Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
526974_450168541690499_2110126037_n.jpg

Brandon Scott Lavergne was checked out of the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center yesterday morning, hours before police found remains believed to be those of Mickey Shunick:
http://bit.ly/Mv41TM

I do not believe she would have ever been found had it not been for his confession. I am glad her family can have closure. And I believe that him getting the DP would be too kind. I think he should rot in prison and think about what he did every day for the rest of his pathetic life.

I do not believe she would have ever been found had it not been for his confession. I am glad her family can have closure. And I believe that him getting the DP would be too kind. I think he should rot in prison and think about what he did every day for the rest of his pathetic life.

Not to mention there could possibly more victims linked to him if indeed he had multiple ID's.

Well I can't imagine it shows her regaining consciousness. And showing the length of any box cuter.

I'm sure if the story about her regaining consciousness/attacking him is true, it came from a confession. And if true, boy did she put up one hell of a fight! It's too bad she didn't kill him. Would have saved tax payers a lot of money. Good job Mickey!!

Not to mention there could possibly more victims linked to him if indeed he had multiple ID's.

Yes, and hopefully he will talk on those too. And lot's of families can have closure. That might be the only good that comes out of this. I believe there have got to be more.

I am curious if Someguy has anything that he/she can add as to whether or not this all came about from a confession by BSL. Any insight you feel is ok to share?

Yes, and hopefully he will talk on those too. And lot's of families can have closure. That might be the only good that comes out of this. I believe there have got to be more.

I agree that there are more victims of BSL. I do not believe he went 4 years without killing anyone. If he did it once in 1999 then again in 2012, there is not way you can convince me he remained dormant for that long. If someone has it in them to violently kill someone as he did to LP, those sick demented urges do not go away. JMO

From what locals to LA have said, cemeteries are everywhere. So it doesn't really seem like a stretch for someone to intuit that she might be found in one.

Not only that but it is fairly common for homicide victims to be found in or very near cemeteries. I can think of a few just off the top of my head.

I agree that there are more victims of BSL. I do not believe he went 4 years without killing anyone. If he did it once in 1999 then again in 2012, there is not way you can convince me he remained dormant for that long. If someone has it in them to violently kill someone as he did to LP, those sick demented urges do not go away. JMO

I think it depends upon whether or not he has a specific trigger that urges him toward killing/violence.

Regarding the discussion around BSL's "continued tampering" of evidence... This Associate Press report implies that this does mean moving the body. I'm not sure where folks are getting legalize information that "continued tampering" could mean other things. Would love to know...

"Mickey Shunick Murder Victim May Have Moved Body"
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/08/mickey_shunick_murder_suspect.html

This definitely could imply that but it could also mean that they don't believe Lisa Pate was murdered in the place that her body was found- because her body was moved then covered with the boards in an attempt to conceal the crime. Same in regards to Mickey. I remember reading or hearing the police has "significant evidence" that Mickey was murdered. At the time, they did not have her body so again- police assume it was moved. I am not saying he didn't move her from several different locations but the chances are extremely slim that he moved her more than once. Decomp in Louisiana heat... I don't think he could handle that. Trying not to be gross or inappropriate but I hope you all get my drift. It would have been extremely difficult and messy.

I don't know if this was the case with BSL, but if LE thinks a suspect is lying or holding back information, they will sometimes bring him to the site of the remains to induce him to break down and tell the whole story.

thanks bessie. that makes sense.

Stutes’ filing indicates that the state has a “written or recorded confession or statement” Lavergne made voluntarily to Lt. Jack Lightfoot of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office at the Lafayette Police Department after he was advised of his rights in July. Also, Stutes intends to present evidence that while Lavergne was in custody of the Louisiana Department of Corrections — he served eight years for blindfolding, tying up and sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman in April 1999, less than two months before Pate was killed — he made statements relevant to the Pate case to three people identified in court filings only by initials.
In the Shunick case, he made an “oral confession or statement” to at least 13 people from April 20 to June 14, including his family members, according to the filing. Those individuals are listed by initials only or as “persons” affiliated with a law enforcement or other agency or company. It's unclear if the state plans to call all of them as witnesses.

So could be up to 13 people he told about Mickey? wow, find that hard to believe that many people wouldn't of said SOMETHING

There are some disappearances of women along the I-49 corridor towards Shreveport. If I remember correctly, many of them are from the time he was at Ft Polk. One of them was a disappearance of a woman from a gas station/truck stop in Lena, theres a road from there that takes you straight to Leesville, although its not clear if he lived on base or private housing.
There's also the murder of the young girl in Moss Bluff, which was a straight shot down from the correctional institute where he was an inmate. If he was a 'model prisoner' is it possible he as let out now & then??
I know that there's a feeling to rush to lay these disappearances/murders on his hands, but the coincidences of time & place are remarkable.

just my opinion, but i feel like he had her body closer to home after he killed her, until he could recover a bit from his wounds and have some time to think about it. i feel like the cemetery wasnt her first resting place. more likely that she was under his trailer for some period of time, or in one of the shallow "graves" the investigators looked at earlier on. i know they reported nothing of significance was found, but it could have been detrimental to the case to release any info at that point.

My thoughts exactly.

According to Lafayette Parish Correctional Center records, Brandon Scott Lavergne was checked out of jail at 6:40 a.m. Tuesday, hours before police said they found human remains believed to be those of Mickey Shunick.

“The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office is acting as support agency to the Lafayette PD who is the lead in the case,” said LPSO spokesman Capt. Kip Judice. “We will not comment on why a prisoner was moved.”

Lafayette Police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton would not comment.

Mouton said there is no new information this morning regarding the identity of the body recovered Tuesday. Investigators are finished recovering evidence at the scene, he said.
bilde

What does it mean when a person uses all capital letters to write their name?

How could anyone know what happened inside his truck, unless you are talking about a confession by BL? Is that what you are referring to?

While BSL was talking, they may have asked him about his wounds. Looks like he confessed to the body location so this info could be legit. They know how deep his stabs were - maybe she came close to piercing a major artery, possibly on his neck. I am glad BLS's injuries came from Mickey. I salute Mickey Shunick, her strength and courage.

According to Lafayette Parish Correctional Center records, Brandon Scott Lavergne was checked out of jail at 6:40 a.m. Tuesday, hours before police said they found human remains believed to be those of Mickey Shunick.

“The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office is acting as support agency to the Lafayette PD who is the lead in the case,” said LPSO spokesman Capt. Kip Judice. “We will not comment on why a prisoner was moved.”

Lafayette Police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton would not comment.

Mouton said there is no new information this morning regarding the identity of the body recovered Tuesday. Investigators are finished recovering evidence at the scene, he said.
bilde

What does it mean when a person uses all capital letters to write their name?
Unless it was the officer that wrote his name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman