France - Prisoner escapes prison van, two officers killed in ambush near Rouen, Normandy, 14 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, it's weird how there's no reporting about it that I can find, not even information about memorials or funerals for the guards who were murdered, Fabrice Moello and Arnaud Garcia. Nor have there been updates that I could find about the injured guards & how their recoveries are progressing. Nor about which countries might be providing international assistance per the Interpol notice that was released.

Imo.

Yeah, it's weird how there's no reporting about it that I can find, not even information about memorials or funerals for the guards who were murdered, Fabrice Moello and Arnaud Garcia. Nor have there been updates that I could find about the injured guards & how their recoveries are progressing. Nor about which countries might be providing international assistance per the Interpol notice that was released.

Imo.
Agreed. I don't have a good enough grasp of French to try and search for original-language articles, but I might have a go at tracking some down tomorrow if I can.

Imo.

There have been several articles about the victims being honoured posthumously by President Macron as of today, with induction into la Légion d'honneur/ Legion of Honour. Garcia was due to be a father and Moello was married and a father of twins nearing 21 years old.

This is a big story in France, but the events in Nouvelle-Calédonie are also taking up plenty of airtime.

Fourgon attaqué dans l’Eure : la Légion d’honneur décernée aux deux agents pénitentiaires tués

MSN

There have been several articles about the victims being honoured posthumously by President Macron as of today, with induction into la Légion d'honneur/ Legion of Honour. Garcia was due to be a father and Moello was married and a father of twins nearing 21 years old.

This is a big story in France, but the events in Nouvelle-Calédonie are also taking up plenty of airtime.

Fourgon attaqué dans l’Eure : la Légion d’honneur décernée aux deux agents pénitentiaires tués

MSN
Thank you for this info Scapa, I'm glad it hasn't disappeared from view. I can totally see how the New Caledonia riots have taken precedence in reporting.

I'm still looking for any updates, if anyone finds anything.

I found this from late May:

Was the dangerousness of Mohamed Amra, who recently escaped after a violent attack, underestimated by the courts? This is the question that the Minister of Justice, Éric Dupond-Moretti, is asking himself today. Following the revelations from Le Parisien, the minister announced this Wednesday, during the government questions session before the Senate, an administrative investigation to shed light on the care of the detainee Amra.

[snip]

Le Parisien recently revealed that Mohamed Amra's cell at La Santé prison had been sounded as part of a murder investigation. These wiretaps showed that Amra was directing drug trafficking from his cell and organizing drug thefts using numerous telephones. These conversations also revealed that he had solid contacts outside, capable of carrying out kidnappings on his behalf, and potentially facilitating an escape.

Behind a paywall, so I can only see the beginning. The headline/subheading:

Mohamed Amra case: prison malaise​

The tapping of trafficker Mohamed Amra while being detained at the Health Prison reveals the existence of a young woman from Marseille who was helping the Norman. She is now in prison.

Yeah, nothing at all over the last month from MSM. As with any missing person, I think we can only assume he has been located when it's reported.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back