Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida immediately suspends alcohol sales at bars

The executive order — issued Friday by Halsey Beshears, secretary for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation — takes effect immediately.

It’s likely that Gov. Ron DeSantis will address the executive order during a news conference in Fort Myers at 2 p.m.

Texas and Florida close bars to combat COVID-19 spread

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered the bar shutdown as the state health department reported 8,942 new COVID-19 cases, shattering the previous record of 5,508 set just two days ago.

But DeSantis, who has been resisting calls to slow down the reopening of his state, left it to Halsey Beshears, the Secretary of Department of Business and Professional Regulation, to convey his message in a tweet.

Last edited:
DBPR went over the Governors head. Its the only way Florida is going to get control again. Gov. has said he won't shut it down again. Bet he's not a happy camper today.
have a hunch that as same as in the early days,
DeSantis didn't want his favorite happy hour
joints to close up.
Just like he was begging child care facilities to
re-open cause his wife (with 3 young children)
couldn't deal with kids at home all day.

Florida immediately suspends alcohol sales at bars

The executive order — issued Friday by Halsey Beshears, secretary for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation — takes effect immediately.

It’s likely that Gov. Ron DeSantis will address the executive order during a news conference in Fort Myers at 2 p.m.

Texas and Florida close bars to combat COVID-19 spread

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered the bar shutdown as the state health department reported 8,942 new COVID-19 cases, shattering the previous record of 5,508 set just two days ago.

But DeSantis, who has been resisting calls to slow down the reopening of his state, left it to Halsey Beshears, the Secretary of Department of Business and Professional Regulation, to convey his message in a tweet.

I Don't believe that... he's trying to cover his azz to not look like a moron after saying he wouldn't close anything back up yesterday.

I just don’t see how the governor or the Department of Education can expect to “safely” reopen schools without a statewide mandate regarding masks. There is not that much time left to get things under control by then, even with the news today.

So many children go to private schools in Florida. I bet that mask wearing will be mandatory. Miami also has a significant number of "Choice Schools", such as "Spanish Immersion" programs, I will hazard a guess that if it is left up to the schools, each principal or superintendent will decide what is appropriate for their school.

Belle Glade is primarily an African American community. It would be insanity not to wear masks there. It seems like black people are particularly vulnerable to Covid.

Lake Worth & Belle Glade considered "hot spots" for COVID-19

This article is so full of garbage. Folks in Belle Glade and Lake Worth don't have a "language barrier", unless it is the fact that they don't speak Spanish! (You have to live in Miami to get that joke.).

Believe me, no Hispanics live in Belle Glade, or Lake Worth! Not many Haitians in those areas either. Whatever.

Last edited:
Florida coronavirus: More than 8,500 new cases Sunday

The Florida Department of Health on Sunday reported more than 8,500 new cases of coronavirus, marking the third straight day more than 8,500 new cases have been reported.

The new cases bring the statewide total to 140,075.

I just clicked on a YouTube the gov talking...had to turn off. Worth turning on for the comments....all about the same as us here....blah, blah, blah...excuse after excuse.

Last edited:
Well BUF, I listened to the whole PC thinking he would surely have some new plan...NOPE..
nada. Not one new plan or change. Same old.
Daytona Beach has mandated masks in public.
One bar was tracked and had 80+ positive cases
resulting and those are just the initial cases.
DeSantis is hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member