, 2022 11:36

His mission yesterday was to kill President Trump. JMO

I agree, I don’t think anyone knew he was in florida, appears he had vehicle stolen plates, gun no serial #, hiding in bushes 12 plus hours. He was serious about this.

He must have ran out of purpose.

The affidavit also states that the Nissan SUV that Routh was driving was using the license plate of a white Ford pickup truck that had been reported stolen.

Will he be charged for this?
I believe the plates were stolen, not the truck. I've read that the plates were stolen from more than one source.

Usually they don't file charges on stolen plates if there is felony. It would be a misdemeanor. It would not be a federal charge.

Officers from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and Martin County Sheriff's Office located the Nissan SUV, which had a stolen license plate, on I-95, and stopped it around 2:14 p.m., according to the complaint.

Anyone know why this is called "an apparent assassination
Attempt"?

Good question. ^^^
From all appearances, it did indeed look exactly like (what is believed by many to be) an attempt on former president Trump's life.
I doubt Routh was there to target one of the secret service employees, or another golfer.

Because they are still investigating -- in my admittedly limited understanding of the US law, with double jeopardy, they cannot attempt to charge him with the same crime more than once. Why rush, get all the evidence in a row. He is already in jail for two perfectly valid and easy to prove charges meanwhile and there is clearly going to be a lot more evidence incoming from his online presence and maybe telecom.

Snipped for focus.
Agreed, that makes sense.

Would it be the same reason the media uses the phrase "allegedly killed" or "alleged killer" when it's quite apparent the person did kill another person?
Yes, even though it appears to be clear in this particular case.
Great reply, @imstilla.grandma .

I know what you are saying, but I have never heard that term used to describe
An assassination attempt- it is odd, and he has not been charged, yet at least,
With assassination attempt

Valid points made.
I'm admittedly curious how this would be handled if it was a different former potus ?
Would the reaction vary ?
Heck, would the initial security have been different ?

The reaction times and procedures from the secret service feel differently this time, tbh.
So many questions and so few answers.
Imo.
Omo.

Last edited:

Secret Service admits golf course wasn’t searched before Trump assassination attempt​

Secret Service agents didn’t sweep the outskirts of Donald Trump’s Florida golf course where his alleged would-be assassin was hiding because the former president’s visit was an “off-the-record” plan, the embattled agency’s acting director admitted.
Thanks for the link, @Ontario Mom !

Spontaneous.
Impromptu.
So how the heck did Routh know to wait for him ?
Even with the twelve + hours wait, he must have known Trump would be there the next day ?
It's not like Routh would've waited for a week, hoping the former president would decide to play a few rounds.
Even if a person is a creature of habit, we now know officially -- via the above helpful link and other sources -- that this outing was unplanned.
So odd.
Omo.

I agree, I don’t think anyone knew he was in florida, appears he had vehicle stolen plates, gun no serial #, hiding in bushes 12 plus hours. He was serious about this.

He must have ran out of purpose.
Bbm.

A minor inquiry ..... Where was he using the restroom facilities during that time ?
I read that Routh had some food items with him --- is there security footage anywhere at a convenience store or other public place, of him walking in and out ?
Did he meet up with anyone or did someone passing by in a vehicle or walking engage with him and appear to speak to Routh ?
Was he talking/texting to anyone during that time ?

Just wondering about his movements in those hours before the 15th.
Omo.

Bbm.

A minor inquiry ..... Where was he using the restroom facilities during that time ?
I read that Routh had some food items with him --- is there security footage anywhere at a convenience store or other public place, of him walking in and out ?
Did he meet up with anyone or did someone passing by in a vehicle or walking engage with him and appear to speak to Routh ?
Was he talking/texting to anyone during that time ?

Just wondering about his movements in those hours before the 15th.
Omo.

He could have went right there, i was thinking yesterday, did that ss guy go ahead to scope out the area or did he happen to have to take a leak and saw the muzzle of the gun. Guess we’ll never know.
Things i think about.

Jmo

He could have went right there, i was thinking yesterday, did that ss guy go ahead to scope out the area or did he happen to have to take a leak and saw the muzzle of the gun. Guess we’ll never know.
Things i think about.

Jmo
SS agent spotted the muzzle when he was doing a sweep of the area between the 5h and 6th hole.

A Secret Service agent spotted a rifle barrel with a scope sticking out of the fence of the golf course and “immediately engaged” with the person, Bradshaw said. The agent who spotted the rifle, Bradshaw said, is part of a team that stays a hole or two ahead of Trump on the course. The person was 300 to 500 yards away from Trump, an official said.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024
Back