OK Foss lake Discovery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9007244"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OK OK - Leah Johnson (18), Thomas Rios (18), & Jimmy Williams (16), Sayre, 20 Nov 1970[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9846609"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 5 Bodies Found in Western Oklahoma Lake[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9846609"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 5 Bodies Found in Western Oklahoma Lake[/ame]

So many threads on this. :(

Found after all these years, amazing. Closure, but also still questions such as how did the teens end up there? Accident or foul play. And same for the family of the grandpa, as well as who the other two people in the car were. Closure, yet more mysteries.

Re: the three teens, the families aren't ready to say anything which is understandable, this has to be a very emotional time for them. I can't even imagine. Jimmy Williams, what a cute kid, he really reminds me of a teenage John Denver. Such a shame. :(

Very sad, but still likely closure. But has LE positively said it is them? I am sure it is, but has it been made official?

Satch

Very sad, but still likely closure. But has LE positively said it is them? I am sure it is, but has it been made official?

Satch

I imagine it will take some time to make it official- but if it were me, if the vehicle VIN# matches, I'd accept that. Who else COULD it be in that case??

Medical Examiner: Could Take Years To Identify Skeletons Found In Foss Lake

Amy Elliott with the Chief Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday the skeletons are being closely analyzed by an in-house anthropologist. The office will attempt to use anthropological and, if necessary, forensic pathological methods. She said positive identification could take anywhere from days to years.

YEARS? Why would it take years? Why would she say such a thing? Totally flipped my lid when I saw that.

Please discuss Leah Johnson's case here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9848889#post9848889"]OK OK - Leah Johnson (18), Sayre, 20 Nov 1970 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salem

Okay you guys - you have a subforum for breaking this case apart and doing what you can to match things up, etc. etc.

I started a few threads. Please feel free to start additional threads and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Salem

Fascinating...

these cars and remains were found when new sonar devices were being tested!

:what:

Great that the families are getting some closure!

JMO

Did any news media say how far he lake is from where the teens headed out for the football game? The article I read only said the lake is west of OKC.

I find it odd that the LE made the comment that they thought the 3 bodies in one car were fisherman . Why would that scenario even come to mind unless thier was something in the car to make him think they were fisherman. Which soulds like fishing poles or tackle box maybe they all had hip waiters on. But other then that i can't see why he would just assume they were fishermen..

The two cars were found right next to each other. The disappearances were only a year and a half apart. Any chance the disappearances are related? Committed by the same perp, perhaps? Otherwise, it's a weird coincidence in a town of 4000 people. It's a weird coincidence anyway!

This story makes me want to drop what I'm doing, find sonar equipment and start searching every drop of water in the US for missing people.

Hannah I agree....and not just the US the world.....but especially in the US, I reckon a hell of a lot of missing people could be finally found...

I just heard about this on the news here, I'm sticking to this thread, very interesting reading, hope they get answers soon

Saw this this morning. Remains found in cars dating back decades.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/.../oklahoma-police-find-5-bodies-2-cars-in-lake

Sorry for mobile link. Will update with reg link when I sign on laptop later.

Anyone have any cases that come to mind?

Police divers found the mud-covered vehicles during a sonar testing exercise in the lake last week, Betsy Randolph, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokeswoman, was quoted as saying.

Dang, hope they keep using that sonar - and that others do, too - I'd say it was awfully useful!!

I'm not reading a thing into this.i think from the pics I've seen this was a poorly thought out boat ramp. Kids being inexperienced drivers and careless, maybe a drink or two and the drove straight into the lake.

Older driver, reaction and vision a bit off, same results. Add to that its likely to have been foggy out. A recipe for tragedy.

(I'm so glad this got a subforum, we were getting a new duplicate thread like every four hours.) =D

Did they ever search this lake before? If you have two cars missing with 6 people all last seen going or at this lake, wouldn't they have searched it sooner. or they were looking in the wrong sections.

I've been a boater for years and when I am around a lake I don't know I always drive carefully. But I know where all the ramps are at the local lakes. Most ramps are clearly marked. Hard to understand if any of these people were local that they didn't know where the ramps were or apparently not even looking for them around a lake. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back