For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Casey just searched for "shovel"? That's it? Wouldn't you search for "shovel + something else"?

I'm confused. Casey just searched for "shovel"? That's it? Wouldn't you search for "shovel + something else"?

There was a search for "shovel", along with "death", chloroform", how to make chloroform, neck breaking, ruptured spleen, hand to hand combat, etc. Yes, a plain old search for shovel is strange. But all of these searches together lead me to believe that KC had murder on her mind.

Not even trying to argue here, but in a case where the SA constantly reiterated that the child was "thrown away like trash" and there was NO DIGGING, and NO BURIAL involved....a shovel is irrelevant. It was likely used to break into the shed, if used at all, to get the gas cans which ALSO tend to be irrelevant since she had taken them before and Caylee was perfectly fine at those times. Not even an important enough point to argue, but it is just an example of something that the SA spent a lot of time and discussion on when it was really unimportant and resulted, as in a number of other issues, in being a distraction from the facts that were relevant.

jmo

Bold by me... I hate to dredge this up again, but if Caylee's death was an accident, how do you account for the searches for "death" and "shovel", and how do you account for absolutely no outward fear or remorse at all after Caylee's death? And you say no one was buying what she was selling... I think her parents would have jumped on the accident bandwagon if she had said it was an accident.

I don't think she will ever admit any responsibility to her parents, not even of an accident...as far as remorse, etc...I can't get inside her head. It makes no sense how she acted afterward no matter how Caylee died, IMO.

Casey Anthony: Cursed with Freedom

I think these cartoons are more appropriate :)

editorial_20110709.jpg

mediaManager

varvel.jpg

"It appears the Orange County Sheriff’s Office intentionally suppressed exculpatory evidence that directly contradicted the State Attorney’s theory of premeditated murder in their attempt to have Casey convicted of First Degree Murder."
Now that both Cacheback and NetAnalysis have been updated to properly parse the Firefox 2 history file, what about those visits to the “chloroform.htm” page?

......snip......

this is going to be a big problem!

I think it is a huge problem. When a prosecutor chooses to base a main contention of his case on a report he KNOWS is incorrect, that tells you something......and the fact that this is the second known time that Jeff Ashton has done this is very telling to me.

There is no justice or fairness when a prosecutor attempts to put a person to death by presenting as fact something he has been informed is incorrect.

Nah, it won't be a problem. There's no proof of any malicious intent, just sloppiness. Besides, it did come out in trial the other analysis showed only one hit on that site. And she was acquitted anyway.

(P.S. As a juror, one visit would be enough for me to know anything relevant, and that once is not disputed. Casey visited that site after she googled "how to make chloraform." Unless she was writing a murder novel, she was up to no good.)

If that exculpatory evidence was intentionally suppressed, that is way beyond sloppiness, at least in my opinion.

Did SA use the "84 times" in the closing? I can't remember? Did they know then? Did they know before the opening? Why would they use it at all if they knew it really wasn't 84 times?

I think they used it because they believed it would sway the jury in their direction. I think they were also convinced that Jose Baez was a joke and would not be able to effectively bring the truth about the search to the jury.

so if she was not guilty, they why was she afraid to testify in court and speak the truth? ........snip.......

Who said Casey was afraid to testify? We have a constitutional right in USA not to take the stand in our defense, and the jury is forbidden to read anything negative into that decision.

IMHO, there is a difference between the judge's orders of using only the evidence presented in a courtroom, and your gut. The DNA evidence assumed to be so damning, was gone. There were so many lies in that family and household - no one knew who actually did the internet searches. Could have been any of them.

It makes me sick that she got away with murder. SICK. But as for what the jurors job was - it was to use the EVIDENCE presented in the courtroom. And because of all the lies and the decaying body - the evidence did not weigh.

Casey should have been proven not innocent. Or perhaps different charges, with different thresholds brought against her. But as it stands, she was simply "not proven" guilty. and because of double-jeopardy, she can't be tried again for the same crime.

Shameful.

Not innocent is not a choice! It is guilty or not guilty....

Sandra may have apologized but that doesn't excuse that the SAO was fully aware that the 84 times was not correct and continued to use that FALSE information in a DP case where they claimed that this very piece of information was part of the MURDER WEAPON! Unexcusable IMO

Totally agree.

BBM Yep, he is a very skilled Attorney. He did an excellent job with the expert witnesses on both sides.

I disagree. JMHO!

Considering KC's mother testified she was the one doing these searches to begin with, what do you think Jose can sue the state for?

There has got to be some recourse a person can take when a prosecutor tries to have that person put to death while intentionally suppressing exculpatory evidence.

What? Irrelevant? All of the suspect searches took place in March. Are you saying all of those searches are irrelevant?

I think the searches are irrelevant. They were done MONTHS before Caylee disappeared, and the prosecutor failed to prove Casey is the one who did the searches.

What?? The search for shovel in March is absolutely not irrelevant in a case where a young girl died and was found thrown in the woods, and her mother just happened to back into the driveway and borrow a shovel from a neighbor two days later. What do you mean there was no evidence she never touched that item? Are you talking about KC? She touched it. Or are you talking about Caylee? Are you expecting some sort of DNA on every item that was part and parcel to the crime? You aren't going to get it!

I think the search for the shovel is completely irrelevant. First of all, it is beyond my imagination that anyone would have to search "shovel" to plan a murder....no one is that stupid. It makes much more sense to me that the household may have been in need of a shovel and wanted to see the types/costs. If you google "shovel" it leads to that type of information, not how to bury a murder victim or anything!

Do you think the search for "shovel" led Casey to borrow one from her neighbor months later? To me, that just doesn't make any sense at all. I think the search and the borrowing are completely unrelated.

I personally don't expect DNA on every single item. But the unidentified marker on the tape does bother me.

...and the dog's handler lied about the number of cars there when the dog hit.

Are you being serious or sarcastic?, honestly, I am asking because to me that was one of the most ridiculous points that JB tried to make.

Nobody lied about anything relating to this
The handler ran the dog around a random parked car just to get the dog going
It was obvious to everyone there that it was just that, thats why noboby considered it as the dog actually doing a search on that other car.
It like asking someone to count how many pitches a pitcher throws in an inning and then saying
"Liar! you didn't count the 3 warmup pitches he took"
its just deceptive and meaningless like most of the defenses claims :banghead:

so if she was not guilty, they why was she afraid to testify in court and speak the truth?

No defendant ever has to take the stand in her own defense. The prosecution has the burden of proof and it's up to them to prove to the jury that the defendant is guilty. It's a very basic right of any defendant to not testify, and the jury received a specific instruction which explains that her not testifying can not be considered, period.

The cadaver dog also hit in the playhouse and various other places in the backyard. The point is moot, IMO.

I value your opinion but respectfully disagree with it.

The cadaver dogs hit in the yard and the car, this points to a decomposing (not a recently drowned) child.

You see FCA was not off her cell phone or computer for very long during the time GA was home. In order for the dogs to have hit on the yard, someone would have had to lay Caylee down in the garden for some time to allow the onset of decomposition.

That means that when FCA left the home at 1pmish, Caylee was in the yard.
Then GA left for work about 3pmish and he doesn't have access to that car again until the tow yard.

FCA returns to the home that afternoon, so if she didn't put Caylee in her trunk at that point, WHEN did she? And why the duct tape?

Whether Caylee drowned or was killed it had to be FCA who disposed of her. She made it look like murder, created a Zanny the nanny, then less than 3 hours later is renting videos and playing late night scrabble with her bf.

None of the evidence is a single event, it all happens as part of other things.

After checking the cell records and pings, the computer activity and work logs. FCA is the only person with custody of Caylee (alive and then dead).

There was a search for "shovel", along with "death", chloroform", how to make chloroform, neck breaking, ruptured spleen, hand to hand combat, etc. Yes, a plain old search for shovel is strange. But all of these searches together lead me to believe that KC had murder on her mind.

They led me to believe that somebody was playing some sort of computer/playstation/x-box game and looking for ways to kill their opponent, frankly.

If I remember correctly, most if not all of the hits were found in the deleted items folder, yet there was little if anyting else deleted , there was searches on the computer from years before. So the question is not only how these items fit into the case but why were they deleted where its not the practice in that household to delete items on a regular basis.
Also if you remember it was JB contention that someone else other than Casey did those searches and when Cindy came up and said was her then was proven to be lying about it JB changed it to say of course it was Casey, but it was just curiosity over her boyfirend 's picture of the chloroform on his myspace. The defense was like an extension of Casey just throw lies out there and confuse, and they got the perfect jury that was not willing or able to mentally/intellectually handle it.

Somewhere along the multitude of threads, I must have missed the link providing evidence that any member of the jury was in any way mentally or intellectually impaired. If someone could post that for me, I would be happy to read it thoroughly. If it does not exist, then perhaps we should stop insulting innocent people whom we have no reason to believe were anything but sincerely trying to do the job they were asked to do and required to do by law.

FWIW, I have seen numerous posts by mods stating that jury bashing is to be over and done with on this forum.

jmo

Not even trying to argue here, but in a case where the SA constantly reiterated that the child was "thrown away like trash" and there was NO DIGGING, and NO BURIAL involved....a shovel is irrelevant. It was likely used to break into the shed, if used at all, to get the gas cans which ALSO tend to be irrelevant since she had taken them before and Caylee was perfectly fine at those times. Not even an important enough point to argue, but it is just an example of something that the SA spent a lot of time and discussion on when it was really unimportant and resulted, as in a number of other issues, in being a distraction from the facts that were relevant.

jmo

Indeed it is, good thing she wasn't also searching for 'household weapons'.

They led me to believe that somebody was playing some sort of computer/playstation/x-box game and looking for ways to kill their opponent, frankly.

I agree, as soon as I started playing Farmville, I dashed off to google combine harvester so I wouldn't have to keep going back to collect crops.

You guys are really making me rethink my position here.

OCSO was told June 16th and LDB was told June 16-19th and Cindy was on the stand being cross examined by her on June 23rd when LDB was pounding the 84 times, 84 times!.... Yea, they knew before the DT CIC was done.

http://www.cacheback.ca/news/news_release-20110711-1.asp

This information could be the tip of an iceberg. If LDB knew the 84 times was incorrect, yet hammered the point home 5 times during her crossexamination of CA, the media just might do some investigating on their own, and look into anything else that looks to be a bit hinky.

Should the media follow the defenses lead and look online as to questions raised by posters on a multitude of sites in regards to the actions of the state, well, they can find there were a lot of questions about a lot of things in this case.

There were questions raised about
JJ, and LB in regards to TES documents and the illegal recording made by JJ. What really happened with the files the day JB and CM were being filmed by the press while looking at the TES documents?

RK gave several interviews and depos, the only thing consistant about these was the fact that his statements were inconsistant. The media may follow up with RK and maybe pursue the Cain angle as well, since Cain was the officer who responded to the stolen gas cans GA reported, and responded to the report of stuffed animals in a garbage in the vicinity of area A.

When the prosecution reinstated the DP in this case, it happened shortly before LL was up for re-election. The nosey media may find the possible political angle interesting.

Will the media try to garner more information in regards to the witness Rodriguez? The DOD said if he testified he would be fired. Is there any more to this story?

While AH was on the stand, she said "can I just say something?" JA objected instantly and HHJP called a sidebar. The media may look up AH and ask her what was the something she wanted to say. Did it have anything to do which the bad checks?

The media may also do some research on how often felony charges during a DP investigation and then tried BEFORE the DP trial has even started? Although these felonies were not brought into play in the DP trial, the question of how often in the past has this occurred remains.

The cadaver dog alerts on one day and failure to alert in same area following day may cause some investigation. A famous dog handler not that long ago was caught planting evidence, so there is precedence in the dog handling world.
The shockingly high amounts of chloroform reported. Some investigative reporters may find this an area of extreme interest.

We all heard JB try to bring in whether or not KC's Miranda rights had been violated, and HHJP shot that down in a hurry. Some hard research by investigative reporters may shed some interesting light on this subject.
While JB was talking to KC in the jailhouse, he reported hearing odd clicking sounds. Nothing came from this at the time, but with RK and DC snooping around in or near Area A, some reporters may wonder if it was RK's curiousity or his girlfriends gossip, and if DC had psychic help or help from a nonsupernatural source?

There is a mountain of information released via the Sunshine Law. Prior to the verdict, the media only explored the potentially incriminating evidence because the tot mob was screaming for KC to be put in jail for life without parole, or given a fatal injection. With a verdict of not guilty, the media may revisit the mountain, and they may find information that would be very interesting.

Every single item in the above paragraphs may amount to absolutely nothing. If there is anything questionable about anything in the above paragraphs, the media may very well pursue it and find the answers.

These are just a few of a multitude of questions that the media may decide to investigate. There were a large number of questions posted on this site alone that were never really addressed or looked into because the answers may have helped the defense, and since nearly everyone here is convinced she is guilty, it would be a waste of time to look into anything that did not help prove guilt. The absolute scariest part of not looking at both sides of the coin, and not looking for the whole truth and nothing but the truth, is that any one of us could be accused of a crime, and the state may use evidence against us that is 84 times worse than it should be. LOL ok maybe not 84 times worse, but they may use evidence against us that they know is false, and that is a violation of our civil rights.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I agree, as soon as I started playing Farmville, I dashed off to google combine harvester so I wouldn't have to keep going back to collect crops.

You guys are really making me rethink my position here.
I've been rethinking mine since day one. I still say it was not proven what happened to Caylee, and I don't think we will ever know. Very sad.

The jury did the right thing in my mind. I kept waiting and waiting, and waiting. Nothing from prosecution convinced me. the ONE THING NAGGING ME IS THE 31 days. (Sorry can't get the red to go off.) LOL.

or mispelled "shove" sounds like a gamer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13