Forensic linguistics as investigative tool on RN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you accept forensic linguists as defined below as a valid investigation tool

• Im IDI forensic linguistics which does not agree with RDI is not science

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For sake of argument truth be known I have thought of this and still want an intruder but sadly everything always go back to the R's...And with JR saying that and the R's name was cleared after PR died still don't look good to me but that's my own opinion..I pray I'm wrong about PR but her actions really don't prove innocence...

Everything is going as planned. Good (laff). Read him. Read him now. Do it. You have done well, Super. He was too dangerous to be left unread. It's only natural. He cut off your RDI Spin Theories and you wanted revenge. It's not the first time. Remember what you told me about Sue Bennet? BTW, have you read McM's in its entirety? His testimony, arguments, evidence, and reasoning might be more understandable. Tadpole listed another forensic linguistic book

http://books.google.ca/books?id=i33...esult&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Forensic linguistics: an introduction to language, crime, and the law
By John Olsson

page 20-21

many courts accepted his methodology on the grounds

"technique is widespread and reliable"
"subject to peer review"
"general acceptance to relevant scientific community (linguistics)"

BTW His book does covers most of the questions asked above.

I've got it! Okay, here's how it went down:

The victim's name was Denise Witham (not sure the spelling). She was 11-y/o and living in the home of her foster mother, Sally Witham. One day Sally Witham called 9/11 to report that her daughter wasn't breathing. From the first moment, things didn't seem right. The other children in the home spoke of all kinds of abuse in the home. After that, Sally Witham produced two items that the police had not found when they first searched the house. One was the suicide note I mentioned. The other was a diary where Denise wrote about how despondent she was getting. When the note and diary were compared, it was found they matched Denise Witham's writing perfectly.

Then things got interesting. Another daughter, Crystal Witham, came forward and said that she had seen Sally Witham grind up several pills and mix them into a pudding which she fed Denise. The DA, David Lee, had no physical evidence to corroborate Crystal's story. But he did have a theory: Sally Witham had forced Denise to write the documents.

Now, this is the part you should pay attention to. At first, Lee didn't know that forensic linguists existed. But when he found out, he brought McM in. As the narration says, forensic linguistics is based on a simple premise: people write the same way they speak (what does THAT sound like?). McM himself said that each person who speaks English has their own manner of expressing themselves. In fact, I quote from his OWN mouth: "my task was to compare the writing on the note and diary with samples of the mother's known speech and writing." Isn't that what Foster did? Just asking. To continue, he used personal letters to find her writing style and transcripts of Sally Witham's police interviews. Now, if memory serves, isn't that exactly what Foster used? And didn't Mysteeri say that McM doesn't find transcripts of speech useful? This is getting interesting!

The specific traits McM used to make his case were that Sally Witham almost never used contractions. The only one she was known to use was "don't" in place of "do not." The note and diary were the same. Also, the past perfect tense was used where the past tense would have been sufficient. Instead of "he wrote me," the note said "he had written me." Instead of "he touched me," it said "he had touched me," and so on.

That was all David Lee needed. Sally Witham was tried, convicted and sent to prison for life.

Now, I'm sure you can see the problem here, based on what you've been telling me.

For the sake of argument,let's say that the R are innocent.Isn't it a shame/disgrace and injustice that the victims mother died thinking/hoping that the one who did it was caught?I wonder how JR feels about all this?Aww,but does he care,he stated that he doesn't think much of her, only when a good memory comes back or something to that effect.
I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were the husband,knowing that she died believing in something F A L S E.And what a big sick farse the JMK fiasco was.....yaiks!

yeah,there ya go:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...y-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/3/

"Do you still feel married to Patsy?" I ask, "Do you think about her a lot?"

"No, no," he says, his face relaxed but his eyes miserable. "Just occasionally, when a pleasant memory comes back."

Can't say as I'm surprised at that.

I've got it! Okay, here's how it went down:

The victim's name was Denise Witham (not sure the spelling). She was 11-y/o and living in the home of her foster mother, Sally Witham. One day Sally Witham called 9/11 to report that her daughter wasn't breathing. From the first moment, things didn't seem right. The other children in the home spoke of all kinds of abuse in the home. After that, Sally Witham produced two items that the police had not found when they first searched the house. One was the suicide note I mentioned. The other was a diary where Denise wrote about how despondent she was getting. When the note and diary were compared, it was found they matched Denise Witham's writing perfectly..

never send a handwriting expert to do the work of a forensic linguist.

Then things got interesting. Another daughter, Crystal Witham, came forward and said that she had seen Sally Witham grind up several pills and mix them into a pudding which she fed Denise. The DA, David Lee, had no physical evidence to corroborate Crystal's story. But he did have a theory: Sally Witham had forced Denise to write the documents.

Now, this is the part you should pay attention to. At first, Lee didn't know that forensic linguists existed..

Doesn't that sound familiar.

But when he found out, he brought McM in. As the narration says, forensic linguistics is based on a simple premise: people write the same way they speak (what does THAT sound like?). .

It sounds like you've not read Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics in its entirety.

McM himself said that each person who speaks English has their own manner of expressing themselves. In fact, I quote from his OWN mouth: "my task was to compare the writing on the note and diary with samples of the mother's known speech and writing." .

Yes McM uses a term to describe this, in chapter 1. If you read it you'd know the term. It's there, just as Dun Moch is on the star wars wikipedia and star wars encyclopedia (which makes it a star wars canon term)

The first person who can provide this term shows they've read chapter 1.

Isn't that what Foster did? Just asking. .

Well if you read McM's book to its entirety you can see what Foster did and what McM does.

To continue, he used personal letters to find her writing style and transcripts of Sally Witham's police interviews. Now, if memory serves, isn't that exactly what Foster used? And didn't Mysteeri say that McM doesn't find transcripts of speech useful? This is getting interesting! .

Have you read McM's book to compare what Mysteeri says v.s what McM says for yourself? Obviously not.

The specific traits McM used to make his case were that Sally Witham almost never used contractions. The only one she was known to use was "don't" in place of "do not." The note and diary were the same. Also, the past perfect tense was used where the past tense would have been sufficient. Instead of "he wrote me," the note said "he had written me." Instead of "he touched me," it said "he had touched me," and so on. .

Which is what he did w/RN "pick up" vs "pickup" or "pick-up" misspells advise and advize etc. (this is the easiest example to type out)

That was all David Lee needed. Sally Witham was tried, convicted and sent to prison for life. Now, I'm sure you can see the problem here, based on what you've been telling me.

Which problem do you allude to?

That the RDI does not make use of forensic linguistics? Well that's obvious. And yes it is a problem and yes I've been telling you and other RDI's to download and read Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics to its entirety.

That courts and academic linguists accept foresnic linguistic to the extent they will send a perp in prison for life despite a vigorous cross-examination from Sally's defense team?

That they accept McM's analysis as valid?

That this is a problem for RDI spin theories which links PR to RN? (As I have argued before, there are plenty of other reasons to reject a PR-RN or JR-RN link, it makes no sense for PR to write a note in her own handwriting in front of JR w/pen there on her own note pad, where she knew would be attempts to match handwriting from her to the RN. It makes no sense. I don't believe a 40 y.o mother would watch and then quote from movies like Ransom and Dirty Harry, and there's no reason for the RN to really DUN MOCH JR by calling him a fat cat and telling him to use that good Southern Sense)

That McM's peer-reviewed research methods helped investigators, detectives, prosecutors, and defense attorneys with a criminal MURDER investigation?

That a judge and jury accepted McM's testimony and convicted on it?

Or that McM's testimony regarding our RN is not being used to guide our investigation into the murder of JB as it did Sally Whitman/Denise Whitman?

That handwriting may not be enough so we can turn to forensic applications of the science of linguistics?

Or is it, "The JIDI and the RDIST is alike in almost everyway, including their quest for greater power. The difference is that the JIDI is not afraid to use the dark side (forensic linguists), and the RDIST are.

Or that you didn't read McM to its entirety? I did suggest that before re-watching it so you better pick-up his testimony. Read his book to its entirety, then re-watch the video clip and you'll see many of your questions are answered as well as the importance of his testimony in that trial and for JB.

" based on what you've been telling me" As Yoda said, "Much to learn you still have". You can read McM for yourself.

I do want to say thanks for taping it and re-watching it and posting it here. The questions you ask show you have NOT read McM's book. I would recommend you do so and most of your frequently asked questions (FAQ) are addressed.

The story basically spells out that the DA, prosecutor, investigators, Sally's defense attorneys, judge, jury, etc., accept McM's testimony, methodology and conclusions to the extent they would send Sally to life in prison (for murder). And by now he probably has testified over 500 cases, plus he's published in peer reviewed journals in linguistics plus other forensic linguists study and apply his methods.

Bottom line, forensic linguists is a valid scientific research tool that DA's, prosecutors, judges, defense attorneys, and the scientific community accept,investigators and there's no reason not to use it in this murder investigation due to some misguided attachment to RDI spin theories

JB deserves the very best forensic and investigative tools we can use such as DNA and forensic linguistics to bring her killer to justice, not spin theories.

Professional document examiners, linguists, DNA analysts, and legal professionals at the federal and local level all have found in favor of the R's in one form or another, at one time or another.

When we use science and expert professional opinions, when we 'do the math', an intruder did it. Whether its qualitative or quantitative, there is simply more professional support for IDI than for RDI.

Professional document examiners, linguists, DNA analysts, and legal professionals at the federal and local level all have found in favor of the R's in one form or another, at one time or another.

When we use science and expert professional opinions, when we 'do the math', an intruder did it. Whether its qualitative or quantitative, there is simply more professional support for IDI than for RDI.

Indeed Master Hoth,

good news I bring, the Forensics is with us.

Justice is in the IDI. JIDI.

The JIDI knight feels the Forensics flowing through him. Remember, the Forensics will be with you, always.

Did you read "Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics" in its entirety and if so, what makes you so sure it is of little value?

thanks

I've read Dr. Hodges's book, Who Will Speak for JonBenet. Hodges and his colleagues applied psycholinguistics to the ransom note. I found it fascinating but I don't think it could be brought before a jury. I don't think a jury could weigh it legally.

He gives me the creeps.He has that look when he's angry...........:snake: :couch:

where do you get these icons? :confused:

are there any star wars icons? i'm a huge star wars fan!

two smiley faces doing a light saber duel would be nice. one using lighting bolts to attack another is also good.
i plan to decorate my posts w/SD with them :)

I've read Dr. Hodges's book, Who Will Speak for JonBenet. Hodges and his colleagues applied psycholinguistics to the ransom note. I found it fascinating but I don't think it could be brought before a jury. I don't think a jury could weigh it legally.

Hodges is critiqued by McMermanin and yes, McMerminin's work can be brought to a jury and can be used by investigators. Try reading Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics and see if you feel the same way about McMermin as you do Hodges

where do you get these icons? :confused:

are there any star wars icons? i'm a huge star wars fan!

two smiley faces doing a light saber duel would be nice. one using lighting bolts to attack another is also good.
i plan to decorate my posts w/SD with them :)

:floorlaugh:

just click the more button in the smiley section

Are you spanking me or something?Listen carefully!I might like it and we'll end up being the first RDI/IDI couple around here.

Are you spanking me or something?Listen carefully!I might like it and we'll end up being the first RDI/IDI couple around here.

Use that good southern sense of yours
:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member