FRANCE - Truck drives into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, 2016 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
President Hollande is giving a statement after hosting a meeting of security officials in Nice.

He says 84 people have died, and a further 50 are “between life and death”.

People from a number of nationalities are among the dead, Hollande says.

Those who witnessed the attack will have to live with the trauma, he says.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...y-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

If only that traffic cop (or whatever kind of officer it was) had asked to see the ice cream in the truck.

Not that I'm saying it's the cop's fault...no, it's not. It's the killer's fault (and anyone who encouraged him in acting on hate). I just wish the officer had said, "Let me look."

Sad day.

Laws may have prevented from doing such. :(

Not to mention...that does not look like a refrigerated truck to me.

Perhaps barricades and a no drive zone by the beach esp. during festivities and no trucks, cars allowed to park and wait either to allow safety zones.

Maybe, but maybe not. The street was supposed to be closed because of the holiday events. If there was a "reason" the driver provided for being on the closed street, I think the officer could've asked for proof. OF COURSE, I DO NOT KNOW FRENCH LAW so I'm just guessing.

It's just unfortunate to realize the potential to prevent the tragedy was there. :(

Perhaps barricades and a no drive zone by the beach esp. during festivities and no trucks, cars allowed to park and wait either to allow safety zones.

Imo, they should block roadways with scissor lifts and forklifts, they are readily available to rent, relatively low cost, easy to maneouver into place, have substantial weight, and would almost destroy any truck that hit one.

I am not sure about this story.......but LE wouldn't even NEED to look in the truck if it was clearly not a refrigerated (freezer) truck.....and all they had to do was ask to look at the order for the ice cream. This is bizarre, if this story is accurate. JMO

No one thought that was ODD! Nine hours, who would sit there that long?

You would think LE would keep an eye on the truck to see how many people were buying ice cream from them. Hindsight is 20/20, but...

You would think LE would keep an eye on the truck to see how many people were buying ice cream from them. Hindsight is 20/20, but...

LOL supposedly the driver said that it was a delivery.......not like the Good Humor Man. I think this is tabloid fodder. JMO

Yep, thats what has to be done these days, barricades as they have around Washington DC and other places. Any time you have a large gathering it seems...

Still just sick. How can anyone justify mowing down children...I didn't even want to drop my daughter off at school today. Just wanted to snuggle and hold her and watch cartoons.

Yep, thats what has to be done these days, barricades as they have around Washington DC and other places. Any time you have a large gathering it seems...

It's an almost impossible situation. In the large crowd situations I've been in, I see the barriers that would prevent a truck, but the barriers also concern me as impediments should stampede situation occur. There is no room for people to move, and I get scared people would be trampled or trapped. All it would take is one determined person with a weapon....no truck required.

Sorry to be a downer. I've never liked being in crowd and these days, I really, really dislike being in a crowded space. Being behind barriers is not really a comfort.

jmo

Of course these are all horrible, but if we took a list of the crazy killings in the US, it would be equally disgusting.

There are so many mass killings in the US and then the serial killers and the beheadings by killers and so many other weird killings. I think all killers kill out of self hatred. They label it different things. Their rationalization for why it is OK.

There are mass shootings by the insane people like Sandy hook shooter but there are a lot more that are by terrorists that kill in the name of "Allah" and shout it while doing so... I don't mean to start a political debate, but surely you can see that these killers have motives as they shout "Allah Akbar" meaning Allah is greater than you and your country and your religions and your government.

Again not debating--I just think that we are becoming numb and these are starting to blur together, so a list would be useful in seeing and remembering

Just woke up to the news 84 dead including 10 children. Lets hope and pray the death toll doesn't increase at all and those severely injured survive.

This is the face of evil this is the monster that did this I hope hell exists. 364F140C00000578-3691019-image-m-153_1468591582961.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hes-crowd-Bastille-Day-celebrations-Nice.html

Heard on Sky news UK there are children severely injured in hospital with no parents with them they are either deceased or severely injured themselves it's just absolutely horrific and tragic.

Still just sick. How can anyone justify mowing down children...I didn't even want to drop my daughter off at school today. Just wanted to snuggle and hold her and watch cartoons.

I read that the ISIS wanted the pulse nightclub killer to plan an attack on Disney World. It is a scary world we live in. My husband and son go to all the local LSU football games and I'm scared for them every single time

Do you have a link for this because this poll says 90% of Tunisians think suicide bombings are never justified which is low compared to other countries.

I'm going by this:

http://www.rferl.org/contentinfogra...a-iraq-is-isis-isil-infographic/26584940.html

The problem is that if 90% of a population rejects suicide bombings, there are up to 10% who think they may be justified in some or all circumstances. In a population of almost 11 million, that's 1.1 million, of whom 100,000+ are likely to be young men of fighting age.

Imo, they should block roadways with scissor lifts and forklifts, they are readily available to rent, relatively low cost, easy to maneouver into place, have substantial weight, and would almost destroy any truck that hit one.

On CNN last night they had a security guy give similiar advice he works for the Israelia Security team. I think it's time we all started taking this more seriously.

Okay, this might seem like a tangent, but....my mind needs to rest somewhere other than the graphic images and coverage.

Neighbors have mentioned that the killer was impolite and didn't hold doors open for others. We all know that type. This is NOT to imply that people without manners are therefore criminals....but it does show the importance, imo, of teaching our kids manners.

When you open the door consistently for others, when you smile and exchange pleasantries with neighbors, when you give off the demeanor of thoughtfulness, this becomes habit. Manners help shape your character and influence your outlook on life. I want my kids to be thoughtful, caring people...and ONE way (of many ways) to instill those character traits is to teach manners.

And that goes for us too - we grown-ups need to show manners - even when it seems that the culture around us is losing the habits of good manners. Maybe one teeny tiny thing we can do in response to these tragedies is to spruce up our own manners. Americans are a friendly people - so let's support our culture and BE NICE to someone today...a stranger, a neighbor, a friend, a relative, a pet, the environment. Just be nice.

And, please, don't tell me this doesn't matter in the face of terrorism. I know my friendly smile means nothing to someone who hates me. But, it matters to me. And it's something active I can do besides reading news reports and worrying our world is too much of a mess to fix.

Just my personal, dorky, heart-felt opinion.

Okay, this might seem like a tangent, but....my mind needs to rest somewhere other than the graphic images and coverage.

Neighbors have mentioned that the killer was impolite and didn't hold doors open for others. We all know that type. This is NOT to imply that people without manners are therefore criminals....but it does show the importance, imo, of teaching our kids manners.

When you open the door consistently for others, when you smile and exchange pleasantries with neighbors, when you give off the demeanor of thoughtfulness, this becomes habit. Manners help shape your character and influence your outlook on life. I want my kids to be thoughtful, caring people...and ONE way (of many ways) to instill those character traits is to teach manners.

And that goes for us too - we grown-ups need to show manners - even when it seems that the culture around us is losing the habits of good manners. Maybe one teeny tiny thing we can do in response to these tragedies is to spruce up our own manners. Americans are a friendly people - so let's support our culture and BE NICE to someone today...a stranger, a neighbor, a friend, a relative, a pet, the environment. Just be nice.

And, please, don't tell me this doesn't matter in the face of terrorism. I know my friendly smile means nothing to someone who hates me. But, it matters to me. And it's something active I can do besides reading news reports and worrying our world is too much of a mess to fix.

Just my personal, dorky, heart-felt opinion.

It shows his constant mind-set that he held others in contempt, and and yes that's a big problem.
I wonder if any neighbor ever filed a police report on him?
His arrest in March seemed serious enough for him to spend time in jail but none given Robbery with a gun? That's pretty serious offense to give a warning only. I'm listening to see if I can find out more about his previous brush with the law.

"Bouhlel, who had been known to the French police since January, had been on the radar for six months for petty criminality.

It is understood he lost his job as a delivery driver when he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into four cars and had also been involved in a bar brawl.

Walid Hamou, a cousin of Bouhlel's wife Hajer Khalfallah , told MailOnline: 'Bouhlel was not religious. He did not go to the mosque, he did not pray, he did not observe Ramadan.'He drank alcohol, ate pork and took drugs. This is all forbidden under Islam.

'He was not a Muslim, he was a s***.

'He beat his wife, my cousin, he was a nasty piece of work.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eat-wife-NEVER-went-mosque.html#ixzz4EUL0WJjS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back