Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been catching up was off GRID somewhat past month.
A isolated vacation and just pure beautiful nature. Time to reflect Time to appreciate and a time to be thankful.

Now it's time to stand up and get the less fortunate the help they need.

Glad to see no hurricanes knock,on rock.....
Sad to see the Covid spread has reached far and wide.

Thank you to all who continues to post in this thread.

You all matter
Your Voices should be heard
Vote Vote
Stay safe
Steph/out

The Florida Department of Health lists Florida cities in order of most cases:

1. Miami/unincorporated Dade

2. Orlando

3. Tampa

4. Jacksonville

5. Hialeah

6. Fort Lauderdale

7. Hollywood

8. West Palm Beach

9. Saint Petersburg

10. Fort Myers

Orlando ranks second in total COVID-19 cases in state
It’s really unbelievable how this has gotten unnecessarily out of control - we should have had masks mandatory when the stay home order was lifted - and we still don’t it is up to individual cities and counters and the people
JMO

Anyone with sense knew that Florida was a train wreck waiting to happen. The combo of elderly, minorities, widespread poverty, Indian reservations, and huge underground population of illegals was like a bundle of dry kindling. Added with extreme high population density areas, elder care homes, and widespread apartment buildings.

I knew that the numbers had been "off" since March. They made zero sense with the population base. The fact that they were manipulating the data, from the beginning, and then making re-opening decisions based on flawed data...well, this is the result. Out of control freight train with no brakes, full throttle downhill.

And it could have been prevented, if there had been honesty and transparency from the beginning.

Our state’s cases are rising like crazy on a daily basis, and the influx of many more coming to our state in the near future makes it even scarier.

It is hard to believe that we aren’t on this list... get it together gov!!!

https://www.newsweek.com/which-stat...ansas-pennsylvania-oregon-coronavirus-1515249

Which states require masks everywhere?
  1. California
  2. Connecticut
  3. Delaware
  4. Hawaii
  5. Illinois Maine
  6. Kansas
  7. Maryland
  8. Massachusetts
  9. Michigan
  10. Nevada
  11. New Jersey
  12. New Mexico
  13. New York
  14. North Carolina
  15. Oregon
  16. Pennsylvania
  17. Rhode Island
  18. Texas
  19. Virginia
  20. Washington
  21. Washington, D.C.

Our state’s cases are rising like crazy on a daily basis, and the influx of many more coming to our state in the near future makes it even scarier.

It is hard to believe that we aren’t on this list... get it together gov!!!

https://www.newsweek.com/which-stat...ansas-pennsylvania-oregon-coronavirus-1515249

Which states require masks everywhere?
  1. California
  2. Connecticut
  3. Delaware
  4. Hawaii
  5. Illinois Maine
  6. Kansas
  7. Maryland
  8. Massachusetts
  9. Michigan
  10. Nevada
  11. New Jersey
  12. New Mexico
  13. New York
  14. North Carolina
  15. Oregon
  16. Pennsylvania
  17. Rhode Island
  18. Texas
  19. Virginia
  20. Washington
  21. Washington, D.C.

Have they turned "mask mandate" into a political issue? Those are all Democratic states, aside from Texas?!

Horrifying.

Attachments

• 600px-United_States_Governors_map.svg.png
    600px-United_States_Governors_map.svg.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 5
It's also your county and city elected officials.
In my city and county in FL. Mask is mandatory and fine's of 1st to 3rd offence is given by LE. and or authorities.. You can not enter most businesses with out them.
My city and county is a big FL College town.
With a Major Hospital and plenty of assisted living and nursing homes.
We shut down in March due to 24 college students coming back from out of country back to town.
Nothing is 100% but I am glad you all on this thread can spread the word.
Nobody I know or in my circle or family has tested positive.
My heart is sadden for my Florida neighbors who have due to stupidly, greed and just plan foolishness. A lot of us have taken this seriously since March. It's not fair to those who practice safety.
Keep your circle small

The Point, June 24, 2020: Alachua County Cracks Down With Mandatory Mask Policy – WUFT News

It's also your county and city elected officials.
In my city and county in FL. Mask is mandatory and fine's of 1st to 3rd offence is given by LE. and or authorities.. You can not enter most businesses with out them.
My city and county is a big FL College town.
With a Major Hospital and plenty of assisted living and nursing homes.
We shut down in March due to 24 college students coming back from out of country back to town.
Nothing is 100% but I am glad you all on this thread can spread the word.
Nobody I know or in my circle or family has tested positive.
My heart is sadden for my Florida neighbors who have due to stupidly, greed and just plan foolishness. A lot of us have taken this seriously since March. It's not fair to those who practice safety.
Keep your circle small

The Point, June 24, 2020: Alachua County Cracks Down With Mandatory Mask Policy – WUFT News
My county has mandated masks too...although I still see folks without them.

The problem with not making it a statewide mandate is that folks travel from one county into another. It needs to be a statewide mandate at the very least to try to control this.

Meanwhile...on the Disney FB pages I frequent, people are going bananas that they can't get the park reservations they want because they are already full to capacity. (Passholder preview days are July 9 and 10, parks begin to open July 11.)
This is utterly shocking! Is the plan still on to open Disney?

This is utterly shocking! Is the plan still on to open Disney?
YEP! The Passholder preview days are this Thursday and Friday (July 9 and 10), Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom open July 11, Epcot and Hollywood Studios open July 15. You had to get an advance park reservation and they are full to capacity. Of course, it is lower capacity than normal...I've read 20-30%. Magic Kingdom at 25% capacity is roughly 14,000 people.

Disney buses are already back in service to transport guests from their hotels to Disney Springs. I think the monorail and ferry start running again on the 7th and the skyliner is due to start on the 15th.

And it's not just locals that are going. My FB groups are full of Disney lovers from all over who are coming into FL to go to Disney. And then they will be returning home to their communities, if you catch my drift.

YEP! The Passholder preview days are this Thursday and Friday (July 9 and 10), Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom open July 11, Epcot and Hollywood Studios open July 15. You had to get an advance park reservation and they are full to capacity. Of course, it is lower capacity than normal...I've read 20-30%. Magic Kingdom at 25% capacity is roughly 14,000 people.

Disney buses are already back in service to transport guests from their hotels to Disney Springs. I think the monorail and ferry start running again on the 7th and the skyliner is due to start on the 15th.

And it's not just locals that are going. My FB groups are full of Disney lovers from all over who are coming into FL to go to Disney. And then they will be returning home to their communities, if you catch my drift.
I was alerted to some comments from the Disney message boards by a friend and decided to check them out. Instead of worrying about safety measures, the members are complaining about having difficulty getting into their favorite attractions/restaurants. It is like an alternate universe. :(

My good friend, perfectly healthy 46 year old woman, was diagnosed with shingles in her ear earlier this week. Completely out of the blue and goes to prove how quickly one can become immune comprised. Fortunately, it isn’t contagious. She’s good about wearing her mask too.

I had already made her 2 masks that she’s been alternating. As soon as she told me what the doctor said, I put together 3 more masks for her. Now she can go back to work with a mask for each day. She’s from Chicago so Cubs & Bears for her!

(I’m also putting together some other prints.)

Attachments

• F308535B-D42C-461C-871A-061C4CDF0EEB.jpeg
    F308535B-D42C-461C-871A-061C4CDF0EEB.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 6
On Saturday, I got up at 5:30am, met a girlfriend at the beach for sunrise. There may have been 10 cars in the parking lot, maybe 15 people with most of them doing an early morning walk. You can do the beach, you just have to be smart about it. Even my friend and I were probably 6-8‘ apart. We set our things around us to encourage people to stay away.

Florida topped 200,000 coronavirus cases as nation marked a different July 4th
US coronavirus: Florida saw record high new cases as nation marked a different July Fourth - CNN

(CNN) - Florida surpassed 200,000 cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, following the Fourth of July holiday during which the state recorded its most cases reported in a single day.

At least 40,000 cases have been reported by the Florida Department of Health in the last four days. On Saturday, the Sunshine State reported 11,458 cases, the most reported in a single day, beating the previous record that was set on Thursday.

The state has now surpassed New York's previous single-day high of 11,434, which was recorded in mid-April.

Florida is in denial - I’m so done with the idiots who held 4th of July parties, the beaches and now Disney - I will stay home except for work and essential groceries but I fear for my fellow Floridians
11,500 - sigh

Alert Sports
SMH
Side Eye

Professional Sports Across Florida Continue Experiencing Effects Of COVID-19

As professional sports like Major League Baseball, the NBA, and Major League Soccer prepare to return to action in Florida, the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to reverberate.

The Miami Marlins say four players have tested positive for the coronavirus, including one during this week’s screening that preceded the start of summer camp.

The NBA announced the schedule Saturday for scrimmages at the Walt Disney World complex near Orlando, with 33 games set for between July 22 and July 28.

Each of the 22 teams that will be part of the season restart has been scheduled for three games.

All three arenas at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex that will be used for the restart will also play host to the scrimmages.

There will be between three and six games per day during that six-day span. The season will officially resume with the start of seeding games on July 30.

Teams begin arriving at Disney for a brief quarantine followed by the start of their training camps on Tuesday.

These kids are in a county that has been hard hit. There’s a lot of uninsured folks. So scary, it’s going to be interesting when they return to school.

https://www.bradenton.com/news/coronavirus/article244010997.html

A total of 929 children have been tested in Manatee since the start of the pandemic, for a positivity rate of 35.7%, more than 10 percentage points higher than a week earlier.

By comparison, the county’s overall positivity rate as of Saturday was 8%. The county has a total of 3,716 cases, as of Sunday.

Read more here: https://www.bradenton.com/news/coronavirus/article244010997.html#storylink=cpy

Florida is in denial - I’m so done with the idiots who held 4th of July parties, the beaches and now Disney - I will stay home except for work and essential groceries but I fear for my fellow Floridians
11,500 - sigh
I was shocked as I was leaving the beach at how closely together some of the awnings were. Even if a group had just family with a few friends, they’re set up was too close to another group’s set up. I agree they’re in denial. Maybe when they drop like flies they’ll get it.

I go to the beach when it’s nearly empty, to the grocery store rarely, drive thru food pick ups are touch less, doctor appts, etc. It's not that hard to be safe. It just takes a moment or two to plan out your errands for safety’s sake!

I was alerted to some comments from the Disney message boards by a friend and decided to check them out. Instead of worrying about safety measures, the members are complaining about having difficulty getting into their favorite attractions/restaurants. It is like an alternate universe. :(

I think if the virus hasn't hit you in a personal way, you are not doing what you are supposed to do. As for Disney opening, shame on them. I know they employ thousands of people but they are putting thousands more at risk. For most people they can get this virus and recover, but it's that small percentage that won't. Just my thoughts on all of this.

Florida coronavirus: More than 6,300 new cases reported

the numbers are staggering IMO. Most everyone was wearing a mask at Lowe's and Publix this past weekend so I was glad about that. But in my own neighborhood I saw lots of cars and parties going on - definitely more than 10 and I suppose they could have been social distancing but I saw several families get out of their cars without masks for one house party - some people still don't seem to get it.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KKE20101
Back