For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and the experts cancelled each other out on the chloroform: both with the air sample testing (more consistent with gasoline), and the carpet sample ("insignificant" levels according to FBI).

As for the duct tape, the OCME office stated in their report that it can be inferred (i.e. not "determined", not a fact, not the only possible conclusion) that the duct tape was over the mouth and nose pre-mortem.

Judge Perry also said that a reasonable inferencecould be made by the jury that Caylee drowned, and thus allowed the defense team to use the drowning accident theory in their closing.

The State had to prove both that a homicide occured and that Casey was the perp.

They proved neither.

The jury followed their instructions correctly.

That is your opinion.

The jurors did NOT follow their instructions correctly, imo. One of the jurors was questioning manslaughter's definition and reasons for that verdict yesterday. Apparently she didn't get it.

There was a search for "shovel", along with "death", chloroform", how to make chloroform, neck breaking, ruptured spleen, hand to hand combat, etc. Yes, a plain old search for shovel is strange. But all of these searches together lead me to believe that KC had murder on her mind.

I think it was GA lol.

I think the original poster was stating an opinion not a fact. The discussion was about the search words and the OP stated that she thought maybe the searchers were what a "gamer" would use. I took it as an OT comment. Maybe they will come back and explain but that was my take on it.

Martha M, the OP, responded on post#2065.Perhaps MissJames was stating her opinion also?

I think it is a huge problem. When a prosecutor chooses to base a main contention of his case on a report he KNOWS is incorrect, that tells you something......and the fact that this is the second known time that Jeff Ashton has done this is very telling to me.

There is no justice or fairness when a prosecutor attempts to put a person to death by presenting as fact something he has been informed is incorrect.

If that exculpatory evidence was intentionally suppressed, that is way beyond sloppiness, at least in my opinion.

I think they used it because they believed it would sway the jury in their direction. I think they were also convinced that Jose Baez was a joke and would not be able to effectively bring the truth about the search to the jury.

Who said Casey was afraid to testify? We have a constitutional right in USA not to take the stand in our defense, and the jury is forbidden to read anything negative into that decision.

Not innocent is not a choice! It is guilty or not guilty....

Totally agree.

I disagree. JMHO!

There has got to be some recourse a person can take when a prosecutor tries to have that person put to death while intentionally suppressing exculpatory evidence.

I think the searches are irrelevant. They were done MONTHS before Caylee disappeared, and the prosecutor failed to prove Casey is the one who did the searches.

I think the search for the shovel is completely irrelevant. First of all, it is beyond my imagination that anyone would have to search "shovel" to plan a murder....no one is that stupid. It makes much more sense to me that the household may have been in need of a shovel and wanted to see the types/costs. If you google "shovel" it leads to that type of information, not how to bury a murder victim or anything!

Do you think the search for "shovel" led Casey to borrow one from her neighbor months later? To me, that just doesn't make any sense at all. I think the search and the borrowing are completely unrelated.

I personally don't expect DNA on every single item. But the unidentified marker on the tape does bother me.

:rocker:

BBm Your right I just re-read the closing and they did not mention the searches. It was in the opening statements.

I have no idea what either side knew or didn't know. Hopefully we all find out.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28083402/detail.html

Day 37 6/23/2011 part 8
LDB cross examining CA mentions 84 times at 26:18, 26:25, and 26:37

I don't recall whether or not the 84 times was mentioned in OS, but I did find it mentioned at the times above.

It's pretty apparent now that the Defense team was better at reading the potential jurors than the Prosecution team.

The defense's attack on and undermining of every aspect of the State's case has been discussed in this thread throroughly.

What part of the State's case was compelling enough, and not contradicted by the defense, to yield proof beyond reasonable doubt that: (1) it was a homicide, and (2) Casey was the perp.

This is a huge thread, <modsnip>.

Honestly, the DT provided the most compelling evidence of guilt. Bringing in testimony about the Anthony pet burials blatantly pointed to Casey IMO. If she panicked after an accident, why not just say so, especially since the crime scene had undeniably been altered? Why make unbelievable accusations against GA and RK? I still can't figure this out, and can only assume Casey wanted no association whatsoever with the duct tape. Why not?

This is garbage. You don't know that she knew. She questioned CA the same day but before Stenger testified on the discrepancy.

As far as the rest of your post,

I don't agree with anything you said or insinuated, but maybe I need a tinfoil hat to get it.

It's highly ironic that the same people who are sure KC is not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt are on the other hand sure without almost any doubt that everyone else involved the case (except the DT) is guilty of some wrongdoing.

SS, you obviously didn't read the link that was included in my post that devilsadvocate was quoting. http://www.cacheback.ca/news/news_re...20110711-1.asp . If you read in the link you can see the dates june 16-19th that the OCSO as well as the SAO (she/her) was told and then check this link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138056&page=3 and go to post 74 you can verify that it was on june 23 that LDB was pounding CA with the 84 times! So therefore, at a minimum of 4-7 days the SAO (she/her) (see first link) absolutely knew that the reports were wrong and that chloroform was searched 1 TIME.

Martha M, the OP, responded on post#2065.Perhaps MissJames was stating her opinion also?

Wow.....

Hmm sorry I missed the comment and saw it after I posted. I was not being snarky just trying to be helpful and explain that I thought the OP was being OT.

And that explains how we got the verdict.Make up something ,like video games that no one even brought up as any kind of evidence,and ignore the real circumstantial evidence.
I think that's exactly what this jury did,also,based the interviews with the foreman and #3.
Cheers !
:seeya:
I'd &#9829; to explain!!!

If you are a girl to even attempt to win
against ther boys you NEED cheat codes!

20yo daughter 18 yo son. Cheat codes are very important.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ygm8aK4TUjs?rel=0

^^^ This video is g rated the "real" games are
worse than most movies IMO

Fable Xbox Cheats

Xbox 360 Game Help; IGN Game Guides · Reader Walkthroughs · Cheats & Codes .... During co-op, you can use the weapon codes to alter the weapon used for drive-bys. .... Vehicle of Death. Whatever vehicle the player is using becomes ...
More videos for weapons death codes x box »
<LI class=g>
Gameplay Series: Weapons & Death - Xbox.commarketplace.xbox.com › ... › Red Dead Redemption - Cached

Feb 2, 2010 – Watch part two in the Red Dead Redemption Gameplay Video Series: Weapons & Death - a special in-depth look at Red Dead's shooting – all the ...

<LI class=g>
Call of Duty 5 World at War codes and cheats for all weapons, maps ...www.videogamesblogger.com/.../call-of-duty-5-world-at-war-codes... - Cached[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=569&bih=248&q=related:www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/11/14/call-of-duty-5-world-at-war-codes-and-cheats-for-all-weapons-maps-modes-and-perks-death-card-locations-shown.htm+weapons+death+codes+x+box&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=MjUmTvCoPMT20gHomLG7Cg&ved=0CFsQHzAJ"]Similar[/ame]
www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/Xbox/fable.html - Cached[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS362US362&biw=569&bih=248&q=related:www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/Xbox/fable.html+x+box+gamer+shove+neck+breaking&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=QjMmTv-lL6T00gG79uXQCg&ved=0CD4QHzAF"]Similar[/ame]
Then break the door down, and put up a trophy on the trophy case. ...... Then turn around to face away from the area again and use the shovel again. .... if it worked, he should be headless and have blood squirting out his neck. ...... When you find a key,save the game,either turn off the x-box,quit and go back on ...

Attachments

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 2
SS, you obviously didn't read the link that was included in my post that devilsadvocate was quoting. http://www.cacheback.ca/news/news_re...20110711-1.asp . If you read in the link you can see the dates june 16-19th that the OCSO as well as the SAO (she/her) was told and then check this link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138056&page=3 and go to post 74 you can verify that it was on june 23 that LDB was pounding CA with the 84 times! So therefore, at a minimum of 4-7 days the SAO (she/her) (see first link) absolutely knew that the reports were wrong and that chloroform was searched 1 TIME.

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/CacheBack-errors-0719.pdf

Here is a press release from the state regarding the cacheback story we have been talking about.
According to this the state did no wrong.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28083402/detail.html

Day 37 6/23/2011 part 8
LDB cross examining CA mentions 84 times at 26:18, 26:25, and 26:37

I don't recall whether or not the 84 times was mentioned in OS, but I did find it mentioned at the times above.

The prosecution's cross examination of CA occurred June 23, as stated above.

According to the New York Times, Mr. Bradley contacted the prosecution about the error in the software on the weekend of June 25, after LDB's questioning of CA.

In their closing statements in July Baez condemned the prosecution for bringing up the contradicted evidence of 84 searches for chloroform and this was not rebutted by the prosecution. By this time the prosecution knew they had made a mistake and by not rebutting Baez on this important point, they implicitly, if not explicitly disavowed their prior evidence.

As I remember their closing arguments, they based their case for premeditated murder on the three pieces of duct tape, not on the search for chloroform.

Overall I see evidence of prosecutorial sloppiness, which came back to bite them, but not of intentional deceit.

It's pretty apparent now that the Defense team was better at reading the potential jurors than the Prosecution team.
Didn't FCA oe CKCA or CFCA --- what the heck am I supposed to use???
Have a say in her defense?

To agree with the jurors verdict is to totally ignore everything the State showed and argued.

To agree with the jurors verdict is to not listen to everything the talking heads said and take it to heart. To agree with the jurors verdict you have to have weighed the evidence and listened to every witness, prosecution or defense. To agree with the jurors verdict, even though we might not like the outcome is to respect the system that is in place.

Honestly, the DT provided the most compelling evidence of guilt. Bringing in testimony about the Anthony pet burials blatantly pointed to Casey IMO.

Yeah, it was bizarre to me that they would bring it up themselves. I wonder if the prosecution should have brought it up first, because it's as though the jury may have thought since the defense brought it up then it must not go to her guilt.

I did like LDB's cross though, something like, "Did you ever duct tape the mouth of a pet?" "Did you ever toss a pet in a swamp?"

So since the record has been corrected and the truth is out lets run with the facts. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De0911