For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the opinions of those who agree with the verdict. I'm stuck on this one point though. It may be possible someone would panic after an accident and try to cover it up. But for 3 years? A person would sit in jail for 3 years and trust their fate to a jury rather than tell the truth about a terrible accident which happened?

I wouldn't do that. You wouldn't do that. Most people wouldn't do that. But Casey Anthony would.

That is one mess of a family.

I don't agree with the verdict - she should have gotten aggravated child abuse. However the things that I think helped the defense cast reasonable doubt:

1. River Cruz and "an accident that snowballed out of control"

2. Friends and Family stating she was a "good mother".

3. The grief expert - "there is no normal way to grieve".

4. Anthony's pet burial ritual - bags and duct tape - to show duct tape was not murder weapon.

5. Kronk - I have always been uncomfy with the kronk issue.

6. George's suicide letter - showing guilt? Did HHJP give the DT the idea?

7. JB's opening statement - it really kind of made you think "Hmmm.." even though there was no evidence to support it.

8. Cashback computer report - 84 myspace searches not chloroform

9. Ricardo Morales myspace picture "win her over with chloroform".

10. Forensic guy who testified in favour of DT re: flies in trunk.

11. JB dragging this case out for weeks and twisting facts around.

12. JB's smoozing with the jury every am and acting like he was being picked on by big bully JA.

13. Keeping ICA off of the witness stand.

14. "so what - she is a *advertiser censored* and a liar - not a murderer per JB.

These are the things that gave me an uneasy feeling.

Oh boy...it would take an entire thread to explain how I came about my verdict. I will make it short.

I knew nothing about this case until the trial. I read a bit here when it first happened and I have to admit because of that I had a bad impression of GA, CA, and Big brother. Hell for along time I thought one of them was the father of Caylee :). I didn't watch any TV coverage until the trial. I read here and watched the trial however I didn't dare to post..it was pretty scary if you didn't believe what the SA was trying to feed us.

1. The Family. GA I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. Being combative with the DT and then crying 5 mins later with the SA? I don't buy it. The affair and the attempted suicide. The suicide I will not post my thoughts however I don't buy it. Read the letter, saw the writing and something isn't right.

2. The duct tape. They never put the duct tape in Casey's hands. They never showed receipts for purchases of anything that was found at the scene.

3. The clothes she was found in. GA stated that the last time he saw her she was wearing something else. Where did these clothes come from?

4. Roy Cronk. You all call him a "hero", I say something is very odd with him and how he found the body. Now that I know his history a bit I say something is fishy with the whole thing but hey maybe he is a hero. I do think he moved the body but didn't mean to.

5. The Sticker that was there and then gone. If you want me to believe something you had better have a picture of it.

6. The "experts". IMO they all confused the testimony. I could follow most of it however the SA experts crossed out the DT experts and visa versa. The "banding" bothered me but I have to admit I did look it up and now I do know it's still in the early stages and shouldn't have been used in this case.

7. The car and "air" samples. Same as above. If there wasn't garbage in the car I would probably think differently. They did not prove to me that there was ever a body in that trunk. ICA did not guard the car or the trunk. That was a big flag to me. She wasn't acting odd either, another big flag to me. The testimony on this just did not equate to a body being in the car.

8. The Bugs..those pesky little bugs. Once again the experts crossed each other out. I know almost enough about bugs to become an expert in a case :). Not kidding.

9. No DNA, no receipts, cannot place her at the scene, and the odd behavior was partying and showing no remorse that Caylee was missing. Oh and the lies. Now either ICA has lied throughout her entire life or something went very wrong in her mind..or she was covering for someone else. All I know is that I have never seen anyone so quick to lie in my entire life. None of this made sense to me and I didn't have a choice to deem her "insane" and they didn't prove to me that she has lied for years. Only in the period that Caylee was missing. I often thought she was handed a script and told to follow it..and IMO that person is GA.

10. The Jail house tapes. You say this shows the evil side of her. I say this shows how very very strange this family is. You can take ICA's anger 2 ways. #1 which all of you believe is that she is a spoiled brat or #2 Which I think is possible is that she is very "angry" at her family for something. The comment about it being an accident and she said "surprise surprise" really made me think...and once again we are back to the family and how strange things were.

I do think ICA needs help and I hope she gets it. I hope the DT encourages her to do so and I hope she stays away from her family. No matter who is at fault with that relationship I think they are all better off not being with each other.

I respect the opinions of those who agree with the verdict. I'm stuck on this one point though. It may be possible someone would panic after an accident and try to cover it up. But for 3 years? A person would sit in jail for 3 years and trust their fate to a jury rather than tell the truth about a terrible accident which happened?

Honestly, I'm not debating those who believe the jury verdict was correct. I'm simply trying to understand how you fit all the pieces together. Thank you.

IMO it was an accident that "snowballed" out of control and by the time she could tell the truth it was too late. For some reason I think she was given a script to follow and she did that. By the time she realized that she would be blamed for the accident it was too late to come clean.

I will however keep saying that I hope she receives some help before she steps into the world again. Whether she didn't do this, did it alone or with help she is a very sick person...

Remember this too..the jury didnt say she was innocent, they just said there wasnt enough evidence to convict her without reasonable doubt...2 different things..

IMO it was an accident that "snowballed" out of control and by the time she could tell the truth it was too late. For some reason I think she was given a script to follow and she did that. By the time she realized that she would be blamed for the accident it was too late to come clean.

I will however keep saying that I hope she receives some help before she steps into the world again. Whether she didn't do this, did it alone or with help she is a very sick person...

A sociopath can't be helped and she steps into the world on Thursday.

Anybody who believes her to be innocent is in la la land. I hope they never feel the wrath of the likes of that inmate.

I just wonder if/when the jurors hear all the information that was not allowed to be brought into court, like the fight the night Caylee was last seen, and the million of other things, if at that time they will change their minds. I just can't wrap my head around why evidence is not allowed in at times, to me if it was done during the time of the crime, it just has to be let in. If we are to judge fairly then we need to know all the facts. I don't think I will ever understand any of the jurors point of view on their decisions. It is amazing that out of thousands of people that believe she is guilty, that 12 people all say NOT guilty, not one of them stood up to say not guilty, that is what is so hard for me.

I just wonder if/when the jurors hear all the information that was not allowed to be brought into court, like the fight the night Caylee was last seen, and the million of other things, if at that time they will change their minds. I just can't wrap my head around why evidence is not allowed in at times, to me if it was done during the time of the crime, it just has to be let in. If we are to judge fairly then we need to know all the facts. I don't think I will ever understand any of the jurors point of view on their decisions. It is amazing that out of thousands of people that believe she is guilty, that 12 people all say NOT guilty, not one of them stood up to say not guilty, that is what is so hard for me.

BBM I doubt it would change anything. This Jury was totally sold on the DT's opening statements.

I wish that people would stop hounding the jury about their verdict. I would hope that they are not harrassed in anyway either. Leave them alone, and others should not condone their harrassment either. Someone else posted in another thread about an obscene sign greeting them on their way home. I think that people should shift the blame game from the jury to the prosecution, as the jury was not responsible for what evidence was presented in court. I agree with Lisa's post above, perhaps if they had been shown additional evidence, it would have mattered, but they were not, and that fault lies with the prosecution.

The DT is NOT going to encourage her to get help. They think she is just fine. They believe she should be walking free.

Casey is going to be pregnant within the year. She is also going to cash in and make a million bucks or so immediately upon her release for the film and book deals. She is going to live in a big house and have a REAL nanny and be the same narcissistic sociopath as before, only this time she will be a rich and famous one. imoo

I don't agree with the verdict, but I respect it. I have to. Our system isn't perfect, but it is our system. I would rather see a guilty person unfairly set free than have an innocent person unfairly imprisoned or worse... Note that I feel that this case falls into the former category.

I think it's so hard for those of us who have followed the case to separate all that we know from the relatively small fractions of it that the jury heard. I think the state did a really respectable job with the evidence they had, but it was a circumstantial case from the start. Unfortunately, Casey wasn't found out soon enough, and Caylee wasn't found soon enough...

I believe in karma. I have to. It's all that keeps me sane when the bad guys win. But I do not blame the jury or the SAO. MOO.

Remember this too..the jury didnt say she was innocent, they just said there wasnt enough evidence to convict her without reasonable doubt...2 different things..

I couldn't agree more!

For the record, I think she is a stone cold killer. I have been studying sociopaths too long not to peg her. I do respectfully appreciate all of the people here who gave their reasoning why she was found not guilty. And I can see your point on a lot of things.

I guess my judgement is jaded because I (and we all) know things that the jury did not have access to. That is something they will have to live with if they ever bother to delve into the material and find out the truth.

Two things bother me. (1) I think the prosecution was overzealous in their pursuit of the DP. She most definitely deserved it in my opinion, but too many jurors were opposed to it. They might have had a better shot at a lesser charge. (2) It really, really bothers me that the jury only spent 10 HOURS going over the evidence. I'm sorry, but that is not enough time to go over hundreds of pieces of evidence. So IMO they did NOT do their job. That's neither here nor there, it is over now. I think I could have handled their verdict better if I felt they at least gave it (and Caylee) the respect of looking at all the hard work the state put into it.

I do agree that people can do very peculiar things when they are grieving or freaking out. It was the sum of the all the peculiar things that got me. The "mama bear" in me wants to ring her neck for hurting her child, but if I try to distance myself and put myself in other people's shoes, I have to concede that just because somebody did not behave the way I would have, that is not a reason to convict. However, there was just too much to make me feel she was guilty of deliberatly hurting her child. I now believe she was angrier at George than she was Cindy, but she hurt that child in a fit of anger because of her hate for them and because she wanted to party. I think Caylee was acting up one particular time, she snapped, and she killed her. I really, honestly believe it was that simple. And she managed to get away with it.

I don't believe Casey was smart enough to think about the body becoming skeletonized and leaving no traces of anything, but others in the family were, in my opinion.

But the body was NOT hidden well...it was down the road..20 feet from the road...not even buried. Its sheer incompetance from the blundering LE that it wasn't found sooner.

I don't agree with the verdict, but I respect it. I have to. Our system isn't perfect, but it is our system. I would rather see a guilty person unfairly set free than have an innocent person unfairly imprisoned or worse... Note that I feel that this case falls into the former category.

I think it's so hard for those of us who have followed the case to separate all that we know from the relatively small fractions of it that the jury heard. I think the state did a really respectable job with the evidence they had, but it was a circumstantial case from the start. Unfortunately, Casey wasn't found out soon enough, and Caylee wasn't found soon enough...

I believe in karma. I have to. It's all that keeps me sane when the bad guys win. But I do not blame the jury or the SAO. MOO.

I've been stewing for 12 hours and you oh so eloquently expressed exactly how I feel. Thank you. :blowkiss:

The ONLY reason she was not convicted is because it took 6 months to find Caylee's little body.
All the evidence went away with the decomposition of her little body.

So, lesson of the day, you can get away with murder if you can hide the body long enough.

JMO

Good post....great planning by Casey to hide the body long enough, so that all the good evidence would go away with time. She really did her research and great planning/premeditation. She knew exactly what she was doing.

There's no way physically that the jury did all they were supposed to do to even get to the spot where they all agreed about no reasonable doubt. If the alternate can speak for most, then they didn't believe George, believed that cruz woman, yet didn't think Casey harmed her child! IMO, not getting in the thefts, Cindy thinking of taking custody, and not trying to prove that she did not plan to take Caylee anywhere that evening was the big mistake. I also blame the media and people like the Grunds, Padilla, and a few others who started this family dysfunction nonsense. They are still at it, too. It doesn't matter how dysfunctional a group is, each adult is responsible for his own actions. The jury believed the dysfunction is the cause of Casey not reporting an accident and totally discounted actual forensic evidence. Someone on FB said that it's as if the jurors believe the world is flat. It's true. New cutting edge evidence and research to prove crime yet some don't even try to make an effort in understanding. No real professionals on the jury either, some with only 11th grade education and criminal charges in their past. Big mistake.

But the body was NOT hidden well...it was down the road..20 feet from the road...not even buried. Its sheer incompetance from the blundering LE that it wasn't found sooner.

Oh, but it was underwater. No one can go out in knee deep or calf deep water to look at an obvious black trash bag. Of course it's well known that no one ever puts a body in those things (sarcasm).

Good post....great planning by Casey to hide the body long enough, so that all the good evidence would go away with time. She really did her research and great planning/premeditation. She knew exactly what she was doing.

In my opinion, it wasn't the crime itself that was flawless. It was the fact that CA and GA covered up the evidence. For example, the cops should have been called as soon as George smelled that trunk at the tow yard. Instead, they took the car home, and cleaned it out. Cindy also washed those pants that KC supposedly wore the day Caylee went missing which were in that car. Those pants, could have tied KC to the dump site through soil comparisons. On top of that, Cindy gave LE the wrong brush to run hair samples from. All this added to the lack of forensic evidence that could have tied KC more completely to the crime.

On top of that, you have all the lies the Anthony's told in court. GA (an impeached witness) was the last to see KC and Caylee together. Thus, the jury could completely ignore his entire testimony if they saw fit. Thus, you would have no witnesses verifying KC as the last to be with Caylee before her death.

The jury refused GA's testimony, and that is why the verdict is what it is.

Honestly, I'm not debating those who believe the jury verdict was correct. I'm simply trying to understand how you fit all the pieces together. Thank you.

AND their family would let them sit in jail for 3 years and risk the d.p.

I do understand some of the doubts people have. I myself find computer searches done 3 months before a death rather unconvincing.

But I'm still waiting for an explanation for why someone takes an accident and makes it look like a murder. And then sits in jail for 3 years and risks the d.p. to maintain the charade.

That's the stuff of bad TV shows. Maybe we've all watched too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney