FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting article about someone who met Ryan Routh in Ukraine

It seems like alot of people knew this guy.
And he was pro-Trump to this guy?
Did he change his mind every day?

Oh well, he's nutso....
One minute this, the next minute that..Maybe it depended on who he was talking with.

I fully agree- just like its the Coast Guard's duty to search for me and to rescue me if I get swept out to sea in an under tow. I have seen the Coast Guard doing just that for other people on more than one occasion.

But....

A prudent swimmer follows the advice given by beach Life Guards. A prudent swimmer also notes and follows beach warning flags. If a swimmer choses to ignore these flags or advise....

I've also seen the Coast Guard say to people that the weather is too bad to be out in the water and that if you go out, they can't save you. You do it at your own risk.

Yes it's the Secret Service's job to protect Trump and any deviation from standard practice should be investigated and if negligence or incompetence occurred, it should be dealt with. However, as humans, we can't create complete safety where none exists. There are going to be risks. The question is how to lessen those risks and as a presidential candidate and former president, maybe there are things that need to be modified if he wants to do them.

MOO.

There is a bit of new particular concern now. Some deranged individual can take the approach of just going after him because they want to be the person who doesn’t miss the target.

It could be someone who doesn’t care about an election and wants to be the one to take Trump down. Emboldened and enticed by the 2 misses. Superman, tough guy who was bullied and just wants to be famous. So now there are two groups of individuals with different motivations. imo
I'm convinced that anyone who would attempt to assassinate a president is suicidal.

US judges have been assassinated by defendants, (Judge John Woods was hit via an order by drug kingpin Jimmy Chagra), hence they have a "motive", but presidential assassins seem to have totally whacky motives.

From your link :

Neighbors said Routh’s girlfriend, Kathleen, didn’t appear to know that her partner was planning anything sinister.

“I saw her on Friday. It didn’t seem like she was bothered with anything,” 58-year-old Roy Correa, who considered Routh a fishing buddy, told The Post.

“I don’t even know if she knew what was going on,” he added.
Kathleen, who works at a nearby hardware store, was nowhere in sight on Tuesday.

Rbm.

'Yeah, I'd lay low for a while, his actions have consequences not only for him but others around him !
Bet he never considered that.

Agreed, lots of interesting bric-a-brac.
He didn't appear to be suffering with his house and all of the traveling he did.
So what was his problem ?
Omo.

did he own that Hawaii house? I figured he rented
and I also figured that he's either squatting (has a history of it) or behind in his rent

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
I read his parents are/were fairly well off. I read what his dad did, but can't remember. It would be enough for a nest egg.

Found the source. (Well chemist could be poor or rich..LOL..but it says well-to-do)
Routh was raised in a well-to-do subdivision of Greensboro. His father was a chemist and his mother taught home economics.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Since it's known to the Secret Service that President Trump usually goes golfing on Sunday's they should have had been prepared to provide adequate protection for him when he went. JMO.

Residents say Trump spends almost every Sunday at the West Palm Beach golf club when he is not on the campaign trail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the shooter arrived around 1 am, I wonder it traditional sweeps would be enough to detect someone hiding in the bushes?
You would almost need a canine or a heat seeking device. Another option would be to remove the vegetation, but that would pose other problems.
Maybe.

But one thing is certain, if you don't look for threats you will not find any. JMO.

We have been notified that the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump, plans to attend the Alabama-Georgia football game on Sept. 28 after receiving an invitation from a private citizen. The safety of our campus is and will remain our top priority, and UAPD will work closely with the U.S. Secret Service and other law enforcement partners to coordinate security. Like for every UA football game, walk-through metal detectors will be in place and the clear bag policy will be strictly enforced. Additional safety measures will be enacted in collaboration with local and federal agencies, so fans are encouraged to arrive early to expedite the security screening process. The University’s focus will continue to be ensuring a safe and positive gameday experience for the student-athletes, fans of both teams, and all campus visitors.

We have been notified that the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump, plans to attend the Alabama-Georgia football game on Sept. 28 after receiving an invitation from a private citizen. The safety of our campus is and will remain our top priority, and UAPD will work closely with the U.S. Secret Service and other law enforcement partners to coordinate security. Like for every UA football game, walk-through metal detectors will be in place and the clear bag policy will be strictly enforced. Additional safety measures will be enacted in collaboration with local and federal agencies, so fans are encouraged to arrive early to expedite the security screening process. The University’s focus will continue to be ensuring a safe and positive gameday experience for the student-athletes, fans of both teams, and all campus visitors.

I’m not sure what to think about this. Understandably they need to let fans know ahead of time what to expect with extra security etc., but it makes me nervous that it also could give “others” time to plan ahead and scope the area out in advance etc.

I am surprised Trump would choose to attend such a public event, given the recent assassination attempts on his life.
I can't imagine the challenge this will pose to the Secret Service.

At what point does the Secret Service have the right to weigh in on his purely social activities and the real danger posed to both himself and his SS Agents? Not his campaign activities or his past as a former president, but his voluntary social life.
IMO, he is putting Agents in unnecessary danger because of his reckless personal choices.

I hope everyone at that game remains safe as the crowd doesn't have personal SS protection, like Trump does.

JMO

ETA - It one thing if people choose to attend one of his campaign events, it's quite another to endanger the other attendees at a non-related public event.

Last edited:

Some new details about RR's life in NC with interview of local LE who says he had hundreds of run-ins with RR during his time in NC.

EBM There is a transcript of the interview below the audio file.
I saw Routh's NC house on google street view from 2012. Junk all over the place. Beat up car or two in the yard. It was basically a junkyard. It was pretty bad. Then in 2014, a fence was constructed which obliterated the view.

ETA - It one thing if people choose to attend one of his campaign events, it's quite another to endanger the other attendees at a non-related public event.
<Snipped for focus>

It wouldn't be President Trump "endangering" anyone if a would-be assassin was to show up, it would be the would-be assassin. President Trump has attended several high profile football games/special matches when he was the sitting president and although traffic and entry time can take longer, otherwise everything went well, so there is no reason to suspect that it won't go well this time. President Trump will probably pretty much stay inside the luxury suite where he will be a guest. And I hope he enjoys the game, he's been through a lot lately, and this game sounds like it will be an exciting one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33
Back