Funeral could be set for this week.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But the Anthonys are not on trial.... Casey is, and she is not his client. I understand what you are saying, but Conway is not breaking any laws by talking to the media.
According to Natisha Lance on NG last night, he is NOT in a psych hospital, not even the psych ward, he is in a regular room but does have a security guard outside his door. As for releasing information, the lawyer has only given generic answers... not specific ones, so I am not sure what breach of confidentiality you are reffering to. Isn't it possible that George might have given him permission to let the media know that he is okay and not coming home just yet?

I didn't say Conway was breaking any laws by talking to the media.

It doesn't matter that they are not on trial...they have hired him anyhow, even though they face no charges at this stage. And he is clearly asking the SA for immunity from prosecution for some unnamed offence(s). The Bar Rules would certainly apply, they don't have to be charged first. Once you engage a lawyer, the Bar Rules come into play.

Re client confidentiality, where I come from, and I think it's probably very similar in Florida, you cannot talk about your client's affairs without their specific consent. BC could not have gotten consent, as he had not even seen or spoken to George yet, at least according to him.

It does seem similar rules exist in Florida...from the Florida Bar Rules

RULE 4-1.6 CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION

(a) Consent Required to Reveal Information. A lawyer shall not reveal information relating to representation of a client except as stated in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d), unless the client gives informed consent.(b) When Lawyer Must Reveal Information. A lawyer shall reveal such information to the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary:

(1) to prevent a client from committing a crime; or
(2) to prevent a death or substantial bodily harm to another.

(c) When Lawyer May Reveal Information. A lawyer may reveal such information to the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary:

(1) to serve the client's interest unless it is information the client specifically requires not to be disclosed;
(2) to establish a claim or defense on behalf of the lawyer in a controversy between the lawyer and client;
(3) to establish a defense to a criminal charge or civil claim against the lawyer based upon conduct in which the client was involved;
(4) to respond to allegations in any proceeding concerning the lawyer's representation of the client; or
(5) to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct.
http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/B80FAEA5F6E3A0F1852571710049B036

RULE 4-1.7 CONFLICT OF INTEREST; CURRENT CLIENTS

(a) Representing Adverse Interests. Except as provided in subdivision (b), a lawyer shall not represent a client if:

(1) the representation of 1 client will be directly adverse to another client; or

(2) there is a substantial risk that the representation of 1 or more clients will be materially limited by the lawyer's responsibilities to another client, a former client or a third person or by a personal interest of the lawyer.

(b) Notwithstanding the existence of a conflict of interest under subdivision (a), a lawyer may represent a client if:

(1) the lawyer reasonably believes that the lawyer will be able to provide competent and diligent representation to each affected client;

(2) the representation is not prohibited by law;

(3) the representation does not involve the assertion of a position adverse to another client when the lawyer represents both clients in the same proceeding before a tribunal; and

(4) each affected client gives informed consent, confirmed in writing or clearly stated on the record at a hearing.

(c) Explanation to Clients. When representation of multiple clients in a single matter is undertaken, the consultation shall include explanation of the implications of the common representation and the advantages and risks involved.

Again, from Florida Bar Rules. http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/2E30A65D3638C6B485257171004B3C67

The mods can move this post to the appropriate thread if there is one.
IMO it seems like Jose Baez might be holding up Caylees burial by not releasing the remains to George and Cindy. If Baez has Caseys power of attorney I wouldn't be surprised if he's wheeling and dealing some kind of deal privately with the Anthonys for Caylees remains. What else would the holdup in her burial be? Her remains should have been handed over to the Anthonys after all forensic tests were finish which I was under the impression they were. Baez is holding on to the body so that " HIS TEAM" can continue to test the remains.
I don't buy it. Its a ploy on Baez's part to hold up the burial of Caylee and I am wondering why!
Think about it! There is a reason why Caylees remains have not been put to rest and it all points to Casey and Baez! Speculation or fact. Its time for Baez to be questioned on this matter! He wants to be public. Then he owes the public and G&C an explanation concerning Caylees Remains.

IMO it seems like Jose Baez might be holding up Caylees burial by not releasing the remains to George and Cindy. If Baez has Caseys power of attorney I wouldn't be surprised if he's wheeling and dealing some kind of deal privately with the Anthonys for Caylees remains. What else would the holdup in her burial be? Her remains should have been handed over to the Anthonys after all forensic tests were finish which I was under the impression they were. Baez is holding on to the body so that " HIS TEAM" can continue to test the remains.
I don't buy it. Its a ploy on Baez's part to hold up the burial of Caylee and I am wondering why!
Think about it! There is a reason why Caylees remains have not been put to rest and it all points to Casey and Baez! Speculation or fact. Its time for Baez to be questioned on this matter! He wants to be public. Then he owes the public and G&C an explanation concerning Caylees Remains.

I think it all goes back to Investigators saying they wanted to ask the As more questions, but would wait til after the funeral. I think Casey is probably doing her parents a favor (if they don't already have control) by helping them stall...I think they think that if they sway public opinion enough their way, get enough sympathy etc, the police will leave them alone. I think that is why LE came out with their statement about how they are re-commencing their investigation and want the As to answer some hard questions.

I keep thinking perhaps if BC is so convinced that his clients would be better served with Caylee buried...he should go after jb or kc ---- couldn't this also be answered in a court??? There is a hearing on Friday??? enough is enough!

I did get appalled at bc saying that the a's let SA & defense have the body--please you don't "let" the SA have a body...its their job--the hold up is the defense NOT SA.....I know the bone lady mentioned the other night that she was waiting on paperwork related to the forencics that SA did (labs and such)--but they are intelligent they know what LE will do...they could do their own....shameful!!!:furious:

I'm surprised that no inquiry into why she has not been buried hasn't come up, I'd think that if the A's don't want to publicly ask then they could ask a judge to go to JB and see what the hold up is. It is a disgrace that she hasn't been buried and someone needs to explain why. MOO

Im thinking KC thinks she is gonna walk and will not release Caylees remains, so SHE can play the grieving mother and bury Caylee JMOI will be surprised if they are released BEFORE KC's trial, after all JB said he was following KC's wishes

I agree. Baez needs to get busy and finsih up what ever it is he's waiting on.

Why isn’t anyone from the Anthony family making this happen? I understand Baez has control over Caylee’s remains but damn, light that fire under his arse already. He’s had enough time. How many times must this baby be assaulted???

Baez is a father himself, why isn’t he doing the right thing. Casey doesn’t care either way, so it would be fruitless to implore her to do what’s right. I am even infuritated that she still has a say so over the child she disposed of. Granted she only stands accused but for goodness sake, lay that baby to rest. Why is she sitting all alone in a box in a freezer..

Get busy Jose, release Caylee so she can have an honorable funeral/burial.

I just posted this on the Funeral thread, but it applies here.:

Doesn't this conflict with the statement from Baez saying he has the "grand" job of releasing Caylee for burial or whatever he said?!

"They've allowed the state and defense to do what they need to do in preparation for Casey Anthony's trial. That's delayed the burial of their granddaughter. And it's time now that we get on with that," Conway said.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18568548/detail.html#- (Bolded by me)

It says to me the A fam has been in charge of this the whole time and while Baez may hold a legal right from Casey...Caylee was being held with the "blessing" from the A fam so they can try to help Casey. Nothing has changed.

Also, BC doesn't say they will bury Caylee anytime soon...only they are willing now to plan on it and set a date for it.

So the title on that thread should be changed, imo. It should read, Funeral Arrangements Could Be Planned This Week instead of leading one to believe they could hold the actual funeral this week. Not going to happen.

I tend to agree that they held off on the burial because of the "tough questions" coming from LE after the funeral. I think now LE is growing tired of waiting and they are going to move forward in the case as soon as possible. This is going to force them to at least plan the funeral, but there is still the matter of George being hospitalized...which will set the date further back for LE.

Doesn't this conflict with the statement from Baez saying he has the "grand" job of releasing Caylee for burial or whatever he said?!

"They've allowed the state and defense to do what they need to do in preparation for Casey Anthony's trial. That's delayed the burial of their granddaughter. And it's time now that we get on with that," Conway said.

It says to me the A fam has been in charge of this the whole time and while Baez may hold a legal right from Casey...Caylee was being held with the "blessing" from the A fam so they can try to help Casey. Nothing has changed.

Also, BC doesn't say they will bury Caylee anytime soon...only they are willing now to plan on it and set a date for it.

So the title on that thread should be changed, imo. It should read, Funeral Arrangements Could Be Planned This Week instead of leading one to believe they could hold the actual funeral this week. Not going to happen.

I tend to agree that they held off on the burial because of the "tough questions" coming from LE after the funeral. I think now LE is growing tired of waiting and they are going to move forward in the case as soon as possible. This is going to force them to at least plan the funeral, but there is still the matter of George being hospitalized...which will set the date further back for LE.

The statements certainly are inconsistent. And his most recent statement is certainly inconsistent with his earlier statement where he said Hoover was to blame for the funeral being put off. He changes his story more often than Casey imo.

I don't think LE will be put off by George being in hospital. I think they will try to conduct the interview there. In any event, it seems to me very obvious that the As will be refusing to answer questions/co-operate with police, as they made it clear they would not do so without immunity, and I think LE has made it clear they are not getting immunity!

Bolded by me.

I read this to mean they have sat back and let the SA and Defense do what was necessary without making a fuss but now feel enough is enough release her remains for a proper burial or they will take action to get her! They know it is the Defense dragging their feet and keeping little Caylee from being buried and they have had enough. JMO:)

So the title should be changed, imo. It should read, Funeral Arrangements Could Be Planned This Week instead of leading one to believe they could hold the actual funeral this week. Not going to happen.

Well I tell ya, I for one would like to know once and for all, who has the final say on Caylee's remains at this moment! Is it JB on behalf on KC (KC calling the shots- JB would just be the instrument) or is it the A family? I want to know. How can we find out? One of these reporters needs to ask BC this and not let up until they get an answer. Sorry this just gets me so infuriated. :furious:

Bolded by me.

I read this to mean they have sat back and let the SA and Defense do what was necessary without making a fuss but now feel enough is enough release her remains for a proper burial or they will take action to get her! They know it is the Defense dragging their feet and keeping little Caylee from being buried and they have had enough. JMO:)

I just wish he wouldn't have implied that the A's needed to give SA approval to do what they needed to do......technically they didn't need to even ask and they finished quickly.....

Well I tell ya, I for one would like to know once and for all, who has the final say on Caylee's remains at this moment! Is it JB on behalf on KC (KC calling the shots- JB would just be the instrument) or is it the A family? I want to know. How can we find out? One of these reporters needs to ask BC this and not let up until they get an answer. Sorry this just gets me so infuriated. :furious:
Last night on NG, LP said it was CA

I'm finding this subject interesting- If KC has signed over her rights as parent to JB, then JB can do whatever he wants with the child (right?) The A's have no say. Now, since the babydoll issue has come up, this is definetly reason for a law suit- my question is since JB has P of A over Caylee - who has the right to sue- JB for KC or the A's? If JB, can he with-hold the burial while he pursues a lawsuit? Horrible thought !

The statements certainly are inconsistent. And his most recent statement is certainly inconsistent with his earlier statement where he said Hoover was to blame for the funeral being put off. He changes his story more often than Casey imo.

I don't think LE will be put off by George being in hospital. I think they will try to conduct the interview there. In any event, it seems to me very obvious that the As will be refusing to answer questions/co-operate with police, as they made it clear they would not do so without immunity, and I think LE has made it clear they are not getting immunity!

I hope you're right about no immunity, George's doctor(s) could refuse any kind of police interviews though. Maybe that is why George wants to stay in the hospital, if he is staying voluntarily which we still don't know for sure, do we?

I'm thankful that Leonard P had the memorial service for Caylee in Blanchard Park, it certainly is more than her own family has done.
They even tried to prevent that from happening! It is beyond disgusting that Caylee is still waiting for proper recognition and services from her own family.

I'm finding this subject interesting- If KC has signed over her rights as parent to JB, then JB can do whatever he wants with the child (right?) The A's have no say. Now, since the babydoll issue has come up, this is definetly reason for a law suit- my question is since JB has P of A over Caylee - who has the right to sue- JB for KC or the A's? If JB, can he with-hold the burial while he pursues a lawsuit? Horrible thought !

good question!

I just wish he wouldn't have implied that the A's needed to give SA approval to do what they needed to do......technically they didn't need to even ask and they finished quickly.....

I agree! It's the Defense holding everything up which is a disgrace to Caylee. But of course look who the defendant is and you know the reason!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions
Back