GUILTY GA - Abbey Hebert, 17, stabbed to death, Acworth, 14 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Woman sentenced in fatal stabbing of step-cousin in 2015

A Cobb County woman will spend the next 20 years behind bars after being sentenced in the fatal stabbing of her step-cousin in 2015.

Olivia Smith was sentenced Monday after entering a guilty plea in the attack on 17 year-old Abbey Hebert on November 14, 2015.

Smith was originally charged with felony murder but as part of the plea deal, she was convicted of voluntary manslaughter.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/dad-says-hes-not-there-yet-to-forgive-teen-accused-of-stabbing-his-daughter-to-death/85-551889838

It was an emotionally-charged appearance throughout. Smith was visibly sobbing during proceedings, and at one point, Abbey's father shouted, and even threatened, Smith. He let her know that while his daughter may have been able to forgive what happened, he would not.

"It's not meant for me to forgive her. I'm not there," Steve said. "Abbey was a brilliant young lady, a heart of gold. I told everybody I would never refer to Abbey in the past tense. She's here with us today."

He also pledged to be at every parole hearing for Smith, to make sure she serves her time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute
Back