France, Dominique Pélicot, drugged wife of 50 years nightly, filmed rape by at least 51 men, 2011-2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Hundreds join silent march in France

in support of Gisèle Pelicot.

1728338741920.jpeg

A silent march took place in support of Gisèle Pelicot and other female victims of sexual violence on Saturday in Mazan,
the village where Pelicot’s husband is accused of drugging her and inviting more than 80 men to assault her at their home.

Hundreds of women and men turned out in solidarity with the woman
at the centre of a case that has shocked the world.

1728338915522.jpeg

Members of the Pelicot family did not attend
but said they appreciated the public support.

"Gender-based violence:

What's being done to protect women?

1728339233183.jpeg

Gender-based violence, defined as violence directed against a person because of their biological or social gender, is omnipresent.

According to estimates by the World Health Organization, almost one in three women worldwide has experienced either physical and/or sexual violence in her lifetime.

In addition to the highly publicized
- #MeToo movement in the United States,

- campaigns such as #aufschrei in Germany,

- mass protests in Mexico and India
against rape and femicide

- or,
most recently,
the case of Gisele Pelicot in France

can raise awareness,
but change happens only if politicians and the judiciary follow suit."

I wonder if Pelicot knowingly and intentionally got his wife hooked on drugs, btw. Observing her, she looks more lucid now than at the beginning of the trial. But being hooked… were these benzos and alcohol? Then withdrawal would be bad and she’d have insomnia. The dreams of being raped she talks about was the dissociative effect of whatever this guy used, so she felt she was dreaming and it was the reality.

What I wonder is: - did he collect the money from the men who raped her? Did his actions have an element of sex trafficking?

Or was it pure paraphilia, him being able to derive excitement from this situation?

- or did he not collect the money but would sell the videos online?

Ugly either way.

I wonder if Pelicot knowingly and intentionally got his wife hooked on drugs, btw. Observing her, she looks more lucid now than at the beginning of the trial. But being hooked… were these benzos and alcohol? Then withdrawal would be bad and she’d have insomnia. The dreams of being raped she talks about was the dissociative effect of whatever this guy used, so she felt she was dreaming and it was the reality.

What I wonder is: - did he collect the money from the men who raped her? Did his actions have an element of sex trafficking?

Or was it pure paraphilia, him being able to derive excitement from this situation?

Ugly either way.
If he did get his wife unknowingly hooked on drugs, she wouldn't still be on them. He was arrested in 2020.

If he did get his wife unknowingly hooked on drugs, she wouldn't still be on them. He was arrested in 2020.
Oh. She is most likely not but i wonder if she had to be detoxed. On the first photos, she looked very weak. Now, not so much. JMO.

Oh. She is most likely not but i wonder if she had to be detoxed. On the first photos, she looked very weak. Now, not so much. JMO.
A trial is a terrifying thing. But as it's progressed, she's become more and more aware of just how many people are standing behind her, supporting her. And just how pathetic her abusers are, how small. I'd take courage and walk with my head held higher, too.

I think what we're seeing is transformation.

MOO

respectively, that’s not how addiction works.

i agree though — whether it’s confidence or clarity, she looks powerful now! :)

Ugly either way.

I didn't notice her looking less than lucid and she had sunglasses on in most pictures
but if she was, it could be prescription from her doctor to try and get through these terrible court days

A trial is a terrifying thing. But as it's progressed, she's become more and more aware of just how many people are standing behind her, supporting her. And just how pathetic her abusers are, how small. I'd take courage and walk with my head held higher, too.

I think what we're seeing is transformation.

MOO
I agree.

The power of support from others while standing up for yourself is AMAZINGLY powerful not just for this victim but for anyone. It's a lesson to never be a boulder in anyone's path. It's honestly an inspiring example not just to be strong ourselves when knocked down, but to allow OTHERS to get up when knocked down.

Wow, what can be accomplished when we're actually nice to each other.

jmopinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back