GA - 8 dead after shootings at three spas, Atlanta, 16 Mar 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In my large city, the police ignore legally licensed massage parlors or "pay to uhmm... dance" bars operating as prostitution fronts unless....

A. They receive reports of spin off crimes (robbery of clients, muggings, car break ins, drugs, fights, and other drama) or
B. The city is in the midst of a "zero tolerance" campaign.

"Zero tolerance" campaigns occur every four years or so. This usually results in the closures of some parlors where I work and the seizure / razing of others for back taxes (I don't work in the best area). Of course, the parlors re-open at other nearby locations with say, 9-12 months.

So.... my guess is that being licensed and not on the LE radar does not mean "no prostitution". Rather, it just means no high amount of spin off crimes and no zero tolerance campaign.
I understand. I think we all understand what kind of "spa" these places are. However, I think LE was saying this was not run-of-the-mill crime at a known hot spot, but targeted shootings for a specific reason.

jmo

In my large city, the police ignore legally licensed massage parlors or "pay to uhmm... dance" bars operating as prostitution fronts unless....

A. They receive reports of spin off crimes (robbery of clients, muggings, car break ins, drugs, fights, and other drama) or

"Zero tolerance" campaigns occur every four years or so. This usually results in the closures of some parlors where I work and the seizure / razing of others for back taxes (I don't work in the best area). Of course, the parlors re-open at other nearby locations with say, 9-12 months.

So.... my guess is that being licensed and not on the LE radar does not mean "no prostitution". Rather, it just means no high amount of spin off crimes and no zero tolerance campaign.
And how does that matter?

They really should be investigating more of them for human trafficking.

Behind Illicit Massage Parlors Lie a Vast Crime Network and Modern Indentured Servitude (Published 2019)

Human Trafficking Might Be Happening in Your Neighborhood: How to Spot Illicit Massage Parlors

In a “business model” where employees provide an expensive service and are not paid, the amount of money to be made is obscene.

Many women answer a vague ad which promises a great deal of money with few details about what the job entails. In one report from the New York Times written earlier this year, a 49-year-old immigrant fell victim to this con and found herself working in an IMB in Flushing, NY (sometimes for violent clients), deeply in debt to her trafficker. Not only did she not receive the thousands of dollars listed in the job ad, but her trafficker charged her $10 per day to sleep on a couch located within the strip mall parlor where “rats nibbled on her food.”

Last edited:
Family of Cherokee County woman devastated over her death in Acworth spa shooting

Read the transcripts of 911 calls after the Atlanta-area spa shootings

Piedmont Road Homicide Investigation - 911 Audio
Post Date:03/17/2021 1:47 PM
These links will access the two 911 calls related to the homicides that occurred within the City of Atlanta.

Call 1: 911 Audio 1

Call Received: 17:47:07 Dispatched: 17:47:45 Arrived: 17:49:07

Call 2: 911 Audio 2

Call Received: 17:57:51 Dispatched: 17:58:28 Arrived: 18:00:28
News | Atlanta Police Department

Last edited:
I understand. I think we all understand what kind of "spa" these places are. However, I think LE was saying this was not run-of-the-mill crime at a known hot spot, but targeted shootings for a specific reason.

jmo

JMO . . . I think that some are assuming "what kind of "spa" these places are." It doesn't matter at all what kind of spa these places are. They were the sites of horrific violence inflicted by either an incel or a racist, or both.

JMO . . . I think that some are assuming "what kind of "spa" these places are." It doesn't matter at all what kind of spa these places are. They were the sites of horrific violence inflicted by either an incel or a racist, or both.

Agree, violence against them is inexcusable regardless of what the business may have been doing.

Yes, of course.

This losing context. I was posting during the presser earlier today, relaying what LE was saying. Nothing more or less than that.

jmo

Agree, violence against them is inexcusable regardless of what the business may have been doing.
Of course.

I was relaying what LE was saying at the press conference earlier today. I in no way whatever think anyone deserves to be shot. I'm really regretting I bothered posting to report what LE was saying at the press conference.

jmo

I am so far disappointed in the messages coming forward about this tragedy.
Without any evidence, the local news is trying to portray this as an anti-Asian crime. Could it be? Yes. But there is nothing yet to support this.
And then there's the chorus of voices about why he wasn't beaten or shot by police because he surely would have been if he weren't white.

In the end, I think this will be because of the business of the victims. I don't intend this as victim blaming but instead a mentally disturbed shooter who either felt slighted by people in this line of work or thought is was his duty to impose his moral standards on the victims.
It's a true tragedy. So many victims. I was watching the local news last night, from the police presence in Cherokee county (soon to be confirmed as the site of a shooting) to the next crime scene in the city of Atlanta.
<modsnip> Victims are all ONE race. Clearly obvious

Last edited by a moderator:
Authorities said Long, who’s white, told police his act wasn’t racially motivated and that he potentially had a “sex addiction.”

They also said he was planning to go to Florida in a plot to attack “some type of *advertiser censored* industry.”

“He made indicators that he has some issues, potentially sexual addiction, and may have frequented some of these places in the past,” said Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds.

It was not clear if Long ever went to the parlors where the shootings occurred.

The shootings appear to be at the “intersection of gender-based violence, misogyny and xenophobia,” Georgia state Rep. Bee Nguyen said, the first Vietnamese American to serve in the Georgia House and a frequent advocate for women and communities of color.
Suspect in Atlanta-area massage parlor shootings charged with 8 counts of murder

They are not releasing a motive, nor are they labeling this a hate crime, but they are not ruling it out saying that they are looking at all possibilities in the shooting.

Now we do know that President Biden has been briefed on this, he’s been in touch with the Atlanta mayor.

We’re also expecting to get some sort of update from officials throughout the day as they work to piece all of this together.
8 dead in Atlanta-area shootings, suspect in custody | KMVU Fox 26 Medford

Last edited:
Of course.

I was relaying what LE was saying at the press conference earlier today. I in no way whatever think anyone deserves to be shot. I'm really regretting I bothered posting to report what LE was saying at the press conference.

jmo

Understood and I apologize if I came across as critical as I intended no offense.

When Robert Aaron Long walked into the Big Woods Goods gun shop on Tuesday, he walked out with a 9mm handgun—and just hours later, allegedly used it to kill 8 people at three massage parlors in Atlanta, Georgia, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The 21-year-old was able to purchase his weapon the same day as the alleged crime, as police said Wednesday, because Georgia has no waiting period for purchasing a gun. The state also doesn’t require weapons sellers to do a background check for licensed gun owners; a state-issued photo ID is all that’s required.
Atlanta Shooting Suspect Bought His Gun the Same Day He Allegedly Killed 8 People

Earlier Tuesday, Long bought a gun from Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs, an employee told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Now the store is cooperating with law enforcement. A 9mm firearm, believed to be the murder weapon, was found when Long was arrested.
Police: Georgia shooting suspect says he targeted spas because of sexual addiction

The shootings appear to be at the “intersection of gender-based violence, misogyny and xenophobia,” Georgia state Rep. Bee Nguyen said, the first Vietnamese American to serve in the Georgia House and a frequent advocate for women and communities of color.

JMO, that seems to sum it up from what is known so far. Very sad and no excuses for this guy.

JMO, that seems to sum it up from what is known so far. Very sad and no excuses for this guy.
I concur. Sex isn’t the primary motive. The sex element (secondary motive) was an intended planned excuse by the alleged perp. He knew he would be arrested. How could he not? The qualifier of a hate crime attached to murders surely would ensure possibility of death penalty sentence. imo

Eta: I may stand corrected before I even post but will still leave my thoughts before reading this. I was about to hit reply when I found this:
Georgia Lawmakers Renew Push For Hate Crime Bill After Death Of Ahmaud Arbery

Eta: I’m still correcting myself: I’m so sorry for the confusion. An update:
Georgia's Kemp signs hate crimes law after outcry over death

I stand by my original comment. This guy thinks he’s sly. imo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads