FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

I'm thinking that it implies someone quite fit to be able to manage the physical effort, with enough back country experience to make carrying the body some distance a desirable option.

Adrenaline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son was hiking in the vicinity of the remote area where searchers currently are focused. He and his hiking buddy were slammed by an early snow and were lost & disoriented. What could have been a life threatening event was thwarted by stumbling into an elk hunters camp site. What I found particularly poignant was the men in the camp hunted the elk using bows and arrows.

Perhaps DG being into archery had accompanied friends elk hunting in that general vicinity.That is tough terrain and it leads me to believe he was somewhat familiar with the wilderness area.

:cow:

( RBBM )

I have sadly followed Lindsey's case for years, long before I joined WS. I'm very thankful for the diligence of many here who are providing such timely updates.

But MizStery, please let me tell you how my heart sank when I read about your son and his hiking buddy getting lost and disoriented by the early snow. As a parent of an adventurous son too, I can hardly bear to imagine how terrified you must have been when you learned of that!

So relieved for them and you that they stumbled into that elk hunters camp site. How amazing they found it and were able to return home safely...

i wish C&P with AB on HLN would do an update on lindsey insteadt of talking about the royal wedding no ones gives a darn about. i understand other cases need to be spotlighted on the show but really the royal wedding?

I have discovered something. When a family member or a friend dies you share your grief with others. Not so much when your connection isn't as structured. I'm sure the WS faithful know exactly what I am talking about. Sure, family and friends are familiar with the situation but it hasn't become part of them.

For me, Lindsey died 6 days ago. It's not that I thought she was alive for the last nine years but somehow my brain never let her be dead. It hurts more than I thought it would.

( RBBM )

I have sadly followed Lindsey's case for years, long before I joined WS. I'm very thankful for the diligence of many here who are providing such timely updates.

But MizStery, please let me tell you how my heart sank when I read about your son and his hiking buddy getting lost and disoriented by the early snow. As a parent of an adventurous son too, I can hardly bear to imagine how terrified you must have been when you learned of that!

So relieved for them and you that they stumbled into that elk hunters camp site. How amazing they found it and were able to return home safely...
Just a note of appreciation to you for those good words. My son's hiking buddy's father is the chaplain at their school. So yes those elk hunters were heros to us.

Now for the rest of the story:
The boys had hyperthermia setting in when they stumbled into the hunters camp. They had a yurt they had set up plus it had a stove heating it. The boys hung all their wet socks,gloves and jackets to dry. They dug in their backpack and proceeded to offer the anxious men looking on some trail mix. Oh that brought tears of laughter from the group. They said they had several ice chests full of steaks and when they went hunting they brought all the comforts of home along. The hunters had heard there was the chance of a storm and had the portable yurt all cozy.

The boys were late finishing their two day hike because of the mountain snow.They knew nothing about the NOAA warning to hikers of the unusual weather for very late summer.

After enjoying tales about their hosts 'bow and arrow' prowess: they sent them on their way. The boys consulted their maps. A wary group watched them making sure the boys final trek took them to the trailhead and then on to the parking lot.

The other boys father was anxiously waiting.

So the first his father and I heard about them being lost in the mountains haggard son showed up and told us of their terrible shock & scare with the early snowfall.

I have a special place in my heart for those caring gentlemen who were there for our boys! I also give a prayer of thanks that they cared & watched over our sons.

I have discovered something. When a family member or a friend dies you share your grief with others. Not so much when your connection isn't as structured. I'm sure the WS faithful know exactly what I am talking about. Sure, family and friends are familiar with the situation but it hasn't become part of them.

For me, Lindsey died 6 days ago. It's not that I thought she was alive for the last nine years but somehow my brain never let her be dead. It hurts more than I thought it would.

Nice to see you Mike.... I’m with you on this one.... it was as if she was my own.

Just a note of appreciation to you for those good words. My son's hiking buddy's father is the chaplain at their school. So yes those elk hunters were heros to us.

Now for the rest of the story:
The boys had hyperthermia setting in when they stumbled into the hunters camp. They had a yurt they had set up plus it had a stove heating it. The boys hung all their wet socks,gloves and jackets to dry. They dug in their backpack and proceeded to offer the anxious men looking on some trail mix. Oh that brought tears of laughter from the group. They said they had several ice chests full of steaks and when they went hunting they brought all the comforts of home along. The hunters had heard there was the chance of a storm and had the portable yurt all cozy.

The boys were late finishing their two day hike because of the mountain snow.They knew nothing about the NOAA warning to hikers of the unusual weather for very late summer.

After enjoying tales about their hosts 'bow and arrow' prowess: they sent them on their way. The boys consulted their maps. A wary group watched them making sure the boys final trek took them to the trailhead and then on to the parking lot.

The other boys father was anxiously waiting.

So the first his father and I heard about them being lost in the mountains haggard son showed up and told us of their terrible shock & scare with the early snowfall.

I have a special place in my heart for those caring gentlemen who were there for our boys! I also give a prayer of thanks that they cared & watched over our sons.

Thank you so much for the rest of the story. Your son and his friend were truly being watched over in every sense of the word! By the Universe and by those wonderful men who made sure they were safe.

I'm so glad to find out that you weren't aware of their frightening ordeal until it was already over, and your son was there in person to relay it himself.

As a mother I've also been able to hug my son after a terrifying scare. I wish so badly that Lindsey's mother too could have had the joy of reunion with her.

Thanks again for sharing your very heartwarming story. It shows us the good in other people at a time when we definitely need to hear it!

I agree with you Mike...very well put.

DG court items:

• [FONT=&amp]06/11/2018 3.5 Suppression Hearing
    [FONT=&amp]Hearing Time
    1:50 PM

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]06/18/2018 Pre-Trial Conference
    [FONT=&amp]Hearing Time
    1:50 PM

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

This is my thinking also. The low probability that an innocent DG was located at the time and place of the abduction coupled with his placement near the remains a few weeks later - 180 miles away - makes the circumstantial case very strong. We know of no other such connection in this crime. So, I can see how the government might be trying to get him to sing and incriminate himself. If they are, it appears it isn't working.

I find it hard to believe he would not have already sung long ago.

I'm not quite following, based on a singular charge alone.

Digging into the depths of his history, this man's path was paved with ill intentions which set him in opposition with the law.

It doesn't really paint the picture of serial predator so much as incompetent indigent bystander- knowing different, how is it he's managed to go this long with minor skirmishes?

And finally... Fiddlehead... you aren't imagining anything, so much as ahead of the curve here.

I agree. This guy doesn't strike me as the type to get away with this for nearly a decade. With his addiction, all his run ins with law enforcement, enemies I'm sure he's made.... something would have popped up before now.

My observation is not reflective of only that singular charge... it seems LE could order new blank ticket forms with his name pre-printed in the NAME field and jails could install a dedicated entrance with a revolving door... just for him.

As I commented earlier, I'm feeling DG is not good for this. I hope I'm wrong, since he's already in the system and searches are underway.

I will be very surprised if he ends up being guilty. It just doesn't feel right.

I find it hard to believe he would not have already sung long ago.

I agree. This guy doesn't strike me as the type to get away with this for nearly a decade. With his addiction, all his run ins with law enforcement, enemies I'm sure he's made.... something would have popped up before now.

I will be very surprised if he ends up being guilty. It just doesn't feel right.

I don't disagree with your characterization of DG, but on the other hand there's a lot of circumstances that need to be explained if it's not him. I'm sure he's not the only person in McCleary who hunts in the back country but the phone calls and the behavior changes are troubling.

I don't disagree with your characterization of DG, but on the other hand there's a lot of circumstances that need to be explained if it's not him. I'm sure he's not the only person in McCleary who hunts in the back country but the phone calls and the behavior changes are troubling.

I definitely think that DG is the perp; I hope that he's found guilty in court.

You know what else is troubling?

Keep in mind that DG would very likely be a registered sex offender of attempted rape of a minor had the mother of that young teenage girl he locked in a room after forcing her to watch *advertiser censored* then attempted to rape for two hours not told her daughter to lie to investigators in order to protect her friend's son.

Anyone who has dismissed DG as the perp here needs to ask themselves if they'd do so were he a registered sex offender. Because he should be one.

I'm sure he's not the only person in McCleary who hunts in the back country but the phone calls and the behavior changes are troubling.

Keep in mind that DG would very likely be a registered sex offender of attempted rape of a minor had the mother of that young teenage girl he locked in a room after forcing her to watch *advertiser censored* then attempted to rape for two hours not told her daughter to lie to investigators in order to protect her friend's son.

Anyone who has dismissed DG as the perp here needs to ask themselves if they'd do so were he a registered sex offender. Because he should be one.

Absolutely. I wouldn't feel any differently if he was an RSO.
My thoughts are solely based on his erratic behavior, not any belief that he's a saint.

It's just an observation, not a dismissal of him as a suspect. I agree there's a lot pointing to him and he has to be thoroughly checked out. Obviously it's not 100%, but generally people who get away with crimes for several years are much more composed than this guy is.

It's certainly possible he did commit the crime and maybe doesn't remember enough to give himself away? He just seems far too erratic to keep such a secret for so long. Maybe he's not as erratic when it's life in prison on the line though, I don't know.

Since he was only 14 when the incident occurred I don't believe he would have become a registered sex offender.

I think he's definitely capable of abduction and murder, but like some people have mentioned, his erratic behavior makes me wonder if he's capable of covering it up for so long.
On the other hand, I wonder if he was always this crazy or years of drug use and possibly other phsycological disorder has made him worse.
So maybe at the time he was in a state of mind to carry it out and cover it up.
I guess I can't say I'm convinced either way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member