France - Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint, Paris, 2016 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does tmz count as MSM on celebrity threads?

"Kim Kardashian was ordered out of bed by masked men she initially thought were going to rape her."
http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/03/kim-kardashian-robbery-paris/

Okay, if this happened, I truly feel for her. But I remain skeptical. I mean, why pull a robbery victim out of bed? Wouldn't you just sneak past her and only deal with her if she woke up?

More....

"We're told Kim saw at least one masked man and another wearing a police hat through a sliding glass door. She knew something was amiss, so she rolled off the bed and tried dialing her bodyguard on her cell phone."

So, they ordered her out of bed, but she had already rolled off the bed?

And....

"The robbers duct taped her ankles, picked her up and put her in the bathtub. She then started screaming ... begging them not to kill her because she had babies."

I probably would've screamed earlier, but I guess she didn't.

New info I haven't read yet:

"We're told a friend of Kim's -- Simone -- was also in the apartment ... sleeping in the downstairs bedroom. Simone heard the commotion and locked herself in the bathroom and called Pascal, the bodyguard, and Kourtney ... telling them to hurry back because something was terribly wrong."

If I heard a commotion upstairs, not sure my first response would be to lock myself in the bathroom. I would probably call or go up there to check it out.

Still saying hmmmm.....

would love to hear professional criminal pro filers weigh in on this. Why expose someone recognizing your face by having more contact than needed?

Confusing details about how many "robbers" there were. Some reports indicate two, while others say as many as five masked men in police uniforms. I hope there's surveillance video in the area that can be pieced together to provide more information about what happened. How about eyewitnesses? Robbers escaped on bicycles (2 or 4?). Someone must have seen or heard them at some point while they were fleeing from KKW's apartment. I trust there will be a competent, thorough investigation into this alleged robbery.

I wonder where they stashed the bikes during the robbery? Do police in Paris ride bikes - could they have convinced the doorman that they were cops on bikes and brought them in the lobby when the entered? Did they lock the bikes outside - that would be silly - or just lean them against the building during the heist? Maybe there is an alley or something.

Video will answer many questions, I'm sure. If there is any video.

jmo

Bicycles though.

Now I'm wondering how anyone knows they fled on bikes. Kim was duct taped in the bathtub and her friend was hiding in a bathroom on the floor below. The doorman was locked up. Who is giving the information about the bikes??

jmo

On Sunday evening, Kim attended the Givenchy fashion show with her sister Kourtney and their mother, Kris Jenner, and the rock singer Courtney Love, before making her way to the dinner.

... a spokesman for the investigative unit of the Paris police, said the men were part of a group of about five people who stormed the V.I.P. residence, the Hôtel de Pourtalès, near the Madeleine church. At least one had a handgun. “Once they were in the building, they tied up the receptionist’s hands. They went up the stairs and entered her room. They tied up her hands and put a gag in her mouth.”

... a spokesman for a police officers’ union, said the men locked Kim in a bathroom after tying her up with tape. Along with the jewelry, which included a ring, they made off with cellphones and a wallet that contained credit cards. Three of the men left on foot, and two on bikes. The men had targeted their victim — they forced the concierge to tell them where Kim was staying, and tied his hands.

The men appeared to have worn shirts identifying themselves as police officers — but also balaclavas and gloves, which are not part of the police uniform.

The TV star left France on Monday with her daughter, North, 3, and son, Saint, who is 10 months old. They were not present when the robbery occurred.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/world/europe/kim-kardashian-robbed.html

On Sunday evening, Kim attended the Givenchy fashion show with her sister Kourtney and their mother, Kris Jenner, and the rock singer Courtney Love, before making her way to the dinner.

... a spokesman for the investigative unit of the Paris police, said the men were part of a group of about five people who stormed the V.I.P. residence, the Hôtel de Pourtalès, near the Madeleine church. At least one had a handgun. “Once they were in the building, they tied up the receptionist’s hands. They went up the stairs and entered her room. They tied up her hands and put a gag in her mouth.”

... a spokesman for a police officers’ union, said the men locked Kim in a bathroom after tying her up with tape. Along with the jewelry, which included a ring, they made off with cellphones and a wallet that contained credit cards. Three of the men left on foot, and two on bikes. The men had targeted their victim — they forced the concierge to tell them where Kim was staying, and tied his hands.

The men appeared to have worn shirts identifying themselves as police officers — but also balaclavas and gloves, which are not part of the police uniform.

The TV star left France on Monday with her daughter, North, 3, and son, Saint, who is 10 months old. They were not present when the robbery occurred.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/world/europe/kim-kardashian-robbed.html

This is a bit different from other stories today, but that isn't unusual with breaking stories.

However, I wish the reports would indicate HOW they know that the robbers fled on bike and foot. That indicates either a witness and/or video, right?

jmo

I wonder where they stashed the bikes during the robbery? Do police in Paris ride bikes - could they have convinced the doorman that they were cops on bikes and brought them in the lobby when the entered? Did they lock the bikes outside - that would be silly - or just lean them against the building during the heist? Maybe there is an alley or something.

Video will answer many questions, I'm sure. If there is any video.

jmo

Paris Police has a Bike Brigade.
According to this instructional video, they drop their bikes on the ground or use them as shields and weapons.
https://youtu.be/JD8l-idBqp0

Maybe one of them stayed with the bikes, just like the one who sits waiting in the car, ready to speed off.

I am surprised about the suggestion that this would be a hoax.
No doubt the insurance company will look into this.
Meanwhile, a specialized unit of the Paris Police is investigating:

Europe1.fr
http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/...mee-dans-un-hotel-a-paris-est-indemne-2862529

The safety plan was notably light. No private security agent was present at the apartment with Kim Kardashian. According to our information, her bodyguard was in a nightclub at the time, to protect Kourtney, sister of the star. The Suppression of Banditry Brigade (BRB) of the Paris police, which has taken up the investigation, will face a problem: there is no surveillance camera in this particular hotel.

I am also surprised that her bodyguards did not advise against this venue.

Paris Police has a Bike Brigade.
According to this instructional video, they drop their bikes on the ground or use them as shields and weapons.
https://youtu.be/JD8l-idBqp0

Maybe one of them stayed with the bikes, just like the one who sits waiting in the car, ready to speed off.

I am surprised about the suggestion that this would be a hoax.
No doubt the insurance company will look into this.
Meanwhile, a specialized unit of the Paris Police is investigating:

I am also surprised that her bodyguards did not advise against this venue.

No cameras? ok, this is really strange now.

French Police suspect a gang from Eastern Europe.

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...im-returns-NY-gunmen-tied-MARBLE-bathtub.html

As French police were said to suspect an Eastern European gang with ‘inside’ help, a source told the New York Post: 'French police suspect that the five alleged robbers had some contact with her security and were tipped off about her procedures.

'They knew there was no security [with her inside her apartment that night]. All they had to do was go in, make contact with someone inside the hotel. They have issues with story of more than one worker at the hotel. They are also talking to bodyguards who worked with her earlier in the week.'

BBM

"iPhone security expert Andrew McDonnell told Us Weekly on Monday that the burglars, who also reportedly took two iPhones believed to belong to Kardashian, will likely not be able to obtain personal information if the reality star’s devices were set with pass codes."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...rdashians-robbery---exclusive-details-w443000

If they do have the phones, I expect "leaked" photos to emerge from all this.....

jmo

Edited to add: "A Paris police official tells Us Weekly that the five robbers were spotted escaping on bicycles after their organized raid."
From the same link as above.

So that means some sort of witness.

French cops think thieves were tipped off by Kim’s security

...According to the source, one or more of the armed robbers could have been a bodyguard who had protected her before in Paris.

...We’re told that much of the incident was caught on hotel security cameras — the men in the lobby and hallway – and that cops are checking the phone records and doing investigations of hotel employees and bodyguards she’s been working with.

http://pagesix.com/2016/10/03/french-cops-think-thieves-were-tipped-off-by-kims-security/

I'm starting to hope this really did happen (not that I want scary things to happen to ANYONE), because if they staged this and used Paris as the backdrop because it's "not safe," then that is really, really not cool.

"Of some suggestions on social media that this is all a publicity stunt for the show, the source said, “That is absurd and offensive. There were no cameras for the Kardashian show shooting in Paris. This was a terrifying incident, Paris just isn’t a safe place at the moment.”"

And, this quote stands out as odd:

"“They did not speak English. They were French speaking.”"

Don't most Europeans speak English, especially in a place like Paris? You would think even simple English would come in handy when robbing an American. The quote makes me wonder if they are suggesting it was a foreign-born person. Again, I really hope they are not "using" the recent troubles in Paris in a hoax.

http://pagesix.com/2016/10/03/why-k...robbed/?_ga=1.268302222.1010484033.1474420286

I was convinced this morning, when I first read the first news coverage, that it was a publicity stunt. I'm now hoping it was not a hoax just for the sake of Paris.

This is all weird. I'm going to await news from an actual LE source, rather than whatever sources have been hitting the news today.

jmopinion at the moment.

Interesting article with some inside the hotel photos:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...l-where-Kim-Kardashian-was-robbed-at-gunpoint

"The historic building has just nine apartments - the smallest measures 950 square feet (88 square metres), while the penthouse sprawls across 3700 square feet, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

A one-night stay in the cheapest, smallest suite will set you back €1500 (NZ$2313).

The top floor - believed to be where Kardashian West was staying - costs a whopping €15,000 per night, although a stay has to be at least one week long."

"You can catch a glimpse of what you're missing out on at the hotel on a behind-the-scenes Instagram account, run by hotel supervisor ..."​

Excuse me for barging in - I just read something about the dehumanizing of Kim and how people are using this as a chance to say really awful things about her - so I thought I would check out the thread.

I've only seen one or two articles and both report what happened to Kim as fact.

Was it a hoax, or do people just assume it's a hoax? Why on earth would she fake something like this - has she ever done it before?

And of course even if we think it might faked shouldn't she be treated as a victim until we know for sure?

I don't mean to sound preachy! Just asking questions. I know it's possible the victim-friendly thing might not apply to celebrities because I've seen some unkind stuff posted in other threads. Celebrities might be in their own class and hey, if anyone wants to dish on Lindsay Lohan sign me up! :discuss:

Excuse me for barging in - I just read something about the dehumanizing of Kim and how people are using this as a chance to say really awful things about her - so I thought I would check out the thread.

I've only seen one or two articles and both report what happened to Kim as fact.

Was it a hoax, or do people just assume it's a hoax? Why on earth would she fake something like this - has she ever done it before?

And of course even if we think it might faked shouldn't she be treated as a victim until we know for sure?

I don't mean to sound preachy! Just asking questions. I know it's possible the victim-friendly thing might not apply to celebrities because I've seen some unkind stuff posted in other threads. Celebrities might be in their own class and hey, if anyone wants to dish on Lindsay Lohan sign me up! :discuss:

Fair question, totally.

I think it's a hoax because the story sounds fishy. My skepticism has nothing to do with Kim Kardashian personally (though I am no fan), but with finding the story very strange.

I wish nothing bad to her or anyone else....but I see holes in the story.

I'm willing to believe it happened, of course, if it happened!

Questions I have:

How did the men know she would be alone? How would they know exactly when and who would be in the apartment? They risked a whole lot and just happened to catch her all by herself?

It was either staged or an inside job, because it seemed to have gone rrrreeeeaaaallllllllyyyy smoothly to be outsiders.
Why wouldn't she have all that jewelry in the hotel's safe?
Moo

Why were ALL of her bodyguards sent to follow her sister, not one for herself with that much expensive jewelry? Is there proof that this jewelry was even with her?
When a family has made their fortunes off of creating fake reality tv shows and PR stunts you have to realistically ask if this is just another PR stunt.
My thoughts as well, where were her handlers? Why wasn't she at the concert in France for the photographs and publicity?
I need to read more.
Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3