France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a big debate - I think (but don't quote me) going on in Belgium? about this subject. Young people leaving for Jihad in Syria etc are having their citizenships removed, so when they change their minds, they can't return to Europe. Their families and various organizations are activating for this rule to be removed, because they say it leaves their runaway kids with nowhere to turn but terrorism. An increasing number of very young teenage girls are being recruited, to be 'company' for the fighters...:(

There was a similar case in Austria as well. Two young girls, under 18, ran away from home to live in Syria. It was reported that they wanted to come back home but couldn't because ISIS had already sent them to be married to fighters. You can't help but wonder what brings young girls who grew up in a privileged surrounding in Austria to want to live the life of an extremist wife?

'I have lost all of my friends'

In an interview with France Inter radio, the former Charlie Hebdo publisher Phillipe Val said: ‘I’ve lost all of my friends today.’

In a moving tribute to his slain former colleagues, Val, who has also been director of France Inter, said:

“They were so alive, they loved to make people happy, to make them laugh, to give them generous ideas. They were very good people. They were the best among us, as those who make us laugh, who are for liberty ... They were assassinated, it is an insufferable butchery.

“We cannot let silence set in, we need help. We all need to band together against this horror. Terror must not prevent joy, must not prevent our ability to live, freedom, expression – I’m going to use stupid words – democracy, after all this is what is at stake. It is this kind of fraternity that allows us to live. We cannot allow this, this is an act of war. It might be good if tomorrow, all newspapers were called Charlie Hebdo. If we titled them all Charlie Hebdo. If all of France was Charlie Hebdo. It would show that we are not okay with this. That we will never let stop laughing. We will never let liberty be extinguished.”

(translated from French by*@rayajalabi)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jan/07/shooting-paris-satirical-magazine-charlie-hebdo

It is still not confirmed by government sources that arrests have been made - I'm not sure if it is just that LE have spoken out of turn or what.

Three suspects said to be all French citizens - a homeless teenage man aged 19, and two brothers aged 33 and 34

The three suspects were tonight said by Metronews to be all French citizens - a homeless teenage man, and two brothers in their thirties.

They were named as Said Kouachi, 34, his brother Cherif Kouachi, 33, and Hamyd Mourad, 19, from the Paris commuter town of Gennevilliers.
There were disputed claims that the three men had been arrested 100 miles away in Reims, following a report by Libération. This could not be verified

BBC tv reporter just said the gunmen went to the WRONG office first! Some people had a lucky escape....

Well, BBC TV is reporting live from Paris right now that city is still on high alert with police guards at all train stations, airport, news offices. Zero about any arrests or any of the suspects being found.

BBC tv reporter just said the gunmen went to the WRONG office first! Some people had a lucky escape....

Well, BBC TV is reporting live from Paris right now that city is still on high alert with police guards at all train stations, airport, news offices. Zero about any arrests or any of the suspects being found.

Oh thank you, switching to BBC World News now .. I forgot about the BBC :D

BBC, live reporting..
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-30710777

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-30710777

"Key Points

Gunmen have attacked the offices of French magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris, killing 12 people including the editor and celebrated cartoonists
The hunt is on for three suspects, presumed to be Islamist militants, and Paris has been placed on the highest alert level
It is the deadliest terror attack in France since 1961 during the Algerian war
President Hollande said it was an act of "extreme barbarity", with many foreign leaders also condemning the attack
In 2011, the satirical publication was firebombed after naming the Prophet Muhammad as its "editor-in-chief"

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 7m7 minutes ago
Update - AFP: French police say an anti-terror raid is under way in the city of Reims #ParisAttack #CharlieHebdo

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak

France anti-terror raid under way in Reims: police

Either the suspects will be able to escape, or "there will be a showdown", said a member of the unit, urging journalists at the scene to remain "vigilant".

JeSuisCharlie AFP pix

http://www.france24.com/en/ live feed

They're saying on CNN one of the gunmen left his ID card in the car they abandoned .. WTF???

I always watch the BBC. Our media outlets stopped reporting the news eons ago, now they just copy it from the Associated Press.

ABC Nightly News just reported a woman with a small child was forced to enter the security code that allowed the terrorists entrance. They made their way to the conference room where the weekly editorial meeting was being held and executed those present. Unbelievable.

This publication seems to have been deliberately provocative over a long period of time, what do we think about that?

BREAKING NEWS: Anti-terror police surround building in hunt for three suspects, including two brothers 'trained in Yemen as assassins', over Paris magazine massacre that left 12 dead

Two brothers were tonight named as being among the three suspects involved in a deadly terrorist attack on an anti-Islamist newspaper in France.

Said Kouachi, 34, and Cherif Kouachi, 32, were identified along with Hamyd Mourad, 18, with all three from the Paris commuter town of Gennevilliers.

A raid by France’s elite anti-terrorist unit was under way late tonight in Reims as part of the hunt for the gunmen who attacked the newspaper.

Either the suspects will be able to escape, or ‘there will be a showdown’, said a member of the unit, urging reporters at the scene to remain ‘vigilant’.

At least 100,000 people gathered across France tonight to back the publication, Charlie Hebdo, as a huge manhunt was launched to find the attackers.

The suspected Al Qaeda militants massacred 12 people in Paris today - and among those slaughtered was a police officer as he begged for mercy.

Tonight, thousands of people went to Republique Square near the scene to honour the victims, holding signs reading 'Je suis Charlie' - 'I am Charlie'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-11-Charlie-Hebdo-attack.html#ixzz3OBQMYqda

FWIW, FOX news isn't able to confirm, but word is trickling out they have two in custody and one is dead.

This is not confirmed, but from their reporter near the scene of today's horrible incident.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads