GUILTY France - Baby Loan, 4 mos, Chenerailles, 27 Aug 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to sound like a "Dumb American Tourist," but has anyone seen any English articles about this case???

I looked up both of the parents and found plenty of articles, but it appears that Google would barely pass a French class. I have no experience with Romance languages (just English and a little German) so I didn't have much choice in using the translator.

Also, the parents weren't married so they have different surnames. Which was Loan's last name? I just saw him referred to as "Baby Loan."
I would try to search for that if I knew.

The poor child has just been referred to by his first name in everything I've seen

I hate to sound like a "Dumb American Tourist," but has anyone seen any English articles about this case???

I looked up both of the parents and found plenty of articles, but it appears that Google would barely pass a French class. I have no experience with Romance languages (just English and a little German) so I didn't have much choice in using the translator.

Also, the parents weren't married so they have different surnames. Which was Loan's last name? I just saw him referred to as "Baby Loan."
I would try to search for that if I knew.

I use Danjeux, the dad's surname. English language media don't seem to have covered this much. AFP, France24 English and Irish Journal.ie seem to be the best places, though I haven't seen much with this case.

Latest info I can find is that Cédric Danjeux is still in custody awaiting trial, charged with aggravated violence without intention to kill (carrying a maximum 20-year sentence) and Christelle Mourlon is out on bond, charged with failure to assist a person in danger which has a max 5 -7 year sentence. This is the charge in France that's also used if you say, see a person injured on the highway and fail to call for help. Danjeux's attorney says he admits accidentally beating Loan to death, a week before he was reported missing.

Danjeux also appeared in court in March this year charged with stealing radios from the vehicles of neighbors. They declined to press charges saying the radios were returned but he was still sentenced to two months in prison and a €400 fine. He has 18 previous, similar convictions. Mourlon was also charged but didn't appear in court and her lawyer pleaded for clemency due to her fragility. She received a €100 fine.

Google translated:
https://translate.google.de/transla...ectionnel-de-gueret_11381589.html&prev=search

Good God, how can you "accidentally" beat a baby to death? Poor little Loan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back