Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
409642_481070365237135_685847907_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...59669210710587&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

"We’re told that a credible source close to the investigation provided detailed information regarding the location of the body. That information was provided this morning. A task force was dispatched to search the location and a body was found.

The body was located near LA-10 heading towards Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

Officials say they hope to have a concrete answer later this evening as to whether or not the body is in fact Mickey Shunick."

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetracker/police-body-discovered-in-evangeline-parish

If BSL did confess, I'm assuming the credible source may be his attorney. Craft said it appears to be Mickey... Obviously he can't say it's definitely her until it's officially confirmed, but it's apparent they know it is. For one, they were guided, according to reports, and it's possible her clothing was id'd, along with her most distinguishing feature... her hair. I understand the need to wait for it to be official, but I feel certain it's Mickey and I'm so thankful she's no longer out there lost... She can now be laid to rest with the dignity and respect that denied her for the last couple of months.

All jmo.

The fact that he took the time to bury her is better than just dumping her for coyotes to end up finding or putting her in water with so many alligators in our state.

Is it confirmed that he buried her, as opposed to dumping her body there?

Beaver Creek Cemetary

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Church+Point,+LA&daddr=Beaver+Cr+Cemetery+Rd,+4,+LA+71463&hl=en&sll=30.780778,-92.550459&sspn=0.01943,0.042272&geocode=FaLpzwEdquiA-ilbOW11UbkkhjErCNIcy17lpg%3BFXut1QEdssp7-imdHTtxTSk7hjHYyC8FiHZZqA&oq=church+&t=h&mra=ls&z=10"]Church Point, LA to Beaver Cr Cemetery Rd, 4, LA 71463 - Google Maps[/ame]

I was sort of in awe that the Independent scooped KATC. There's a new one for you. Next thing you know, they'll rip off their collective skinny jeans, throw away the hipster glasses, start running "FamilyCircus" and try to be a legitimate news source.

This is my next question: RWRNHZ40, do you know offhand if they're running cadaver dogs? (Although to be fair here, running cadaver dogs in a cemetery seems a bit redundant...But then again, so does finding a missing murder victim in one.) :moo:

Afraid I don't know that. According to what Craft said, the information about the location was very precise. I don't think there was a need for the dogs, IMO. The exact location was apparently shared.

Could they possibly believe it's Mickey because her hair would still be with/by the remains even if the body was mostly decomposed? Not sure how hair decomposes but I remember a clump of Caylee Anthony's hair was found with her skeleton.

Mickey's hair is pretty uncommon- platinum blonde and curly - and pretty identifiable as her hair rather than if Mickey was a brunette with straight hair, etc.

Afraid I don't know that. According to what Craft said, the information about the location was very precise. I don't think there was a need for the dogs, IMO. The exact location was apparently shared.

I can't help but wonder why after all this time someone decided today at 7am that they would finally give some information? I'm very curious as to what led them to, what it seems to be, the middle of nowhere.

i'm hoping it was a credible source, and not a confession so that DP will still be on the table.

Now the question is who knew? and furthermore, how long have they known?

Could they possibly believe it's Mickey because her hair would still be with/by the remains even if the body was mostly decomposed? Not sure how hair decomposes but I remember a clump of Caylee Anthony's hair was found with her skeleton.

Mickey's hair is pretty uncommon- platinum blonde and curly - and pretty identifiable as her hair rather than if Mickey was a brunette with straight hair, etc.

The rate of decomposition depends on the volume of hair, temperature and humidity, and the presence of keratin-eating bacteria (keratin is the fibrous protein forming the main structural constituent of hair, fingernails, feathers, hooves, horns, etc.) and certain insects.

On average the process takes about a year.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pathology-1640/presence-hair-death.htm

Is it confirmed that he buried her, as opposed to dumping her body there?

IMO, he would have had to bury her for them to find anything. We have a hunting lease just a few miles down the road and the guys dump the remains of the skinned deer at night. By the next morning there is nothing left because of all the coyotes in the area.

I can't help but wonder why after all this time someone decided today at 7am that they would finally give some information? I'm very curious as to what led them to, what it seems to be, the middle of nowhere.

I guess it is also possible that a hiker, hunter, landowner, etc., or even some local who has been out independently searching "likely" spots may have seen something and then called in.

Even though it seems ages ago, the 24 page discovery document was just given to BSL & his attorneys on Friday. Assuming the confession is true, took just one business day to get to where we are now.

Correction: Appears they were actually filed Thursday. It was Friday that they were posted online. ( http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...-out-plan-Shunick-Pate-cases?odyssey=nav|head )

exactly my point, how long has this 'source' known where the body was? it seems like LE would be monitoring everyone he talks to right now(besides lawyers of course). It makes me wonder if someone knew for a long time..

the following is total rumor....about 2 weeks ago at work a customer told us that he was on a camping trip with BSL's brother, who got really drunk and was saying some pretty strange sounding things. he also sold/traded his vehicle in same time frame.

idk what kinds of things he was saying, the customer didnt tell me, but ive been wondering about his brother ever since.

IMO, he would have had to bury her for them to find anything. We have a hunting lease just a few miles down the road and the guys dump the remains of the skinned deer at night. By the next morning there is nothing left because of all the coyotes in the area.

I think it likely she was buried -- just saying that has not been confirmed, AFAIK.

anyone check recent arrest to see if any arrest might be linked to this case?

If in fact I am on the correct graveyard which I got the name of the cemetary road from the news live report to be Beaver Creek this is really spooky because the Google Earth map is dated 5/31/2012. That would mean Mickey could be already buried there in this image

correct Image date is 5/31/2012 sorry I first had a typo of it being 21.

I have mixed emotions. I was hoping they would find her but I am so sorry this had to happen to her. RIP Mickey. Sending my condolences to her friends and family.

I think it likely she was buried -- just saying that has not been confirmed, AFAIK.

Yeah, I think so too. It would be odd to just dump a body off. Then again, "dumping a body" somewhere is an odd statement in itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth