Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We had 18 guests for Birthday lunch last week.

Needed a simple recipe which didnt involve too much prepping and cooking.

Finally opted for Ina Garten's lemon and thyme grilled chicken with satay sauce. From Barefoot Contessa cookbook. Hadnt made it for several years, but always went down well.

Marinaded chicken in lemon juice and thyme, olive oil and black pepper and left overnight.

I fried it in my wok in batches before guests arrived. Then put it in oven dishes with slices of lemon on
top.

Made my own Satay sauce, simpler than Ina's and served with jazmín rice, mixed with onion, sliced almonds, sesame seeds and a dash of sesame oil.

Cucumber, radish salad on little gem leaves.

Guests brought some fabulous desserts which we served with a fruit platter (mixture of the tropical fruits from here, plus imported kiwi, raspberries and blackberries).

As we are never sure what time or how many will turn up...we always have some dips, bread, olives etc.

En fin, we had a good time!

We had 18 guests for Birthday lunch last week.

Needed a simple recipe which didnt involve too much prepping and cooking.

Finally opted for Ina Garten's lemon and thyme grilled chicken with satay sauce. From Barefoot Contessa cookbook. Hadnt made it for several years, but always went down well.

Marinaded chicken in lemon juice and thyme, olive oil and black pepper and left overnight.

I fried it in my wok in batches before guests arrived. Then put it in oven dishes with slices of lemon on
top.

Made my own Satay sauce, simpler than Ina's and served with jazmín rice, mixed with onion, sliced almonds, sesame seeds and a dash of sesame oil.

Cucumber, radish salad on little gem leaves.

Guests brought some fabulous desserts which we served with a fruit platter (mixture of the tropical fruits from here, plus imported kiwi, raspberries and blackberries).

As we are never sure what time or how many will turn up...we always have some dips, bread, olives etc.

En fin, we had a good time!
Ina Garten never fails me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake