DNA Solves

Attachments

• IMG_5533.jpeg
    IMG_5533.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5535.jpeg
    IMG_5535.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 21
Took kiddo out for her birthday dinner. She had the eggplant dish and her appetizer was spicy feta dip. They brought her baklava & ice cream with caramel sauce.

I had the Meze Platter with lots of stuff on it. It makes 3 meals for me!
Is this your daughter who is going to veterinary school in Grenada?

Is this your daughter who is going to veterinary school in Grenada?
Yes! She leaves Aug 8th. Her sister is going with her. That way she has help figuring out the buses, getting her dorm set up, buying groceries, etc.

I was asking her last night about how she’ll handle food prep, finding safe foods, etc. She tried to get a dorm assignment with other girls with food allergies. But the school housing people didn’t honor any of the girls’ requests!

I know her big sister will advocate for her if there’s any hope that something will change.

Yes! She leaves Aug 8th. Her sister is going with her. That way she has help figuring out the buses, getting her dorm set up, buying groceries, etc.

I was asking her last night about how she’ll handle food prep, finding safe foods, etc. She tried to get a dorm assignment with other girls with food allergies. But the school housing people didn’t honor any of the girls’ requests!

I know her big sister will advocate for her if there’s any hope that something will change.
I had planned to give you details about a restaurant in Grenada that we visited twice during cruises so your daughter could enjoy some authentic Caribbean cruise. When I heard about damage in Grenada during one of the recent tropical storms, I checked to see if BB's Crabback was still open. Looks like they've closed permanently :( I suspect they were hit hard during the pandemic because most of their guests were passengers from cruise ships and/or island resorts. What I'll always remember about Grenada is the lush vegetation and the almost-overwhelming aromas of various spices for which the island is famous, especially cinnamon and nutmeg.

Safe travels for your girls and best wishes for your younger daughter's success in veterinary school.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back