Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know what I did yesterday was a meatloaf. And I can't believe I did it, it's so hot, but I did it anyway, lol. Ground beef, little milk, egg, panko, lotsa ketchup, ground mustard (generous), Worcestershire (generous), s&p of course, very generous garlic powder & onion powder. Couple of hits of tabasco. Big ole dollop anchovy paste. We did the meatloaf muffins, they cook faster. Sooo good, was glad I went heavier on the ketchup than usual, it tasted awesome. It was on the wetter side when I mixed it up, but it turned out great. Did no veggies with it this time and I thought I got a much better result. I think I might mix some onion soup mix into that next time, and some better than bouillon. Missed having actual green pepper and onion in there, but not that much, and when I do the green pep in there (celery and so forth), it gets way too wet and sometimes even crumbly. Happy with that one, lol.
My 'secret' ingredient in meatloaf is diced celery and a small amount of celery salt, also a small amount of diced sweet onions. It adds flavor and a little bit of texture.
If it is too watery, use less milk. Milk doesn't really add much flavor
MMMMMM

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I am realizing that was sort of a downer of a post :confused:

How about ideas for different float combinations? I love a good classic root beer float but am wondering about other combinations for ice cream & soda.
Red creaming soda and vanilla is a great combination.

Ginger beer in a float is surprisingly good.

Sorry guys, I am realizing that was sort of a downer of a post :confused:

How about ideas for different float combinations? I love a good classic root beer float but am wondering about other combinations for ice cream & soda.
My dad worked at a drugstore soda fountain/ice cream counter when he was in high school. He use to make different kinds of floats for us when we were kids.

Our favorite was a Black Cow.

In a frosted glass, put 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Add one cup of Coca Cola and one tablespoon heavy cream. Then add a scoop of chocolate ice cream and a straw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odyssey2024
Back