GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a beautiful girl, hope she is safe and well somewhere, I'm hoping for a positive ending, but I'm not so sure :(

So Fiona never made it to the " park " she was reported missing from ? Is that the feeling you are getting? That seems to be what LE think here. ::(

I never thought Fiona made it to the park. I thought she was already deceased.

Maybe days before she was reported missing. Probably from the last day she was seen at school.

Something happened and they went to the dr without FI to try to get an excuse for her to withdraw school in hopes of ' burying' the incident by moving to another town.
Poor Fiona :(
I hope French police have the evidence to make these two pay IF they are guilty of harming
that angel!

Disappearance of Fiona: a third person in custody
Reportedly, a man close to the stepfather of the little Fiona was placed in custody on Tuesday 24th September in the late afternoon, in the premises of the judicial police in Clermont-Ferrand (Puy -de-Dome). The mother of missing child, Cecile Bud, and stepfather Fiona Berkane Makhlouf, had been placed in custody , a little earlier,Perpignan (Pyrénées-Orientales).

The lawyer of the young woman, Gilles-Jean Portejoie, said the couple was in custody in Perpignan, where he recently moved and where the family of the mother lives. The lawyer, who could not talk to his client, said, however, ignore "what the new evidence" justifying these custody. According to the website of the newspaper "The Mountain" , a search was over in the apartment rented by the couple in the center of Perpignan.

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...ersonne-en-garde-a-vue-24-09-2013-3166111.php

I just saw your post Bearbear of a 3rd arrest. I hope by morning , we will have a lot of new info.
Be beautiful little angel Fiona !

Thanks for the heads-up SCHMAE :)
This news has just been waiting to happen - and Im so glad to see some action from the Police.
I hope that Fiona is still alive - I really do - with all my heart - she is a precious little gem of child who has been let down so horrendously by her protecters.

And now a third person involved!?
Waiting for more news now.
Lets hope answers are forthcoming very quickly.

Who on earth is the third person? A maternal relative maybe?

I'll search around and see if I can find out.

It looks like that vague, weird timeline of children being left alone, oddly-timed naps in the park and delays in alerting authorities, has been blown apart at the seams. Right from the start, a lot of French Moms in the park that day and who used it regularly,were questioning the story of Fiona's disappearance.

It sounded to me as though Cecile had bypassed the safe play area where all the Moms took their kids, and supposedly taken her two little ones on an arduous trek to an isolated place. while heavily pregnant. If it was Germany, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Toddlers happily trek here, with a fully-equipped mini backpack, with family of course.

In France though? An afternoon outing that bypasses the place where Fiona's friends would be, and a trek that exhausted Mom so much she fell asleep....

Bearing in mind Cecile and boyfriend's history of heroin addiction reported in msn, and Cecile's admission she had strong prescription drugs in her system when she crashed her car while pregnant ( don't know if it was her prescription though)......it just made me think that sometimes you hear of quiet corners of parks becoming known for drug deals. It's just a thought.

She looks very slim for someone who recently had a baby, to me.

wow. When I first came to websleuth I would never imagine case after case being the same story the same crime.
I hope they find little Fiona, she is such a cutie.

The third person taken into custody is 'a man close to stepdad'.
(ETA: Arrested in Clermont Ferrand, not Perpignan)

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...ersonne-en-garde-a-vue-24-09-2013-3166111.php

Does anyone recall early on, when Cecile seemed to be pointing fingers everywhere, there was some story about a third person in the home, who she and boyfriend had invited to stay, but didn't know his name? I wonder if there is some connection there to the arrest, although I don't believe the 'nameless guest in the home' story is the complete one, for a minute.

She looks very slim for someone who recently had a baby, to me.

Perhaps her former drug addiction has become a current one ?
Did they cover her face with a cloth ? So people cannot see
her? That's weird since everyone knows her face already .

Agreed. At the bottom of that Parisien article, I glimpsed a story before (they've moved it now) about a six year old found dead in his father's home, who had weekend custody. :( Police are searching for the father now, but again, didn't seem to have released the name.

Shrug. Cecile did her press interviews with her criminal lawyer right beside her from the start, so she has a public profile now, like it or not. Her boyfriend kept well clear of the press, I notice. Doesn't seem to be a single pic of him anywhere.

Berkane Maklouf is his name, in case anyone comes across a FB page or something. I'm rubbish at finding anything on FB.

From your link, and just my translation:
LE think the park story was staged, IOW didn't happen as Cecile said it did.

Two other people have been taken into custody. Article title says five are now in custody.

Extremely surprised to find herself in custody, Cecile maintained her park story during her interrogation.

According to LE, no one saw Cecile with her two girls at the open market the morning of May 12th where Cecile said they had gone.

LE believe Cecile may have been in the park that afternoon but with only one child, and not Fiona.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back