FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of Lindsey today. I saw Tricia on Web of Death on Hulu and started thinking about Websleuths again. I haven't been here for awhile. Lindsey's was the first case I got into, which brought me here. Kyron's was the second. I wish we had more answers.

Right now I'm thinking more about Dale G. He worked close to where Lindsey went missing from. He took that trip to Ellensberg. Partial remains found near there, not far from a camp or retreat? Remember Dale worked at a camp near Olympia? Maybe he'd been to this camp too? Do we know where he was born and raised? Does he have other ties to Ellensberg?

Also I was just reading here about that Paul Bieker guy and Lindsey's scent tracking up north near his property. Is this the place that DG had a BBQ with a girl and some other people? Does Dale know Bieker? Are they friends/family?

I really want to know if Dale G was a resident at Lazy F Camp & Retreat when he was a kid/teen. I think the person responsible lived in McCleary and was familiar with a location near where he left her remains. I think that location is the camp. I think it's a person who lived in McCleary who had been to the Lazy F Camp before. I'm sure LE would check for connections between those two things, right?

I'm thinking with how far up in the mountains the partial remains of Lindsey were found, did any of the suspects have access to a suitable vehicle? The Honda Ridgeline from the CCTV footage could work, but we don't know if it was related or a red herring.

I'm thinking with how far up in the mountains the partial remains of Lindsey were found, did any of the suspects have access to a suitable vehicle? The Honda Ridgeline from the CCTV footage could work, but we don't know if it was related or a red herring.
Is it possible animals took it from a more accessible location?

Is it possible animals took it from a more accessible location?

Very much, though it would be a very long trek for an animal to take. That's the reason I've been trying to find out exactly where the remains were found, to see from where it would be likely for an animal to wander, and if said place is more accessible to regular vehicles.

I can answer some of these questions.

Dale had never heard of Bieker.

Dale ‘s camp he worked at was an actual kids camp near Olympia. The camp near Lindsey that is spoken of is a dispersed camping site. It’s not on any map. Definitely the same word used to describe both, but different definitions in actuality.

The camp near where Lindsey’s skull fragment was found is not that far up the road, accessible by car in the summer months. 4wd would be required when the snow moves in. Mid-Sept until June.

There are also mines in the area, but it would be very difficult to dig. The remnant was found near a hunting blind. Specifically elk. It’s not known for great hunting though. Elk Hunting has a lottery system as well, you have to win a tag. Neither Golder or Bieker is on the list of tags, but generally all hunters go in groups because a dead elk is a big animal to haul out.

Also, Paul Bieker owned property up until September 2017 in Eastern Washington, which was the same month that the fragment was found. The property was in Stevens county WA. The title was transferred to his ex-wife in the divorce. You can find the documents online with the assessors office.

Dale ‘s camp he worked at was an actual kids camp near Olympia. The camp near Lindsey that is spoken of is a dispersed camping site. It’s not on any map. Definitely the same word used to describe both, but different definitions in actuality.

The camp near where Lindsey’s skull fragment was found is not that far up the road, accessible by car in the summer months. 4wd would be required when the snow moves in. Mid-Sept until June.

There are also mines in the area, but it would be very difficult to dig. The remnant was found near a hunting blind. Specifically elk. It’s not known for great hunting though. Elk Hunting has a lottery system as well, you have to win a tag. Neither Golder or Bieker is on the list of tags, but generally all hunters go in groups because a dead elk is a big animal to haul out.

Also, Paul Bieker owned property up until September 2017 in Eastern Washington, which was the same month that the fragment was found. The property was in Stevens county WA. The title was transferred to his ex-wife in the divorce. You can find the documents online with the assessors office.
And there were no animal predation marks on the fragment found. None.

I don’t think it is someone living close to this place. It is someone who had a good pretext for Lindsay to get into his car. And who has a car able to drive a good distance and not be stopped or broken. Newer, clean, good license plates, but nothing fancy. Very common for our state and something that won’t stand out in either McCleary or Eastern WA. JMO.

I don’t think it is someone living close to this place. It is someone who had a good pretext for Lindsay to get into his car. And who has a car able to drive a good distance and not be stopped or broken. Newer, clean, good license plates, but nothing fancy. Very common for our state and something that won’t stand out in either McCleary or Eastern WA. JMO.

Thank you for the information. I assume you did the excellent podcast as well? If so, thank you for that too.

Do you know if there are any marks at all? Any indication how the fragment became, well, a fragment?
No, unfortunately there was nothing. Oddly, it was placed on a stump. I feel like it was a recognizable piece of skull, enough that I think somebody did not just randomly pick it up and put it down not knowing what it was. Again, that’s just my opinion.

Thank you for the information. I assume you did the excellent podcast as well? If so, thank you for that too.
Lol yeah. We never did the last episode as there was a disagreement on how to present information. The podcast ceased. Tomorrow is the 26th so I thought I would come on here and see if anybody had posted anything new. I realized I hadn’t told anybody what we had found when we visited the mountain last summer.

No, unfortunately there was nothing. Oddly, it was placed on a stump. I feel like it was a recognizable piece of skull, enough that I think somebody did not just randomly pick it up and put it down not knowing what it was. Again, that’s just my opinion.
That's what always got me too. It was placed visibly enough that it was noticed a year or so before it was reported. Yet nothing else was found nearby? With an animal carrying it, at least that could explain it, but if that's out? The only thing I can think of is that it was placed there deliberately by the killer. The rest of her body? Could be buried or dumped at a more isolated location, or perhaps placed in multiple locations like this, just unfound as of yet.

I keep thinking there's something about this place. I suspected the killer lived nearby or at the very least was familiar with the area. If the piece was placed out in the open, perhaps the former is less likely, but otherwise? This area is so far off the beaten path, that if the location didn't matter it seems an unlikely place to leave the body. It's central Washington, the killer could have taken any small road off the highway and find a prime location.

Lol yeah. We never did the last episode as there was a disagreement on how to present information. The podcast ceased. Tomorrow is the 26th so I thought I would come on here and see if anybody had posted anything new. I realized I hadn’t told anybody what we had found when we visited the mountain last summer.
Ah, sorry, I hope I didn't tear at old wounds. I was genuinely informed by the podcast, so I wanted to give credit where it's due.

Thinking of Lindsey’s family today. It’s been fifteen years! This was the first case I followed at WS.

So many twists and turns throughout the years. Dale Golder, Tim Hartman, can’t remember some of the other people who got the side eye.

So is it the general consensus that Bieker is responsible?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back