FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely correct Rainyday!
Confirmation bias.
We see too many defendants charged because of this when the evidence doesn't support it. We end up having to get a court order for the detective to actually INVESTIGATE the case thoroughly!
Once the detective decides someone did it, they don't look elsewhere and they only look for evidence that supports their theory.
I'm very glad Lindsey has more open minded LE on her side than many of my clients!

I honestly think that Dale is the culprit in this case but we need evidence to support it.
I'm inclined to think he is, or is at least involved, but I hope LE thoroughly investigate to ensure the right person or persons is/are charged. There are certainly coincidences (seemingly), but there needs to be something more solid to bring a conviction. MOO

Praying for justice for Lindsey.

I'm inclined to think he is, or is at least involved, but I hope LE thoroughly investigate to ensure the right person or persons is/are charged. There are certainly coincidences (seemingly), but there needs to be something more solid to bring a conviction. MOO

Praying for justice for Lindsey.
Yes I’m hoping the culprit(s) is caught before Lindsey’s 21st birthday.

Lindsey Jo Baum
<modsnipped>

• lindsey_jo_baum_1.jpg
  • lindsey_jo_baum_2.jpg
  • lindsey_jo_baum_3.jpg
  • lindsey_jo_baum_4.jpg
Lindsey, circa 2009

• Missing Since06/26/2009
  • Missing FromMcCleary, Washington
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age10 years old
  • Height and Weight-
  • Distinguishing Characteristics-
Details of Disappearance
Lindsey, 10, disappeared from McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009. In May 2018, authorities announced her remains have been identified. Her body was found by hunters in a remote area in eastern Washington in September 2017. No suspects have been named in her case, which is now considered a kidnapping and murder.
Investigating Agency
Source Information
Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 10, 2018;<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else find Dale Golder more suspecting now? He worked in a camp that was close to the area where Lindsey’s remains were found. He also lived near the area and when his residence was searched they found tire tracks leading into the woods.
This was disproven earlier in this thread. He had been suspended from the camp as a counselor. He lied to police that he was there.

This was disproven earlier in this thread. He had been suspended from the camp as a counselor. He lied to police that he was there.

From memory. I believe Dale and another guy he hung out with worked at the camp. I think it was a day only camp so it would be a place that she could have been brought to.

Does anyone know how close the camp was to where her body was found?

Lindsey's case was what brought me to Websleuths and other sites. I have never stopped thinking about her and wondering if she would be found. Now I wonder if they will ever know what happened and who is responsible.

From memory. I believe Dale and another guy he hung out with worked at the camp. I think it was a day only camp so it would be a place that she could have been brought to.

Does anyone know how close the camp was to where her body was found?

Lindsey's case was what brought me to Websleuths and other sites. I have never stopped thinking about her and wondering if she would be found. Now I wonder if they will ever know what happened and who is responsible.
As Far as I have read it was in close proximity

I don’t know how I’m mistaken:( I’m failing this case:(
I thought the camp was in Shelton, and Ellensburg would be quite a drive away, at least 2-3 hours.
Something interesting I was thinking about..
Both directions of going north to I 90 Ellensburg, or going south and through Yakima and up to Manastash have very limited cell phone coverage. The mountain passes make it near impossible to call out or text. I am At t. I dont know about other carriers, but I assume it's the same . The Cascades makes that entire triangle of area a dead zone for service.
The route through Yakima is very rural and I believe when the Honda Ridgeline left the gas station they headed to the South, which would cut over to I5 to Centralia where to there is a connection to the 12, to Yakima and then North towards Manastash.

D.G s car wouldn't have made it up to Manastash ridge. You need a 4wd capable vehicle to make it to the Riders camp. And the escape route from there is over an old crumbly bridge they replaced over the next few years. In 2009, it was crumbly. And if her killer needed an escape route, he d have to make it over that bridge after going over roughish terrain to get to the old riders camp.

They built the new riders camp slightly over from the original spot. I would be curious of the contracting on all these projects up there and timeline. I've been reading up on all their projects up there currently, but nothing has come together in my brain yet.

I thought the camp was in Shelton, and Ellensburg would be quite a drive away, at least 2-3 hours.
Something interesting I was thinking about..
Both directions of going north to I 90 Ellensburg, or going south and through Yakima and up to Manastash have very limited cell phone coverage. The mountain passes make it near impossible to call out or text. I am At t. I dont know about other carriers, but I assume it's the same . The Cascades makes that entire triangle of area a dead zone for service.
The route through Yakima is very rural and I believe when the Honda Ridgeline left the gas station they headed to the South, which would cut over to I5 to Centralia where to there is a connection to the 12, to Yakima and then North towards Manastash.

D.G s car wouldn't have made it up to Manastash ridge. You need a 4wd capable vehicle to make it to the Riders camp. And the escape route from there is over an old crumbly bridge they replaced over the next few years. In 2009, it was crumbly. And if her killer needed an escape route, he d have to make it over that bridge after going over roughish terrain to get to the old riders camp.

They built the new riders camp slightly over from the original spot. I would be curious of the contracting on all these projects up there and timeline. I've been reading up on all their projects up there currently, but nothing has come together in my brain yet.
I’m guessing this rules Dale out?

I’m guessing this rules Dale out?
Not necessarily, he could have borrowed a vehicle. But after the search at his property and of his car, I feel like it's less likely. Same with T.H. Forensics are pretty thorough. I feel like if it was an already named suspect, the case would be closed. Everyone is looking forward to Justice.

There s so many loose connections in this case that go nowhere. Very frustrating.

Not necessarily, he could have borrowed a vehicle. But after the search at his property and of his car, I feel like it's less likely. Same with T.H. Forensics are pretty thorough. I feel like if it was an already named suspect, the case would be closed. Everyone is looking forward to Justice.

There s so many loose connections in this case that go nowhere. Very frustrating.
I wonder when we will see the forensic report on Lindsey’s remains.

I'd like to be more proactive in this search. It's a local case for me, and I am pissed about it honestly. I'm having a real day of "it's not fair" going on . I need some action.

Most everything can be looked at on Google Earth, but Manastash Ridge is heavily treed. I'd like to go up there and walk around.

Does anyone have any photo requests? They did a good job covering it when her mom placed flowers, but I want to see with my eyes.

Last week there was a post about a websluether finding a possible bone. Regardless if it panned out, I feel like something is missing and there are answers up there . FBI is trained, Search and rescue trained, what does it look like to the untrained eye? Maybe a new perspective. Grasping at ideas .

Pm if you are not comfortable speaking here.

I'd like to be more proactive in this search. It's a local case for me, and I am pissed about it honestly. I'm having a real day of "it's not fair" going on . I need some action.

Most everything can be looked at on Google Earth, but Manastash Ridge is heavily treed. I'd like to go up there and walk around.

Does anyone have any photo requests? They did a good job covering it when her mom placed flowers, but I want to see with my eyes.

Last week there was a post about a websluether finding a possible bone. Regardless if it panned out, I feel like something is missing and there are answers up there . FBI is trained, Search and rescue trained, what does it look like to the untrained eye? Maybe a new perspective. Grasping at ideas .

Pm if you are not comfortable speaking here.
We need to have the member go back there and get the bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr