FLOOR-PLAN of Baby Lisa Irwin's home likelihood of this being stranger abduction

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Otto, you're right, it doesn't make much difference if I have the kids' bedroom locations switched. They are close to each other and so glad Mtn.Kat sees the hall now! :great:

In the walk through with the ABC reporter he states JI used the front door entrance when he arrived home from work. I can look up the link if needed. He parked at the top of the drive near the front door.

And thank you Wise Old Owl for your last post so I didn't have to type out JI's other version of how the events occured when he came home. :rocker:

BBM

The front door was the door that was unlocked, so I assume this is the door he entered through because he noticed the front door was unlocked right away. He then says he walked to the computer room and tried to shut the window, but couldn't because of the screen being screwy. The next place he puts himself is in the master bedroom, waking Debbie to ask what's going on.

(And from here, we get differently stories.)

The one account in People of him saying he went to check on Lisa and found her light on and her crib empty REALLY bugs me, though. Maybe it's just lousy reporting, I don't know. But if he went to the computer room to shut the window BEFORE he went to wake Debbie, he would have had to pass Lisa's lit up bedroom with the open door. Why would he take the kitchen/livingroom route to the master bedroom when the door to the hall was right there IN the kitchen? And if that's the route he took, he would have HAD to have noticed Lisa's door open and light on. Okay fine, maybe he thought the baby was in bed with Debbie. But if that's the case, how come when he sees the baby ISN'T with Debbie, he checks on the boys first? Doesn't make sense.

Not necessarily. He could have walked through the kitchen to the computer room ... to avoid disturbing the children. Returning from the computer room (after seeing the screwy screen), he would have gone through the hall with the bedrooms to check on the children. He may have marched straight to his bedroom to see if the mother of his child was okay first, then checked the room with the light on, then the boy's bedroom.

Otto, you're right, it doesn't make much difference if I have the kids' bedroom locations switched. They are close to each other and so glad Mtn.Kat sees the hall now! :great:

In the walk through with the ABC reporter he states JI used the front door entrance when he arrived home from work. I can look up the link if needed.

And thank you Wise Old Owl for your last post so I didn't have to type out JI's other version of how the events occured when he came home. :rocker:

Regarding the view of the children's bedrooms from the kitchen area, I'm rendering a view based on the model. Maybe that will help figure out which bedroom is which.

So the dad came in through the front door. Dad went to the bedroom or the computer room first, then checked on the family. If the screen in the computer room is screwy, it appears that an intruder came in through the window, took the baby and left out the front door. Whomever took the baby must have known that there was a good chance of getting away with it.

Not necessarily. He could have walked through the kitchen to the computer room ... to avoid disturbing the children. Returning from the computer room (after seeing the screwy screen), he would have gone through the hall with the bedrooms to check on the children. He may have marched straight to his bedroom to see if the mother of his child was okay first, then checked the room with the light on, then the boy's bedroom.

No no, I mean if he checked on the window, like he said he did, and then went to question Debbie, he would have had to walk from the computer room (where the window is), and back into the kitchen. Here he has only 2 routes to the master bedroom...the shortest route would be through the door in the kitchen that leads to the hallway. The long route would be all the way back through the length of the kitchen, and then through the livingroom. Not sure why he would walk around when the door to the hallway was right there in the kitchen, kwim?

But at any rate, even walking through the kitchen on the way to the computer room and back again, he surely would have noticed Lisa's bedroom light on. Her bedroom is directly across from the doorway in the kitchen

Possible intruder path

Lisapossiblepath3.jpg

No no, I mean if he checked on the window, like he said he did, and then went to question Debbie, he would have had to walk from the computer room (where the window is), and back into the kitchen. Here he has only 2 routes to the master bedroom...the shortest route would be through the door in the kitchen that leads to the hallway. The long route would be all the way back through the length of the kitchen, and then through the livingroom. Not sure why he would walk around when the door to the hallway was right there in the kitchen, kwim?

But at any rate, even walking through the kitchen on the way to the computer room and back again, he surely would have noticed Lisa's bedroom light on. Her bedroom is directly across from the doorway in the kitchen

To me, this does not automatically mean he would check the room. If my husband came home and saw baby's room light on, he would assume the baby had gotten me up, and I was in the process of changing him - maybe because he spit up, and was giving him a quick bath, or maybe I'd taken him to our room. He would likely look for me, assuming I had the baby. Only if he didn't find me might he go back to the room. That's my two cents. In other words, he'd just figure, "What's going on? Everybody's up. Where is everybody?" and he'd go in the most likely direction - our room.

Either way, it sure looks like a possible intruder had several paths to Lisa's room without detection.

After discovering that the front door was unlocked, window was screwy and all the lights were on, the hallway would be the most likely choice (as the kitchen and living room were covered when he walked in the front door). Still ... he may be inclined to check on his wife first ... then the children.

After discovering that the front door was unlocked, window was screwy and all the lights were on, the hallway would be the most likely choice (as the kitchen and living room were covered when he walked in the front door). Still ... he may be inclined to check on his wife first ... then the children.

I believe we heard a number of different versions regarding what he checked on first.

That intruder path looks perfect, Otto.

Gotta wonder though, what kind of intruder comes through a window, bothers to put the screen back in the window, flips on all the lights, and then exits the front door.

And yet, this is what the Irwin's tell us happened.

????

That intruder path looks perfect, Otto.

Gotta wonder though, what kind of intruder comes through a window, bothers to put the screen back in the window, flips on all the lights, and then exits the front door.

And yet, this is what the Irwin's tell us happened.

????
Plus MK - if you watched teh re-enactment with LE trying to climb through that window. Now, I agree - it would be fairly easy for someone to climb through it - BUT the window itself is a sash window and it just kept falling down on the guy climbing in. THAT wouldn't change and it would certainly make it harder to get through it and create a lot of noise when doing so.

JMHO

Plus MK - if you watched teh re-enactment with LE trying to climb through that window. Now, I agree - it would be fairly easy for someone to climb through it - BUT the window itself is a sash window and it just kept falling down on the guy climbing in. THAT wouldn't change and it would certainly make it harder to get through it and create a lot of noise when doing so.

JMHO

BBM

I saw the reenactment and, if it hadn't been done for such a serious situation, it would have been quite comical - no disrespect to anyone involved.

It showed that it wasn't as easy as just hefting yourself up on the windowsill and shooting through the window.

MOO

Oh man...I think I just figured out what the clicking sound was...the occillating fan beside Debbie's bed. If it fell over while still on occillate...click click click...

Cadaver dog hit at the foot of the bed...fan at the foot of the bed. :(

JMHO

Maybe the window was propped with a stick by an intruder.

Maybe the window was propped with a stick by an intruder.
Ok - good point. How would the intruder know that the window needed to be propped up? Unless the intruder tried it once and it fell down on the person - still makes noise.

Junkies do stupid things all the time, and they tend to be skinny. The officer was not. JMO.

Also, if the intruder propped the window open and then left through the front door - that window would have been found still propped open with whatever was used. And it wasn't found that way.

Oh man...I think I just figured out what the clicking sound was...the occillating fan beside Debbie's bed. If it fell over while still on occillate...click click click...

Cadaver dog hit at the foot of the bed...fan at the foot of the bed. :(

BBM

Wow. I've had mine fall over, too, and you are exactly right.

Click, click, click, click, click - drives you nearly crazy in the small amount of time it takes to set it back upright.

ETA - That actually makes me feel a little bit sick.

Junkies do stupid things all the time, and they tend to be skinny. The officer was not. JMO.

BBM

Junkies - where did that come from???

A skinny junkie who new to bring along a stick. Not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bschultz26
Back