Former President Jimmy Carter has entered into hospice care.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

i spent a long weekend a few months back in the whole Plains area.......... I was so moved and cherish my entire visit.
And I cherish this wonderful man.

ATLANTA — Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are marking their 77th wedding anniversary with a quiet Friday at their south Georgia home, extending their record as the longest-married first couple ever as both nonagenarians face significant health challenges.

The 39th president is 98 and has been in home hospice care since February. The former first lady is 95 and has dementia. The Carter family has not offered details of either Jimmy or Rosalynn Carter’s condition but has said they both have enjoyed time with each other and a stream of family members, along with occasional visits from close friends, in recent months.

“As we have looked back at their legacy, it has been really wonderful to see the outpouring of support and respect and love,” grandson Jason Carter said recently. “That word love is really the one that defines certainly their personal relationship, but also the way they approach this world.”...

Former President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn Carter, were spotted Saturday at a festival in his hometown of Plains, Georgia.

The Carter Center re-shared a video of the former President, 98, and former first lady, 96, riding in a black SUV at the Plains Peanut Festival.

"Beautiful day for President & Mrs. Carter to enjoy a ride through the Plains Peanut Festival! And just a week before he turns 99," the center wrote in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter. "We’re betting peanut butter ice cream is on the menu for lunch! #JimmyCarter99."...

Former President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn Carter, were spotted Saturday at a festival in his hometown of Plains, Georgia.

The Carter Center re-shared a video of the former President, 98, and former first lady, 96, riding in a black SUV at the Plains Peanut Festival.

"Beautiful day for President & Mrs. Carter to enjoy a ride through the Plains Peanut Festival! And just a week before he turns 99," the center wrote in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter. "We’re betting peanut butter ice cream is on the menu for lunch! #JimmyCarter99."...

Isn't that great! Hope they had a nice visit in downtown Plains. It was probably nice to get out of the house for a while.

Atlanta — Jimmy Carter has always been a man of discipline and habit. But the former president will break routine Sunday, putting off his practice of quietly watching church services online to instead celebrate his 99th birthday with his wife, Rosalynn, and their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren in Plains.

The gathering will take place in the same one-story structure where the Carters lived before he was first elected to the Georgia Senate in 1962. It comes amid tributes from around the world. But for Carter's family, it’s an opportunity to honor a personal legacy...

Former President Jimmy Carter turned 99 on Sunday, but because of the threat of a federal government shutdown, his fans began celebrating his birthday a day early.

The official birthday bash for the longest-living U.S. president in history had been rescheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday instead of Sunday, which is when the federal funding that helps keep the lights burning at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum in Atlanta, was in danger of running out, museum officials said. That evening, Congress voted to pass a stop-gap measure to avert a shutdown just hours before the deadline...

Happy Birthday, President Carter! :)

Happy Birthday President Carter! Here is one of my favorite quotes from the only Georgia President: "God always answers prayers. Sometimes it's 'yes.' Sometimes the answer is 'no.' Sometimes it's 'you gotta be kidding.”

1696183407393.png

Attachments

• IMG_1129.png
    IMG_1129.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter, 96, has entered hospice care at home, her family said Friday.

The family announced earlier this year that she has dementia.

Former President Jimmy Carter, 99, is also receiving hospice care at their home in Plains, Georgia.

“She and President Carter are spending time with each other and their family," according to a statement from grandson Jason Carter, "the Carter family continues to ask for privacy and remains grateful for the outpouring of love and support."...

Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, a passionate champion of mental health, caregiving, and women’s rights, passed away Sunday, Nov. 19, at 2:10 p.m. at her home in Plains, Georgia, at the age of 96. She died peacefully, with family by her side.

Mrs. Carter was married for 77 years to Jimmy Carter, the 39th president of the United States and the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize recipient, who is now 99 years old.

“Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished,” President Carter said. “She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”

She is survived by her children — Jack, Chip, Jeff, and Amy — and 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. A grandson died in 2015.

“Besides being a loving mother and extraordinary First Lady, my mother was a great humanitarian in her own right,” said Chip Carter. “Her life of service and compassion was an example for all Americans. She will be sorely missed not only by our family but by the many people who have better mental health care and access to resources for caregiving today.”

The schedule of memorial events and funeral ceremonies will be distributed as soon as possible to media and posted on www.rosalynncartertribute.org. This tribute website includes the family’s official online condolence book and opportunities for memorial gifts, as well as an official biography and downloadable photos.

I met Rosalynn Carter as a ten year old at a campaign stop that Jimmy wasn't able to attend. My dad had a press pass with a local college so we were able to meet her in person. She said to me in her soft Southern drawl "I have a daughter about your age. Amy."

Rest easy Rosalynn. You have done your part and left the world a bit better because you were here. May your memory be a blessing to everyone who knew you.

✌️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back