France France- Yannis More, 3, #326DMFRA, last Seen Ganagobie, @ Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France, 2 May 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

326DMFRA - Yannis More​

AP

Left: More, circa 1986; Right: Age-progression to ten years

Name: Yannis More
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: May 2, 1989
Location Last Seen: Ganagobie, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: May 13, 1986
Race: Not stated
Height: 43 inches
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slight brown mark on abdomen. He suffers from asthma.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Yannis was three years old in May 1989, when he disappeared from Ganagobie at Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, not long from Prieure, when he built a hut with his brothers. Every effort was made to find him, even a ground search of the difficult terrain. 16 months later, three clues were found: A hunter found his shoes one kilometer from the child's home, also his anorak and a sock. Yannis has never been found.

1689183054488.png
July 2023
''Calls for witnesses are launched, search notices are broadcast on which Yannis is in photo, with his round cheeks, his brown hair and his mischievous look. The gendarmes launch a search in Ganagobie, a small village of 90 inhabitants. Without success.

16 months later, Yannis’ parents discovered 300 meters from their home clothes that their son was wearing on the day of his disappearance. They were deposited by an anonymous hand. They never knew anything more.''

Thank you for creating this thread for Yannis.
'I just wanted to let you know about the discrepancy in the title with regard to the date of his disappearance:

2 May 1986 ... as opposed to Media article : Missing Since: May 2, 1989

We had been settled in Ganagobie for 18 months... I saw them having fun from the window. It was the first time they asked me to go above the house. eldest to pay attention to his little brother. They told me that Yannis was going to see the puppies of a neighbor next door, "explained Yannis's mother, Pascaline Moré, in an interview with La Provence, May 2, 2016 . Is Yannis still alive? " I want to know! Finally? ", she hesitated. “Why not… You never know. We will surely never know. We give ourselves hope ”, she confided then.

Provence Default Image

Disappearance of Emile: from Vernet to Ganagobie and Peyroules, the mystery of 3 missing children in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence​

By Jérémy MICHAUDET and LS
Published on 07/12/23 at 14:37 - Updated on 07/12/23 at 19:22

Photo DR
The photo of Yannis Moré, 3 years old, disappeared on May 2, 1989 in Ganagobie.

1/5
The photo of Yannis Moré, 3 years old, disappeared on May 2, 1989 in Ganagobie.

During an interview granted to La Provence, May 2, 2016, Yannis's mother, Pascaline Moré, holds the last aged portrait of her child produced in 2009 for his 20th birthday.

A retired policeman, Gérard Puig was for 10 years one of the directors of the investigation into the disappearance of Yannis Moré.

Le Vernet, Ganagobie, Peyroules

34 years ago, little 3-year-old Yannis mysteriously disappeared in Ganagobie, a village located nearly 60 km from Vernet where little Emile disappeared on Saturday evening. Another disappearance remains unexplained, that of Mathieu Haulbert, 10 years old, in 1983.​

Subscribe to the News newsletter​

Essential news topics 3 times a week
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 a.m.
Register
The search continues in the village of Vernet (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) in order to find little Emile , who has been missing since Saturday July 8, around 5 p.m., while he was playing in the garden of the residence. family of his grandparents. The little boy, aged two and a half, was last seen alone by two witnesses on Saturday in the hamlet of Haut-Vernet which is almost 2 km above the entrance to the village, still cordoned off , this Wednesday, July 12 , by the gendarmerie for the purposes of the investigation, " to search for the causes of the disappearance " entrusted to the Research Section (SR) of the Marseille gendarmerie.
" As I speak to you, the operations have not brought any useful elements to the investigation. (...) Emile has not been found ", admitted, on Tuesday July 11, the prosecutor of the Republic of Digne-les-Bains, Rémy Avon, during a press briefing. " We have no clue, no information, no element that can help us understand this disappearance ," said the magistrate at the time. The mystery remains despite the mobilization of nearly 800 people, police, firefighters and volunteers .

→ To read also: Disappearance of Emile: at Bouilladisse, a large family of the village "a bit old-fashioned"

May 1989: the unexplained disappearance of little Yannis in Ganagobie​

It reminds us of a lot of things. I sent a little message of support to the mayor of Vernet, François Balique ”, testifies the mayor since 2020 of Ganagobie, Sylvie Belmonte, 67 years old. 34 years ago, " I was town clerk and I took part in the search to try to find little Yannis ". The recent disappearance of little Émile in Vernet unfortunately echoes that of Yannis Moré, then 3 years old, on May 2, 1989 in Ganagobie, a calm and peaceful village of 90 inhabitants in this same department of the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. .
That day, around 10 a.m., Yannis mysteriously disappeared while having fun with three of his brothers, then aged between 5 and 9, in a small cabin a few meters from the family home, surrounded by trees. a vast forest, located in the hamlet of Belvédère which overlooks the Durance river. A hundred gendarmes, soldiers, firefighters and volunteers will then take part in the rescue operations. No witnesses, no clues. No suspect, no ransom.
During an interview granted to La Provence, May 2, 2016, Yannis's mother, Pascaline Moré, holds the last portrait

During an interview granted to La Provence, May 2, 2016, Yannis's mother, Pascaline Moré, holds the last "aged" portrait of her child produced in 2009 for his 20th birthday.
PHOTO JÉRÉMY MICHAUDET
We had been settled in Ganagobie for 18 months... I saw them having fun from the window. It was the first time they asked me to go above the house. eldest to pay attention to his little brother. They told me that Yannis was going to see the puppies of a neighbor next door, "explained Yannis's mother, Pascaline Moré, in an interview with La Provence, May 2, 2016 . Is Yannis still alive? " I want to know! Finally? ", she hesitated. “Why not… You never know. We will surely never know. We give ourselves hope ”, she confided then.

Filed as "out of regret", the kidnapping is beyond doubt​

Sixteen months after the disappearance of Yannis, a hunter discovered, on October 1, 1990, directly above the priory of Ganagobie (600 meters as the crow flies from the house) two shoes "in a wooded area which had nevertheless been searched " . , recalled in Provence , May 2, 2016, Gérard Puig.
The former major of the Research Brigade (BR) of the gendarmerie of Digne-les-Bains, retired in 2009, worked from 1989 to 1999 on the disappearance of Yannis Moré. “ The two leather shoes are placed side by side and the laces are undone. I remain convinced that someone has put them down, perhaps out of regret and to be found, he confided then . of thyme, a gold medal and a chain at the edge of a dry stream. A few meters away are the wet clothes: underpants, a sock, a tracksuit and its anorak" . At the time, biological analyzes did not reveal any traces of blood. "Other certainties, in the spring, the clothes were not there, the iron rod of the zipper is broken and the elastic of the bottom of the tracksuit is cut with something sharp, "explained the former gendarme.

Started thread for third missing boy referenced in above link..

Started thread for third missing boy referenced in above link..
I was just thinking of him... we must find out more. I'll go hunting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back