FL - Woman chases parents with knife after they refused to take her to Outback, Lake Worth, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Florida woman chases parents with knife after they refused to take her to Outback

Officers in Florida arrested a woman who attacked her parents after they refused to take her to Outback Steakhouse Wednesday night, WPBF reports.

Investigators said when Deana Michelle Seltzer’s mother declined to take her to the restaurant, the 28-year-old began punching her mom in the chest and arms.

The father saw what was happening and intervened. He then suffered scratches to his face and upper body.

Authorities said Seltzer flipped over a large table and tore up furniture before grabbing a knife.

She chased her father screaming, “I’m going to kill you,” police told local media.

Fortunately, dad was able to grab her arm and wrestle the knife away.
upload_2019-1-7_11-2-14.jpeg

Woman says she attacked parents for not taking her to Outback

Court documents: Daughter ran after parents with knife after they refused to take her to Outback

Woman denied Outback Steakhouse attacks parents with knife

Do you suppose they recognized anything of themselves in her?

I'm in my 40s and if someone of my generation had done this at that age, we'd ask about mental illness. Now it's normal for someone that age to still live with their parents. I still think there might be some mental illness. Or simple impulse control problems.

I work for a small-town paper and it's deadline day of a desperately slow news week. This story was soooooo tempting :D (but we didn't).

All joking aside, I wonder if there is a substance abuse issue. I feel so badly for the parents - what a traumatic experience!

That is what is great about living in a small town in rural Montana, there is NO where to go out to eat. The closest Outback is roughly two hours away.

"Wanna get a hot dog down at the Town Pump?" No...

I wonder if there is some mental illness there...would you kick out your adult child if she was mentally ill?

That is what is great about living in a small town in rural Montana, there is NO where to go out to eat. The closest Outback is roughly two hours away.

"Wanna get a hot dog down at the Town Pump?" No...

I wonder if there is some mental illness there...would you kick out your adult child if she was mentally ill?
It sounds like mental illness and maybe drug abuse. Hopefully she gets help.

Seltzer was arrested on one count each of simple domestic battery and battery of a person 65 or older. She also faces two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

A Palm Beach County judge ordered that Seltzer undergo a mental health assessment upon her release from jail. She was also ordered to stay away from drugs, alcohol and weapons.

Woman attacks parents for not taking her to Outback: Deputies

She’s 28 years old! You don’t need your elderly parents to take you out to eat.
Heck, call Uber and go.
This is what I was thinking. If she doesn't have her own car and/or can't afford to pay for her own meal or a ride, she must not have a job. That could signify that she has a mental health disability, or a duo diagnosis of a physical disability and MH disability.

I hope after her release from jail she is placed in a group home or in the care of a younger family member. The responsibility is too much for an elderly couple. Though I'm sure they still love her, they can still visit her while protected from her outbursts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back