GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's possible Bertrane really does not know where she is. If he was in a heroin induced stupor and just went out and ' tossed' her somewhere ,he could very easily have no idea the next time he is sober. I mean, surely within the same town or what not, but not a specific location. I'm not a bit trying to excuse his excuse , just saying it's possible he forgot or thought he knew and did not.

Fiona's Case: search resumes October 7
«Nous savons qu'ils se sont rendus sur le secteur d'Aydat, car leur téléphone mobile a été tracé grâce au relais des téléphones portables, mais la zone de recherches est beaucoup trop vaste pour pouvoir retrouver l'endroit précis où Fiona a pu être enterrée. Sans eux, les chances de trouver le corps sont très réduites».
"We know they went to the Aydat area because their mobile phone was traced through pings, but the search area is far too large to be able to find the exact spot where Fiona could have been buried. Without them, chances of finding the body are slimmer."

Affaire Fiona : les recherches ne reprendront que le 7 octobre
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...dront-que-le-7-octobre-01-10-2013-3186099.php

Thanks Quester. I'm very sad though, because I don't think the only person who knows will help.

I guess a plane wouldn't be any good either, because of all the trees. I am hoping police will be able to fund search teams as long as possible, and maybe private teams and the people of Clermont Ferrand will help out too. I hope they are permitted to help. There are lots of skilled hunters in France, and I am sure they are capable of searching for signs of disturbed earth, or new growth.

Fiona was abandoned by the person who should have loved her most - I truly believe the people of Clermont Ferrand feel it is their duty now, to care for her. They can find her. They want to find her. They MUST find little Fiona, and bring her home. I hope from the bottom of my heart that they do.

Nous sommes a vos cotes - we are at your side. Apologies for not being able to put the accents on the words. The message is from the heart, although it is imperfect.

BBM - Unless the body is drug tested and found positive for drugs, or proof of long term physical abuse, or ???

I am so angry at that woman!
Cecile chose to keep, and presumably continued to expose, small children in a druggie house and chose an alleged abusive partner who was not the bio dad. I don't care what sob story of an upbringing she had, Cecile is no victim. She made choices that endangered her children and one ended up dead and it was directly due to her choices. Shame on her!

Tie her tubes, throw her in jail, she should never again have custody of her children. Despicable creature! JMO

Quester, I often can't put into words exactly how I feel about this case. It is so horrific. But sometimes you and Schmae say something and I think 'Yes! That's exactly how I feel.' Thank you.

There are those fabulous mothers in France who didn't let Fiona be forgotten.
If you gave them all a spade, they would dig up France to find her.

You need to be found little one.
Wont be long.

fiona_2.jpg

Aren't those moms in Clermont Ferrand just great? They marched on the streets for Fiona, when Fiona's mom took to her bed; they set up facebook pages and sent out flyers, when Fiona's mom tried to get it all shut down......and they sobbed with real emotion, when they learned what had really happened to the petite chou.

The women of Clermont Ferrand stayed loyal to Fiona, when her own mom had fled to Perpignan. I believe they will not rest until she is found.

I have seen a lot of people calling for the death penalty, which doesn't even exist in France. If Berkane does know where Fiona is, he really should say. The people of France want her back, and they are not in the mood for more lies.

There are those fabulous mothers in France who didn't let Fiona be forgotten.
If you gave them all a spade, they would dig up France to find her.

You need to be found little one.
Wont be long.

fiona_2.jpg

Oooh that makes me weepy :(

Video here of Berkane ranting at the press. He homes in on a woman, I notice.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...=10&client=safari&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=644

Also at that link, there's another article with bio-dad Nicholas who is asked what he thinks about the fact Cecile could be released in four months! He replies, "It's ridiculous."

I agree with him. And hope and pray she does not get custody of her newborn again.

I haven't found any info about new searches.

ETA, sorry, once again link isn't going straight to the video. It's on the right hand side of the page. Berkane's in the middle in a hoodie, surrounded by press.

Four months is what little Fiona's life is worth?
And people wonder what is wrong with the world !

In the US on these conditions, they would be drug testing mum and baby. Do you know if that is common practice there?

I don't think it is in Europe. In England, and France I think, docs will test a baby born showing obvious signs of drug use by Mom, but I am not sure they can force someone to take a drug test unless a crime has been committed.

If authorities decide to take a child into care though, I can imagine a parent with a history of addiction would have a hard time getting that child back, unless they submitted to a drugs test though.

I was quite amazed that Cecile was ordered to have a psychological evaluation before she was charged, myself. And even more amazed the psychologist was allowed to talk about her findings afterwards. That seems very different from the US and England.

Where are you little Fiona?
Speak to someone and guide them right to you .
We need you to come home.

OT- tonight my partner and I went to a local restaurant, arriving at about 8PM. The restaurant in one of five, all on ground level, and there is an upmarket type motel above these. There is a river on one side of the buildings, (lovely in summer), and on the other side a car park, and then a quite busy road. As we were walking from the car, we saw a little boy, about two years old, walking alone. We couldn't see anyone else around, it was dark and we were worried, so I called out to him, "are you ok, where are your parents", he did turn around, and I called out again, but he didn't answer, and kept walking. My partner and I decided that I would keep an eye on the little one, whilst he tried to find his parents by visiting the restaurants and asking if anyone had "lost a little boy" I kept talking to the little boy, and walked a little way behind him, for at least ten minutes. Then we met with some young men coming the other way, one of whom scooped the little boy into his arms, and we all went to the motel lobby, hoping the staff could help us.
At that point my partner arrived, saying he had found the father, who arrived, looking completely unfussed, a minute or so later. He did thank us, but didn't seem fazed by the dangers of the river, or car park, busy road, or any strangers wandering around. When we were walking back to the restaurant, we saw a little boy, maybe five years old, and a girl, maybe seven years old, walking towards the motel alone. The siblings apparently.

I still get shivers thinking about what might have happened tonight.

What the heck? What country Minus?
That makes me wonder if he wasn't hoping the child might have a true ' accident' . He fell in the river, a car hit him, he run away and I couldn't catch him . Weird !

@minusfour - that is so scary! :scared:
What's with these people!

I'm in Australia, a regional town of about 100 thousand people. Friendly, but by no means crime free. It was so strange, 'cause the father acted like we had retrieved his cricket ball over our fence, or something, thanks, but no big deal.

Search resumes today for baby FI! Come on FIONA, show yourself.
( i will not express my opinion on taking the weekend off in france for the search ya know,, because that would just be rude and American arrogance at its finest )
But since they are back on track today, let's pray and hope and cross our fingers
this little angel is found !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields
Back