Former Defense Attorney,Todd Macaluso *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow what a great law--guess there are no more Perry Mason moments in Florida!

:blowkiss: LOL
HA! Yeah it takes all the fun out of it. I think they discussed how open and unusual the discovery process of Florida is on the NG show a while back. (Of course, that carries more weight than the Supreme Court, and all. :biggrin: and makes it official.) :gavel:

I like it better with those moments of surprise, and when it's more of a free-for-all, but the law's the law....whine.

:smiliescale: :wolf:

Agreed, I don't see Casey changing her story. Plus, her legal team will NEVER let her testify. So how do they get an accident theory on the table? Presenting an alternate scenario to what the state provides?

Everyone who is talking about the duct tape on this thread as precluding an accident theory is assuming that the evidence is going to indicate 100 percent that it was placed there intentionally. The only evidence we have of that is Yuri's opinion and he is not a forensic expert. I would venture a guess that the defense is going to look at the duct tape in a much different light. Their expert(s) could very well opine that it was washed there by the force of water or an animal or a variety of other ways.

not if it matches the duct tape at the anthony home. and water wouldn't wind it so tightly around her head that it had to be cut out of her hair.

the duct tape is compelling.

but i do think it could be argued it was placed there AFTER death. i don't see any way of proving it was placed there before. it could also be argued that someone other than casey put it there--like GA, LA, CA--as part of a cover-up.

To be honest, I think the fact that this guy specializes in accidents doesn't necessarily mean they are going for that defense. I really believe this guy watched this Casey and for some odd reason believes Casey is innocent and wanted to get on board. JB probably figured he could use whatever highly reputable attorneys he could get and said yes.

Sorry, I don't believe in an accident theory... her own innocent defenseless toddler is killed accidentally and she tries to cover it up because she is ashamed yet goes on partying it up and even getting a tattoo about "the beautiful life"?

Nope, not reasonable, especially when you take into account her so called "reaction" when she received the news of the remains being found.

IMO

Shall we nickname KC new attorney, "Clyde Crashcot" What is the old saying, "Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth?" I hope the lawyers are tripping over themselves like the Chef's on Bravo. Here today and gone tomorrow!

Agreed, I don't see Casey changing her story. Plus, her legal team will NEVER let her testify. So how do they get an accident theory on the table? Presenting an alternate scenario to what the state provides?

If KC claims she last saw Caylee on the 9th or the 16th (whichever), then how can she stay with that story and claim accidental death- how would she know how Caylee died? I can's see how they can mesh the stories.

To be honest, I think the fact that this guy specializes in accidents doesn't necessarily mean they are going for that defense. I really believe this guy watched this Casey and for some odd reason believes Casey is innocent and wanted to get on board. JB probably figured he could use whatever highly reputable attorneys he could get and said yes.
I don't really get why this lawyer is on the case. After looking at his website, types of cases he has fought and won, he looks like he has been on the "good guys side". Why tarnish his reputation ?

I have read through this thread and read all of the 'accident theories' that this new lawyer might possibley use.

After each theory, which were very good by the way, I kept saying 2 things that could not be explained away to me.

1. that does not explain KC hugging and kissing with TonE in Blockbuster and the Fusion party.

2. that does not explain the duct tape

This is just my opinion, but I cannot think of one theory that would explain away those two facts, at least to me.

How will they get around the jailhouse tapes where Casey is talking about the Nanny? And the way that Casey was acting the whole time that Caylee was missing? Then there is Lee's depo where he talks about what Casey told him. They will probably put Cindy and George on the stand and they will have to admit that Casey told them the Nanny kidnapped Caylee. There is just so much that seems impossible to get out of.

I don't think we should worry about this bigwig attorney. I can remember worrying about Scott Peterson's trial because ole "Hollywood" Gregois..sp..had such a big reputation. I have to believe that the Lord will see to it that Caylee will get justice. The poor little girl didn't get much of anything out of life so she will receive justice in death. We just have to have faith no matter how many big guns the defense brings in. Casey murdered her daughter and that is the bottom line. I would imagine the Pros in this case is also good.

How will they get around the jailhouse tapes where Casey is talking about the Nanny? And the way that Casey was acting the whole time that Caylee was missing? Then there is Lee's depo where he talks about what Casey told him. They will probably put Cindy and George on the stand and they will have to admit that Casey told them the Nanny kidnapped Caylee. There is just so much that seems impossible to get out of.

I don't think we should worry about this bigwig attorney. I can remember worrying about Scott Peterson's trial because ole "Hollywood" Gregois..sp..had such a big reputation. I have to believe that the Lord will see to it that Caylee will get justice. The poor little girl didn't get much of anything out of life so she will receive justice in death. We just have to have faith no matter how many big guns the defense brings in. Casey murdered her daughter and that is the bottom line. I would imagine the Pros in this case is also good.
Thank you for that post ! :)

I would not underestimate TM's ability in a courtroom. He is a compelling force before a jury. Out of all the attorney's on KC's team he is THE formidable opponent. JMHO.

Everyone who is talking about the duct tape on this thread as precluding an accident theory is assuming that the evidence is going to indicate 100 percent that it was placed there intentionally. The only evidence we have of that is Yuri's opinion and he is not a forensic expert. I would venture a guess that the defense is going to look at the duct tape in a much different light. Their expert(s) could very well opine that it was washed there by the force of water or an animal or a variety of other ways.
I've never thought of it from that angle......

Wow.....sounds some...what possible.... but highly unbelievable for me. Naaahhh.... I think she placed it there. Too much other evidence.

Regarding the duct tape being washed over onto Caylee's mouth and utimately sticking to her hair. I don't buy it. If the duct tape somehow became unattached from some other source due to water or climate conditions, how in the world would it regain it's ability to stick to something else (Caylee's skull and hair)? If I were sitting on a jury and heard this hogwash, I'd literally have to contain my laughter at the defense's attempt to get me to believe this nonsense.

Regarding the duct tape being washed over onto Caylee's mouth and utimately sticking to her hair. I don't buy it. If the duct tape somehow became unattached from some other source due to water or climate conditions, how in the world would it regain it's ability to stick to something else (Caylee's skull and hair)? If I were sitting on a jury and heard this hogwash, I'd literally have to contain my laughter at the defense's attempt to get me to believe this nonsense.

Exactly! the defense trying to throw out any and all distractions does not convince me! I don't see how they can make all the pieces fit together reasonably for their side. imo

I don't really get why this lawyer is on the case. After looking at his website, types of cases he has fought and won, he looks like he has been on the "good guys side". Why tarnish his reputation ?

I agree. And seeing where his strengths, experience, and knowledge lies it honestly has nothing to do with this case. Even if they do go for the accident defense, all of his accident experience seems to deal with airplanes, autos, product manufacturers, etc. AKA nothing related to this case.

It is sad that completely innocent people are wrongly accused and successfully convicted and this complete nobody who has contributed nothing but a beautiful 2 year old girl to society and killed her, has all these high profile attorneys that she couldn't possibly afford even if she were to have gotten a real job in her lifetime.
:clap:
:clap::clap:

Great post and I SO agree with you.

ITA about the money. He owns an L-39 goodness sake! Clearly someone who has more than enough money to throw around. I said on another thread that this guy worries me. And after having such a good record on his civil cases, I can't imagine he would get involved in such a ridiculous circus, with the way people are talking about KC as it is, if he didn't think he could win. And getting this one off would put him at an even higher level than ever in regards to his legal abilities. I am very worried that this guy is so confident.

Me, too.

I respect his abilities.

I can think of a scenario and I won't even type it in here for fear that they do read here and I wouldn't want them to get any ideas from me. Would even make Cindy feel like she was at fault. Only problem with it would be that KC would have to fess up to the fact that she was there when Caylee died. And that she threw her away and let her rot there. (Sorry!)

And used duct tape as a gag.

Thank you Angel for the link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80809

Casey Anthony case: Want a good look at the new attorney?
posted by halboedeker on Mar 4, 2009 6:18:53 PM
<snipped>
WKMG-Channel 6 will offer an exclusive interview with Todd Macaluso, Casey Anthony's new attorney, at 11 tonight.
"From a total investigation of this case, I've concluded she's innocent," Macaluso tells reporter Adam Longo. "I've concluded that she is innocent," Macaluso repeats.

Macaluso describes himself as an expert on technical matters and also tells Longo: "The prosecution has no evidence in this case. The only evidence in this case that is called evidence is information that's been leaked out to the public by sources close to the investigation, by sources involved in the investigation. And there's been a lot of misinformation."
Anchor Jacqueline London called Macaluso "this California power attorney" and hinted that some of the defense team's strategy "between now and the trial just might knock you off your couch."

And those are two reasons you would never be chosen to sit on this jury!

But, she's right, an accident doesn't explain the duct tape gag OR Casey's Blockbuster video.

That evidence is damaging and would be compelling to anyone on the jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back